IGNORED

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Windowlicker

You know, I've been going for a non-lethal run and was after the pacifist achievement into the bargain - only problem is that some joker's apparently been poisoning my tranquillizer darts as they've killed some of my targets. Only just noticed it ten hours in and I don't fancy restarting.

A bit irritating, especially as I've spent a lot of time ignoring fun slaughterfests along the way.

+1 guys, cheers.

I fucking knew that would be the case, but they've been incredibly vague with the advertising. In fact, if anything they've made it half sound like they were pre-order exclusive.

Hmm, I wonder how many mods I can slap on my sniper rifle this time? :D

But yeah, it's a shame even those who do preorder will only get one of the two potential missions (unless they go all out for the expensive collectors ed).

Month 1 dlc no doubt, but y'know.....

Guess it's just extra incentive for a second play through....like we need it. :)

Shopto Update. I was lazy and mis-used their contact centre to put in a "General" enquiry - and they got straight back to me.

Shopto code should be in my account by 10 o clock today/tonight. I'll bang it on an overnight download then.

Just a note: saw an ad today for this - Sainsbury's are selling it at certain stores for £34. Tesco are selling it for £30 with a pre-order for another game.

Does any know if there's a stats screen anywhere where you can see stuff like shots fired, enemies knocked out and the like?

Also: (short stealth sequence with no real story follows)

Oof, that's pretty bad.

So has everyone been sneaking wherever possible? :ph34r:

I know there are certain 'forced' fire-fights (which can still be avoided if you're clever), but i'm wondering if anyone has gone the opposite and done a full on Rambo/Assault type approach?

I'm tempted to try it on my second run - lay all the Augs on Armour etc. and go completely mental! :D

Re the Explosive Mission Pack, the slip says you get the Automatic Unlocking Device as loot throughout the game. The extra mission becomes available from a character in Hengsha and you get the grenade launcher on completion of the bonus mission. You get about 8 remote-deonated Explosive Devices at the beginning of the first proper mission but I haven't used them since I'm going for stealth. They've handled it about as well as could be expected to be honest, there's certainly nothing game-breaking in there, and if you don't like the weapons they give you then you could always just dump them out of your inventory.

I know there are certain 'forced' fire-fights (which can still be avoided if you're clever), but i'm wondering if anyone has gone the opposite and done a full on Rambo/Assault type approach?

I'm tempted to try it on my second run - lay all the Augs on Armour etc. and go completely mental! :D

A Rambo assault seems to me like it would be a much harder option than playing stealth, at least til you upgraded. You die in about 1-2 seconds of getting shot at in this (on medium)

There are no forced firefights after the invisibility aug. ;) (bosses excluded :()

I've heard this is buggy. Whether there should be a 'quite' on there, i'm not sure.

That's the worst I've seen so far, but there've been some pretty weird things happening from time to time. You can't knock out sitting enemies from behind, so at one point I snuck around to his side to find him calmly watching me do so. Kinda breaks the suspension of disbelief. Also, that tranq-rifle shot killing one of my enemies probably means it's happened in the past and screwed me for the pacifist achievement.

Cracking game, just got some of those notorious open world bugs in it.

That's the worst I've seen so far, but there've been some pretty weird things happening from time to time. You can't knock out sitting enemies from behind, so at one point I snuck around to his side to find him calmly watching me do so. Kinda breaks the suspension of disbelief.

Cracking game, just got some of those open world bugs in it.

I think it's gonna be pretty glaring in a stealth game, where the behaviour of enemies is particularly important.

Pretty disappointing, hope it's not too frequent. Probs needed more time for debugging.

You really, really can't go wrong with pouring a couple of points into both Hacking Capture and Hacking Stealth early on in the game. Along with a load of ammo and weaponry, I've found two praxis kits in areas behind high-security hack points. Left the Detroit hub with Capture at level 5, with no regrets.

There should be a roulette mode; where it chooses for you randomly. Then you've got to play how your cards have been dealt...

I might even do this with dice :P

Re the Explosive Mission Pack, the slip says you get the Automatic Unlocking Device as loot throughout the game. The extra mission becomes available from a character in Hengsha and you get the grenade launcher on completion of the bonus mission. You get about 8 remote-deonated Explosive Devices at the beginning of the first proper mission but I haven't used them since I'm going for stealth. They've handled it about as well as could be expected to be honest, there's certainly nothing game-breaking in there, and if you don't like the weapons they give you then you could always just dump them out of your inventory.

exactly. I guess ill reach my mission soon enough. I got to Hengsha this morning.

I think it's gonna be pretty glaring in a stealth game, where the behaviour of enemies is particularly important.

Pretty disappointing, hope it's not too frequent. Probs needed more time for debugging.

It IS glaring when it happens, to be fair. It wasn't noticeable in the infiltration mission, but in the open world section it's popped up a few times.

Been playing this early on Steam through bit of USA IP trickery. It's as good as expected, with a nice little graphical bump since the "preview" copy a few months back (though I think this is mainly due to the fact DX11 works in this build). Hell of a game :wub:

Side note (be warned, PC tech talk incoming);

There is definite mouse lag issues in the PC version, but I managed to solve it for the most part by messing around with the following settings;

- Turning down the "maximum pre-rendered frames" setting in nVidia control panel a notch or two

- Turning off v-sync and triple buffering in the game, and also in nVidia control panel (after some experimenting, I turned v-sync back on, but only in the nvidia settings and it was still fine, but your mileage may vary)

- Finally, definitely be sure up the in-game FOV in the options/gameplay settings. "85" works really nicely in 16:9 and for some reason drastically reduces the mouse lag. No idea why

Other peeps say turning off SSAO helps, but I'm running with it on, and all the above settings and everything else maxed out, at solid 60 frames with decent mouse responsiveness.

Oof, that's pretty bad.

Curious - don't know if you saw the reason for it, but the game was highlighting them with the green crosshair: as friendlies. Can't remember what part of the game that was from (well, I know it was the opening hub, but I can't remember the mission) - I'm assuming they /were/ meant to be aware that Kayin was an enemy at that point, but it's possible it was a section where they weren't - there are a few bits where you're tasked with eliminating people who don't know you're after them initially. Doubt it, and don't remember any such missions taking place in apartments, but just saying (whatever the case, it's not as if their line of sight was failing - it was a glitch of player status if anything. Which, er, would still be rubbish, but at least you could tell from a distance).