Lorfarius

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

10xTacticals = 170

5xTacticals = 90

Rhino = 35

5 x Assault Squad = 100

5 x Scouts = 75

= 470

Can up that if you wanted to by pimping out the Sarge's with Power Fists and the like.

There's some sort of new Planetary Strikes game being released for 40K which involves mini tiles to have battles before a match but I cant find it on the main GW site. Anyone know when its out?

Planetary Empires is what you're referring too as far as I know it's already out. Plus it works with Mighty Empires, it's mainly something to help with campaigns.

Been a fair old while since I hunkered down with 40k (talking like '98 or so), so forgive me if I'm completely out of date, but I'd say there's room in a force like that for a Captain, a Librarian, maybe some Scouts and a Dreadnought? The last two aren't going to make your wallet smile any, admittedly, but the first two should be able to soak up some substantial points without costing a bunch right?

EDIT: *replying to Sweet, sorry.

Scouts are plastic now so they're not nearly as expensive, personally I wouldn't leave home without a 5-man sniper team in my SM army.

Remember you'll probably want to add special weapons to your Tacticals, which whilst not expensive singly do add up.

I live 20 minutes away from cambridge!

IMG_0304.jpg

Have'nt done much more to the dread but its a little closer along.

Ooh! Where's the store you work at then? I'm always on the look out for other places of interest :(

Dread's looking mighty fine - can't wait to see more work on it.

Been a fair old while since I hunkered down with 40k (talking like '98 or so), so forgive me if I'm completely out of date, but I'd say there's room in a force like that for a Captain, a Librarian, maybe some Scouts and a Dreadnought? The last two aren't going to make your wallet smile any, admittedly, but the first two should be able to soak up some substantial points without costing a bunch right?

You are better off with some form of tank than a Dreadnought. They just tend to soak up shots in game and end up in shards.

I recall Predators.. they were the ones with a big turretted Lascannon right? And that big bastard.. what was it, a Land Raider? Are both these used in modern 40k?

I recall Predators.. they were the ones with a big turretted Lascannon right? And that big bastard.. what was it, a Land Raider? Are both these used in modern 40k?

Indeed but they have been souped up a bit with much more powerful versions available.

Ooh! Where's the store you work at then? I'm always on the look out for other places of interest ;)

Saffron Walden south of Cambridge, theres even a painting competition on this summer as well.

You are better off with some form of tank than a Dreadnought. They just tend to soak up shots in game and end up in shards.

A deep striking drop pod is probably the way forward, otherwise agreed - they'll get shot to shit.

Alternatively run a unit that's designated to keep the enemies anti-dreadnought unit busy. Infiltrating scouts, fast vehicles such as a land speeder or bike squad with heavy bolter for infantry or multi-melta for tank.

This has just opened near me - www.wargamestore.com

Apparently the largest independent GW retailer. It's certainly larger and cheaper than my local GW (Liverpool). Wallet will cry!

that looks pretty nice. Close to me too. Shame it doesn't open late one evening.

Here are a couple of lotr miniatures I found in my box that I've painted this week. Next up are Shagrat and Gorbad.

post-1047-1249673668.jpg

post-1047-1249673680.jpg

Those look great must have put a lot of effort into them.

Thanks. I'm really enjoying my painting at the moment so it doesn't feel like much effort at all.

lving the tom bombadil

wouldnt mind getting him myself as I love the character

how much are they?

still cant get the hang of blending either

It's £11.75 for Bombadil and Goldberry as annoyingly a lot of the lotr characters cannot be purchased individually. I collected most of mine through the excellent battle games in middle earth magazine from a few years back

I used to get that lol

have noticed a couple of pics of guys taking molds of their own minis

not that I would engage in such illegal activities but I would be interested to learn how they do it any links?

Here are some of my latest bits and bobs, apologies for the poor pic quality. Got really shaky hands today and a poor camera for sharp focus mini pics:

pict0082p.jpg

pict0083yby.jpg

pict0084g.jpg

pict0087ptj.jpg

pict0089oxq.jpg

pict0092kee.jpg

pict0098f.jpg

They are pretty expensive shit, actually. I spent $400 worth on it as a hobby and didn't get much happiness out of it. :lol:

Thats because you are looking for happiness in all the wrong places.... lol

I personally dont play the game as much as I would like (though am taking steps to change that fact) but I get a sense of achievement out of doing a nice paintjob

I used to get that lol

have noticed a couple of pics of guys taking molds of their own minis

not that I would engage in such illegal activities but I would be interested to learn how they do it any links?

Here's some You tube vids from someone who has made some...

Far too much effort for me though!

Started work on a new little project. It's one of those Eldar warlock/hero (not sure exactly :) ). His pose is great (well, aside from the slightly 'RAWK' hand gesture, but there we go), and I thought it'd be nice to have him on some sort of pedestal - which in this case is an eldar ruin (or at least my version of it!).

It's a little bit different this project, simply because I need to do almost all the base-work before starting the figure (or at least fixing the figure onto the base). It's only until I get the base-work to a certain point that decides whether I do the water on it, or go for something else. I'm still in two minds...Whilst I really want to use the resin, I need to be sure it'll work with the figure! That, and I'm an incredible wuss when it comes to this sort of thing, and might chicken out :hug:

Anyhoo, here we go:

EldarWIP3.jpg

Ooh, big news folks...The German Golden Demon's just been, and whilst there was no specific mention aside from the teaser adverts, they have confirmed that Space Hulk is returning!

In fact, popping over to the German GD website HERE and you'll get to see it, along with some rather spiffy new models!

Fan-bloody-tastic!