IGNORED

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Windowlicker

This is good. Really, really good. I'm going for the stealth approach, and unlike many competing titles I'm quite happy to squat in the rafters for unhealthy amounts of time waiting for the perfect time to strike. Like Batman, but with big metal arms.

Ah well, back to Xenoblade for a few more nights

You have something tremendous to look forward to.

Edit: So after about five minutes of watching an enemy group's pattern for potential weaknesses and preparing to unleash vengeance upon them, I spot a vent behind a box and scurry down it instead. I fucking rock.

Right, so installing this now. I got the Augmented Edition. How game breaking, if at all, are the bonus items? Particularly the "Automatic Unlocking Device" which in the words of Barry from RE, sounds "really powerful".

I'm pretty sure you can obtain those through the game anyway..

It depends on your mindset, personally I hate the idea of starting the game with better equipment than designed.

MAN UP AND DO IT PROPERLY.

This is good. Really, really good. I'm going for the stealth approach, and unlike many competing titles I'm quite happy to squat in the rafters for unhealthy amounts of time waiting for the perfect time to strike. Like Batman, but with big metal arms.

You have something tremendous to look forward to.

Edit: So after about five minutes of watching an enemy group's pattern for potential weaknesses and preparing to unleash vengeance upon them, I spot a vent behind a box and scurry down it instead. I fucking rock.

Ah I love the finding a vent thing - I always found vents AFTER clearing a room though :lol: (or in the case of some of the early bits, an entire rafters section or something similar that lets you avoid things completely! ace)

Dood's protip for ninjas: use the cardboard boxes dotted about to create a bit of noise and distract/lure guards :)

If a guard is aware anything is out of the ordinary i've failed. only time they should be not patrolling is when i'm punching them in the chops. :D

Punching? Pssh, go Ghost or go home!

Well, I'm going to see how far I can get, anyway. I know I can do the first mission slipping past everyone as I played through that in the leak, but I don't know how viable a strategy it'll be after that.

Was yours a downloadable version?

Regardless it says that the Augemented edition is released tomorrow, so can't complain (until tomorrow at least) ;)

Also the "Cancelling side quests when moving the story forward" may well be a smart design choice - it's just easier to do it that way.

Did you order the download one from shopto?

I put my code into steam and it worked fine and pre-loaded, just gotta wait for the release date now.....

I was wondering why the forum wasn't buzzing with people talking about this game and how they did something awesome to some dude's face. I totally forgot most people don't have it yet.

Also, I can't leave anyone walking around behind me. It'd be easier to ghost past them, but they're all walking around with possessions of mine in their pockets.

Did you order the download one from shopto?

I put my code into steam and it worked fine and pre-loaded, just gotta wait for the release date now.....

Yeah no code has appeared yet. Don't overly care yet as obv can't play it till Friday and I'm also on Xenoblade :D

I'll most likely play it all Friday mind :)

Quick question about the first mission after the opening credits, mainly because I'm curious...

I spent a stupid amount of time wandering around the office, talking to employees who were all, "Wow, Jenson! You're back!" and "Wow, Jenson! Lookin' good!", so much so that the boss got pissed off at me for "strolling around the office", and said that the hostage situation had just got a whole lot worse because of it. So I arrive, and it turns out all the hostages are dead.

Please tell it's because I couldn't be bothered to get a move on. :D If you act quicker, are the hostages alive when you get there?

I'm pretty sure you can obtain those through the game anyway..

It depends on your mindset, personally I hate the idea of starting the game with better equipment than designed.

MAN UP AND DO IT PROPERLY.

I MANNED UP. Didn't bother installing them. I only really wanted the augmented edition for the bonus disc and the art book anyway.

If a guard is aware anything is out of the ordinary i've failed. only time they should be not patrolling is when i'm punching them in the chops. :D

It's a real shame you can't mess with them properly. So they have a patrol route to and from their desk; why not leave a little note for them, or move their cup. Perhaps put the chair up on the desk?!

Note ideas - "Hi there! I can see you...turn over - Look up" (Jump down onto their face BAM).

/What's under the desk? (either a mine/IED or you - they look down there and you smack em in the face!)

Why not the scream method? A stealth option could involve finding out telephone numbers...as they sit at their desk phone them up and start talking to them.

Hey at a simple level you could even use a land phone to move them back to their desk...

So many possibilities!

The pre-credits bit really underwhelmed me, having never played Deus Ex I was like 'is this it?' Then I started the first proper mission and got the ghost achievement and was all OMG. I am of course going stealth and I can tell this is my sort of game to a tee. I already want to try going through the levels on a different path.

I'm toying whether to turn the gold outline off or not. Ive already turned off the mission objective but I think the gold outlines might highlight the different paths too much.

Having worked out that this should run really well on the new laptop I've got coming (considering my current system can only barely run stuff like Civ IV, this still blows my mind a bit) I'm holding off and getting the PC version to christen it. Can't wait, the original is one of my favourite games ever.

The funny thing is I only played the PC version of the original many years later. I played (and fell in love with) the PS2 version originally - which was actually surprisingly decent. Main difference being that the areas were smaller, and chopped up with loading screens, and it was in some ways a lot more accessible.

Quick question about the first mission after the opening credits, mainly because I'm curious...

I spent a stupid amount of time wandering around the office, talking to employees who were all, "Wow, Jenson! You're back!" and "Wow, Jenson! Lookin' good!", so much so that the boss got pissed off at me for "strolling around the office", and said that the hostage situation had just got a whole lot worse because of it. So I arrive, and it turns out all the hostages are dead.

Please tell it's because I couldn't be bothered to get a move on. :D If you act quicker, are the hostages alive when you get there?

yes

Punching? Pssh, go Ghost or go home!

Well, I'm going to see how far I can get, anyway. I know I can do the first mission slipping past everyone as I played through that in the leak, but I don't know how viable a strategy it'll be after that.

Mans need to be punched, only punched as that gives the most xp per goon. also all alleys must be explored to for the traveller bonus. All doors must be hacked even if i have the codes, same goes for emails including my own.

I'm toying whether to turn the gold outline off or not. Ive already turned off the mission objective but I think the gold outlines might highlight the different paths too much.

Turning off the gold lines will be the very first thing i do.

Today I went into Blockbusters to preorder it for Friday.....and right before my very eyes the assistant produced a copy. My heart skipped a beat as I suddenly realised I might be able to have it early. I told her that I've been waiting years for the sequel and could I have a look at the box. She looks me in the eye and said, "If you've been waiting years you can wait until Friday", then she puts it in a bag, writes my name on it, and puts it in a draw.

*sob*

I think I fell into the same trap because I was too busy talking to everyone and investigating every nook and cranny. I just can't help it in games like this, I have an overwhelming OCD to talk to everyone and read every ebook and newspaper and access every email.

I can't just sneak through an area without engaging either, I have to take down every bad guy (non lethally of course) and then disappear. I like to think that later on an employee or policeman will wander onto the scene and think 'what the fuck happened here?'

Awesome game so far.

On the first mission after the credits, pretty early on, the guy talking to you in your ear tells you that:

You can go through the employee door or find your way onto the roof if you don't like the direct approach.

So...

WTF is the way to the roof? I could only sneak past the guards and go inside the employee door. I must have missed a way up but couldn't find it!

On the first mission after the credits, pretty early on, the guy talking to you in your ear tells you that:

You can go through the employee door or find your way onto the roof if you don't like the direct approach.

So...

WTF is the way to the roof? I could only sneak past the guards and go inside the employee door. I must have missed a way up but couldn't find it!

You need to move a crate near the forklift and hop up onto one of the containers. There's some planks and a ladder that lead to the roof, also how I got the Ghost achievement.

Can someone tell me - does the game reach the levels of awesome hinted at in the trailer? :)

Yes. I'm one mission in, but yes.

The gold outlines really aren't that big of a deal. There not as obnoxious as the screenshots made them look and most items dont light up unless you get close to them. I was going to turn them off but I realized why? So I could run around the environment mashing X on every single thing? For some old school sense of pride? No thanks. I'd rather not miss out on important content.