IGNORED

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Windowlicker

Curious - don't know if you saw the reason for it, but the game was highlighting them with the green crosshair: as friendlies. Can't remember what part of the game that was from (well, I know it was the opening hub, but I can't remember the mission) - I'm assuming they /were/ meant to be aware that Kayin was an enemy at that point, but it's possible it was a section where they weren't - there are a few bits where you're tasked with eliminating people who don't know you're after them initially. Doubt it, and don't remember any such missions taking place in apartments, but just saying (whatever the case, it's not as if their line of sight was failing - it was a glitch of player status if anything. Which, er, would still be rubbish, but at least you could tell from a distance).

Well, the dudes outside told me to step off or get hurt - those guys should've been on me with at least a warning as soon as I was in sight. I reloaded that sequence several times, and their attack triggers were different every time. Jumping or turning the TV would cause them to attack right away.

Good spot with the green crosshair - but those guys should've been on me right away.

It's a prequel, so you'll miss some of the foreshadowing and fanservice, but if anything I think going in blind might be best - that way you have no preconceptions about how things will end up, come the end!

That said, for anyone who has played the original in particular, when you do finish the game don't skip the credits. That is all.

Oh, I know, it doesn't spoil the plot of the game at all, but I would love to be able to play through HR, then DE for the first time in order to see how things had developed in the twenty or so years.

Anyone who's still unsure - if you like Blade Runner, get it. If you remember Shadowrun on the SNES and thought at the time it seemed like an amazing atmosphere and setting for a game and that it should have been loved by more people, get it.

Within an hour or so I just thought "this is a mix of BR and SR" it just seemed that obvious to me. I like it.

I've played for about 4 or 5 hours but haven't got very far at all. I feel like I'm a bit stuck at the moment and maybe the one downside for some people will be the fact that there is no clear path to achieve your goals. I like that freedom but it can be a little overwhelming too. I have absolutely no idea how to get out of the bind I'm in at the moment, basically stuck in a building full of people that I can't avoid without the means to get past them. However, I'm enjoying trying to find a way.

I loved Shadowrun on the SNES one of the best unplayed on the system.

The Shadowrun comparisons were inevitable. For a moment while playing Deus Ex 3 I thought it was Seattle instead of Detroit, wondered why and then went 'Ohhhhhhh, that's right...'

I completed Shadowrun just a few months ago, actually. It's aged a fair bit but there was nothing else like it at the time - one of my best Snes memories for sure.

I've read somewhere this is a prequel.

Should i buy this and then buy an older PC to play the first two games?

Buy it, then play the original on your new computer (assuming it's not a laptop, the worst you might have to do is force it to use only a single core, and even that might not be an issue) afterwards if you enjoyed the universe. The second game is the weakest of the lot, but has its followers.

So, the first boss fight. I've been playing with only the tranq rifle and stun gun and have no normal weapons. What am I supposed to do? Fucking bosses.

I was in exactly the same position, on hard difficulty. The way I solved it was this:

Throwing explosive barrels at him. That's it! There are a few around the arena, and enough direct hits will kill him. If you're having difficulty hitting him, the stun gun will, er, stun him for a while, enabling you to throw them at him without the risk of him shooting them while you carry them. Worth noting I had the strength aug, so I don't know if it's a viable strategy without it.

Distressingly, there are another two annoying bosses to sit through (and one less annoying one) over the course of the game, depending on your augs. I recommend upping your inventory so that you can have at least one offensive weapon, purely for those occasions - and upgrade it if you can. By far the worst thing in the game (though Kayin's glitches come close).

So, the first boss fight. I've been playing with only the tranq rifle and stun gun and have no normal weapons. What am I supposed to do? Fucking bosses.

i used stun gun emp grenades, and weapons lying around. as the battle continues he gets really grenade spammy so watch out for that.