IGNORED

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Windowlicker

Now you know where it is you have 3 options.

Option a) Social - return to the store tomorrow and use your natural charm and sophistication to have that assistant eating out the palm of your hand to the point where she gives you the game, some discount vouchers and a big bag of Maltesers to enjoy whilst playing.

Option b) Stealth - Create a distraction by getting an accomplice to knock over the big bin of pre-owned summer sale DVDs that is invariably placed outside the shop to entice people within. Whilst the assistant is picking up the boxes outside, you can shuffle along an air vent,Hack the security camera, crack the safe and be off with your goods, leaving payment in cash on the desk will naturally make any possible alarms less likely.

Option c) Action - Walk up to the desk first thing in the morning as the store opens and get down on your knees and beg and plead. Cry like a toddler and throw a hairy fit if you aren't getting your way. :D

It was a cruel thing she did. My copy....after all these years....was right there, just a couple of feet away. I could have grabbed it and ran out the door shouting, "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE", and be playing the game right now.

Gonna try this tactic on her tomorrow:

2005_07_21_shrek_cat.jpg

And if that doesn't work then I'm gonna call her a heartless lesbian and walk out of there with my head held high........until I'm out of her line of sight when I'll crumple to the pavement crying uncontrollably.

Right or hack the back door....and if all else fails theres the tornado....but that would be a bit messy.

You've got three viable options now Karzee.

Personally I'd avoid the more public method of the tornado given the recent harsh sentences for rioters.

Did everyone solve who was stealing the No-Proz in Sarif's offices when you first come back to work, took a bit of exploring/reading of mails but all was sorted in the end? Just not sure how to report it if you can at all...anyone..? You get extra xp anyway from exploring...

And my god it's good isn't it? :)

Did everyone solve who was stealing the No-Proz in Sarif's offices when you first come back to work, took a bit of exploring/reading of mails but all was sorted in the end? Just not sure how to report it if you can at all...anyone..? You get extra xp anyway from exploring...

And my god it's good isn't it? :)

i believe it turns into a mission...if you didnt already do it.

And yes its fucking good. The options are heart-stopping. The first mission took me 3 hours, just because I wanted to stealth it, but then go back and steal things and explore things and hack things. ITZ INSANE

Does anyone have any clarification on the "Foxiest of Hounds" cheevo. Im assuming its self explanatory but some people are saying it's not just camera alarms, its people, turrets, and failing hacking. What say you?

I interpreted it as not letting an alarm come on either by camera, or a failed hacking, or an alerted guard turning on alarm.

It was a cruel thing she did. My copy....after all these years....was right there, just a couple of feet away. I could have grabbed it and ran out the door shouting, "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE", and be playing the game right now.

Gonna try this tactic on her tomorrow:

2005_07_21_shrek_cat.jpg

And if that doesn't work then I'm gonna call her a heartless lesbian and walk out of there with my head held high........until I'm out of her line of sight when I'll crumple to the pavement crying uncontrollably.

Hint: get some augmentations before you head in again.

GameStop Fail Story

According to a picture obtained by GameSpy from a GameStop employee, those working at GameStop retail locations have been instructed by corporate management to open any and all copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and remove the OnLive coupons included with the disc for a free digital copy. Yes, GameStop is actually opening new copies of games, removing content provided to you by the publisher as a bonus for your purchase, and then selling that copy as new. New. As in fresh, or unopened, or unused. NEW

1868929-deus_ex_letter_4e552a1_intro_super.jpg

I like that, developers telling shops personally about mature content. If this isn't enough proof to show the Politically Correctness Brigade, then I don't know what is. :)

So the game is rather good?

Your hostages may have a problem then.

Yeah was surprised to see actions having such an effect early on... Suppose we are so used to other games telling us to hurry to the next checkpoint but then allowing us to explore at our leisure without penalty!

Spent a good 4 hours on this last night and still not finished the first mission... Its everything I'd hoped for and more.

Loving the attention to detail as well, Anyone else get the achievement in the very first area

Old Time Gamer (atleast I think that's what it's called) You get it for examining all selectable items in the first office..the description raised a smile "Point and click much?"

Taking your time to start the mission actually changes part of it.

Yeah I know, someone started bitching at me over the radio while I was mucking about in a vent. I've done the first few hours before as part of the prerelease but never triggered that dialogue, so I guessed I'd arrive at the scene to find something amiss. Stupid hostages getting in the way. I normally play games as a good guy but I'm feeling the urge to be a total dick in this one for some reason.

Yeah was surprised to see actions having such an effect early on... Suppose we are so used to other games telling us to hurry to the next checkpoint but then allowing us to explore at our leisure without penalty!

Spent a good 4 hours on this last night and still not finished the first mission... Its everything I'd hoped for and more.

Loving the attention to detail as well, Anyone else get the achievement in the very first area

Old Time Gamer (atleast I think that's what it's called) You get it for examining all selectable items in the first office..the description raised a smile "Point and click much?"

I didn't experience it after that though (and I did take my time exploring a lot without doing anything), so I don't know if it's something that happens or if it was just for that one time.

Yeah I know, someone started bitching at me over the radio while I was mucking about in a vent. I've done the first few hours before as part of the prerelease but never triggered that dialogue, so I guessed I'd arrive at the scene to find something amiss. Stupid hostages getting in the way. I normally play games as a good guy but I'm feeling the urge to be a total dick in this one for some reason.

That's your boss. :D

Meerman you will enjoy it.

Never played a Deus Ex game in my life and I am aware that the games are top quality, but have no idea what it's about.

Maybe it's about time I find out and add it to my list.

I've only just got into work and already I want to go home and play more of this. :wub:

Me too, it's going to be a long day...

I got a fair way into the first proper mission and pretty much just sneaked around everyone. I picked the tranquiliser gun but couldn't find that many situations where I thought it would be useful, since I nearly always felt that another guard would be alerted before I could hide the body. The stealth did seem a bit unrealistic in places though, like small rooms where two guards would be rooted to the spot and you could just potter around the room behind them for five minutes reading newspapers or e-mails.

Still, I can't wait to play it again :wub: