Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Windowlicker

Also playing on a Mac, it's quite a good port. Do you get a wierd clicking sound when opening the map / inventory / etc though?

I just got past the first boss. Nothing like as bad as on the first edition, in that you don't just have to rely on blind luck if you haven't invested in certain augmentations.

Also playing on a Mac, it's quite a good port. Do you get a wierd clicking sound when opening the map / inventory / etc though?

I just got past the first boss. Nothing like as bad as on the first edition, in that you don't just have to rely on blind luck if you haven't invested in certain augmentations.

It is a good port, yes. Not noticed the clicking noise but I'll have a listen next time I play.

One thing I found odd about the first boss fight is that I ran around hiding and wasting a lot of ammo on him, then got up close:

Stunned him three times and it was game over lol

I think I'm approaching the latter ends of this one now, having made my way into the arctic facility and now being chased around by crazed staff who have all lost their minds. I kept momentarily thinking I was in Dead Island at this point wanting to kick them back but you can't do any mele type attacks like in most FPS's apart from the take downs, but then those come at the cost of your battery power.

(bit below may contain some spoiler info ish)

I found the second boss to be the easiest take down of them all but I think it was down to how effective Typhoons really are. At the time I was armed with the PEP gun thinking that it was causing damage until I later realised they don't at all. I'd saved up a rocket launcher for a fair while until I got to the third boss with about 5 rockets or so and finished him off with a final frag grenade. Took a few attempts but got there and you're prevented from using Typhoon as well which was a bit of a kick down, however I'm glad I got to effectively use the Rockets because of the space the gun and ammo was taking up. Got rid of that for now and have just met up with Hugh Darrow and talked him into giving me access codes to the underwater facility.

There have been moments I've gotten a bit bored of this but that's more down to playing it on hard and dying lots. The other one is getting fed up reading computer terminals but feeling I have to along with the e-readers and pocket diaries of which there are lots throughout the game. As a result it's probably taken me much longer than most to get to where I am right now but at the same time I do like the challenge.

And I finally finished this off two nights ago, already pretty close to the end from where I'd left off in the previous post. Was expecting a bit more from the last encouter section though as far as a boss sequence as I thought I was taking down the preliminary stuff leading up to an irritatingly rock solid finisher...but it never actually happened. I almost expected

Elisa to become rogue and start attacking me

So I think I missed off one of the possible endings because the left button (among the three on that panel) was unusable. I did end up missing out on finding David Sariff though towards the end after clicking on the final elevator and thinking I'd already explored everywhere.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, fasteasyfree said:

Is Mankind Divided worth the £13 asking price on Steam at the moment? I'm pretty tempted.

It's one of the best games of the year, so yeah.

I'm so glad both Human Revolution and Dishonored got fantastic successors this year. 

• 1 year later...

After failing to get into Witcher, Prey or Horizon, and having only recently got a

Wii U to play old Zelda games, bloody loving revisiting Human Revolution 

probably best use of second screen I’ve seen so far 

very early doors and Mankind Divided did kind of blast through most of the plot but already just happy to have an old comfy pair of Praxis enhanced slippers to put on

love the music, the look, the glacial gameplay (ignoring all tips and playing on Give Me Deus Ex of course), and so little interference from the story getting in the way of play

Defo up there with the best series, can’t wait for next one 

I'm not the biggest Marvel fan (ie: I couldn't care less if everything Marvel disappears tomorrow) but surely we've had enough Deus Ex by now? They aren't exactly short games and with Cyberpunk 2077 on the horizon there's still plenty of deus exing to go around. 

24 minutes ago, VN1X said:

I'm not the biggest Marvel fan (ie: I couldn't care less if everything Marvel disappears tomorrow) but surely we've had enough Deus Ex by now? They aren't exactly short games and with Cyberpunk 2077 on the horizon there's still plenty of deus exing to go around. 

Yeah I agree it’s a bit tragic to repeat the same experience but there’s a lot to be said for the formula - I’ve tried to find it in other games but never managed to do so, i thought Prey was a candidate but the instant I had my first combat encounter I went off it

i love the pacing, I wish the series went back to its roots and genuinely made you choose how you were going to evolve your skills as I have found from Invisible War onwards you max out augs half way through the game

i love the lack of cut scenes, the humour in the dialogue, the sneaky hacky gameplay, the globe trotting, the politics - they could all translate to something else, but other series seem to lose their bottle when they try and make it something weaker

I know what you mean, there's just something about the gameplay that resonates with me. I think it's just plain nosiness - busting into people's houses, going through their drawers, reading their emails, ransacking their medicine cabinet. Satisfyingly transgressive.

15 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I know what you mean, there's just something about the gameplay that resonates with me. I think it's just plain nosiness - busting into people's houses, going through their drawers, reading their emails, ransacking their medicine cabinet. Satisfyingly transgressive.

You can never forget that glorious moment in the very first game when you get a message later asking to to stay away from the ladies’ toilet :lol:

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

I'd dig an episodic gig like with Hitman or Life is Strange. Plenty of stories to tell over seasons. 

7 minutes ago, Plums said:

Oooh I forgot Mankind Divided existed. purchasing immediately.

Aside from the levelling up being a bit too easy and the side missions being kind of weak I really enjoyed the main hub. Physics added a lot of fun to the sandbox.

6 hours ago, linkster said:

You can never forget that glorious moment in the very first game when you get a message later asking to to stay away from the ladies’ toilet :lol:

*whistles*

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...