IGNORED

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Windowlicker

an hour of this is enough to shame the sam fishers and other stealth wannabe's into embarrassment.

Maybe its the gaming summer drought, but seriously this is special and so well done and offers you the choices that most silly stealth titles don't consider.

It just has that magic that seems to be few and far between these days.

I am sure GOTY will be the most overused term soon with all the upcoming launches, but for me based on 2 hours playing this totally is.

For those worried that vpn thing you just need to do the trial, bypass to the usa then let the game install and then take steam offline until Friday

I am sure GOTY will be the most overused term

It always, always is. First half decent game comes along and everyone screams this very term.

That said, you're making it sound awesome. Awesome enough that I'm off to order the augmented edition. Cheers for the enthusiasm!

Oh man this thread os going to be so full of wub very soon. It's a bit rough in places, but my GOOD GOD it's such a pure videogame it makes me all fuzzy just thinking about it.

I'm going to have to duck out of this thread for a while, heck I wish o hadn't seen the awesome White Screenshot a couple of pages back. I'm such a dick when it comes to spoliers. :)

have fun everyone, I'll see you all on the other side!

It really does offer you the complete choice experience on how to tackle situations.

I could have blasted the fuck out of a room full of baddies, but I savored sneaking past the lot of them and making my way out after learning the patterns. The cover system is absolutely perfect, and changing this to toggle makes keyboard and mouse a total pleasure with no fuck ups.

It has the lot this from the off and the key gameplay mechanics are absolutely sound. I could quite happily play through the whole game with no augmentations (as i havent got any yet) it really is that good.

watching the panic as I slyly pick people off with my tranq sniper rifle is gaming gold.

Deus ex, Thief, Batman, Crysis, bladreunner, shadowrun, in a blender

that'll do

This totally snuck up on me. Need to get my shit together and get it pre-ordered.

Is there any bonus content or anything I should know about? :blush:

There's an extra mission + some other gubbins if you pre-order and the Augmented Edition comes with the usual making of DVD, art book and some extra in game stuff - That's it I think!

Hey chaps, GameStop are selling the standard edition of this on both PS3 and 360 for £20.97. It's most likely a mistake that'll be corrected soon, so take your shot.

This works out well for me as I don't really want the temptation of the in-game bonuses.

There's an extra mission + some other gubbins if you pre-order and the Augmented Edition comes with another extra mission.

That's it I think!

If this is the case it's mildly annoying as when I pre-ordered from Steam the only thing it said Augmented had extra was useless shit like art book/making of video/soundtrack. Not sure 1 extra mission would have changed my decision anyway but still would have been nice if it advertised the difference properly.

The Steam description for Augmented Edition extras is:

Free, giftable copy of Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition to play right now. (The game will be giftable if you already own the game)

Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team

Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation

Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann

E3 Trailer and animated storyboard

Hey chaps, GameStop are selling the standard edition of this on both PS3 and 360 for £20.97. It's most likely a mistake that'll be corrected soon, so take your shot.

This works out well for me as I don't really want the temptation of the in-game bonuses.

They tweeted that it's a special offer which ends at 4pm. Phew, just got in there in time.

How is the Steam version superior to a physical copy? Surely if you pre-order they're the same (TF2 items aside which, for many such as myself, means nothing to me).

I'm almost tempted to go via Shopto (download), but they've been rubbish for me in the past - and they're shipping physical copies now but not the codes? Hmm.

Here's Gamespot on the original Deus Ex

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/deusex/index.html

:lol: