IGNORED

I hate gamecentral

Oh Danny Boy

i'll just float this out there, i don't want to buy magazines, and i can't asked to check videogames up on the internet so i use the teletext.

I've since come to the conclusion that they are a bunch of transformer masturbating, DOA hating, bastards who are not qualified enough to work for a magazine. I bet they cried when they found out the transformer's movie was a load of shite or didn't they never see the movie till the end because they were chucked out by security for whacking one off.

Transformers sucks, its for kids, get over it. Time wasting cunts

I quite like gamecentral actually, i think their reviews are pretty good and some of the jokes are quite amusing.

The DOA business is a little wearisome (though to tell the truth my combined playtime on the DOAX games is less than an hour - its my eldest daughter who plays the things obsessively)and the transformers references go straight over my head, but overall for something which is hidden away on the arse end of teletext its a pretty OK way to waste a few minutes each day.

I remember when Digitiser stopped and GamesCentral started I wrote an entire page in my diary about how angry I was, because I'm oh-so-cool. Changing between the two was like waking up from a brilliant, exotic dream to discover you were an accountant called Clint.

Clint's a pretty cool name though. Mr. Eastwood seems to do well with it.

I've since come to the conclusion that they are a bunch of transformer masturbating, DOA hating, bastards

They sound great. Dead or Alive is fucking shit, along with everything else Itagaki has ever touched - the road-faced, masturbatory, sex-offending bondage fetishist.

Oh, apart from Ninja Gaiden, which is aces. And a fluke.

game magazines are a dying age, why spend a fiver on a mag when you can get tons more free info on a forum.

Because people like you pollute the forum memepool.

i'll just float this out there, i don't want to buy magazines, and i can't asked to check videogames up on the internet so i use the teletext.

I've since come to the conclusion that they are a bunch of transformer masturbating, DOA hating, bastards who are not qualified enough to work for a magazine. I bet they cried when they found out the transformer's movie was a load of shite or didn't they never see the movie till the end because they were chucked out by security for whacking one off.

Transformers sucks, its for kids, get over it. Time wasting cunts

You seem quite angry about something free, which you have to go out of your way to read.

But then if I didn't have access to the internet or magazines, liked DOA and had a Kevin Smith avatar, I'd probably be filled with indefinable rage at the world too.

I quite like Gamecentral. It was far better when Tony Mott was doing it obviously, the current lot seem to have no enthusiasm for anything but Transformers. The Mario Galaxy review the other day was pretty enthusiastic though, it was a pretty ace review aswell (mostly cos it was just heaps of praise). The column things they do on wednesday and possibly the weekends are really shit and tiresome though.

Their reviews are much better than those in any magazines I could mention. The other collumns are a bit hit and miss, and of course the old digitiser humour is sorley missed, but for a free read in the morning they arent half bad at all.

someone link this vegatable to the "do I have to pay a licence fee?" threads...

Ah, I forgot about that. I only read GC when I was young. Isn't there a way you can view it on the internet, or am I just wildly making that up? God knows why you'd want to, thinking about it, although I do still look through the tiny amount of Digi that's been archived from time to time.

Un huh...

*Checks he's browsing a games forum...*

Un huh...

if you think i'm going to read through dozens of pages to find out the general consensus regarding mario galaxy then you are in another world sir

They sound great. Dead or Alive is fucking shit, along with everything else Itagaki has ever touched - the road-faced, masturbatory, sex-offending bondage fetishist.

i totally disagree with this statement, it assumes that sexual deviants cannot make good videogames. DOA series are damn good games. so screw you :)

I hate to be a twat, but the phrase is 'can't be arsed', Mr Muse Hunter :wub:

yes, yes you are :P

You seem quite angry about something free, which you have to go out of your way to read.

But then if I didn't have access to the internet or magazines, liked DOA and had a Kevin Smith avatar, I'd probably be filled with indefinable rage at the world too.

kevin smith rocks!

Yes, they do review games properly but there's an extremely snobbish undertone in many of their reviews.

Their review of Carnival Games was unfair, but that's the only recent one I can think of that wasn't warranted. Occasionally they do go a bit OTT in their criticisms, but that just makes the high scoring games seem even better.

Yes, they do review games properly but there's an extremely snobbish undertone in many of their reviews.

When they reported the Bungie-independence rumour, they spent half of the page they devoted to it deriding anyone foolish enough to give it the time of day (ridiculous since that's exactly what they were doing). Then, when the truth turned out to be exactly as the rumour said, they justified their position in the same unbecoming and condescending manner they adopted in the first place.

I just think they're really stuck in their ways. Everyday's like reading the blog of a cynical, hateful 30-something video game fan who's completely out of touch with both the industry and their readership. Sure, 1 out of every 50 emails they get will support their bizarre fascination with Transformers and Ladders, but the other 49 probably don't make it by virtue of not being "good enough".

And yet, I still read - probably because there's nothing better to do during the ad breaks.