IGNORED

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

Yeah that's a really nice looking model.

I'm alternating between lots of different projects at the moment. Hopefully I can finish a few off before the 40k box comes out.

The closest to completion is my elf army with two characters and two warbands done so far.

7839498588_c490e6fa02.jpg

Everytime you post something up Cocky, you better yourself! Can't be bad. Myself, I'm trying to get up to where I was a few years back.

However, I'm pleased how the Beastman Shaman came up - bloody right ball-ache putting it together though. Not that the parts don't fit brilliantly - they do! However, I don't really like painting bits in pieces unless I can't absolutely help it, and in this case, it's impossible to do it any other way. Which can cause repainting and other stuff as you attach all your stuff together. And then you forget about the glue not being fully dry and rip off the sodding cape. However, I got there in the end...

BEASTMANmontsmall.jpg

Currently mulling over a pre-heresy/heresy World Eaters (Khorne) and Thousand Sons (Tzeentch) army - hopefully there'll will be some new plastic models for the latter. It'll all depend on the new CSM Codex of course and what's in the new ForgeWorld Horus Heresy book.

Currently mulling over a pre-heresy/heresy World Eaters (Khorne) and Thousand Sons (Tzeentch) army - hopefully there'll will be some new plastic models for the latter. It'll all depend on the new CSM Codex of course and what's in the new ForgeWorld Horus Heresy book.

The new Horus Heresy book ihas got me very very excited. If I can for e myself over the queue, I'll be picking one up at Games Day this year! Or...I'll be asking someone in the queue to get one for me!

I have my copy of dark vengeance and my first impressions are very, very good. You really need to see them in the bare plastic to appreciate the level of detail that's crammed on to each model. I just hope my eyesight is up to the task when I paint them.

There was a rumour that the hobbit range was going to be plastic only and I had really hoped it was true. I'd happily have plastic only these days such is the quality. The only downside is the slightly angular look that seems to come from the cad process. Especially since I'm still not sold on finecast.

Speaking of the hobbit an image of Thandruil was released this week and my first thought was how the heck am I going to paint his rather fancy dress... :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the stills, Rogue Soul - this release just looks amazing. I almost wish I was going to Games Day next weekend just so that I could bankrupt myself.

I wouldn't worry about that - I'm going and I have severe doubts I'll get a copy. I think they'll sell an absolute bundle of the things.

Love it! The colour of the axe is really nice. What paints did you use?

It was a Vallejo Model Colour paint - Dark Sea Blue - which was the base. Just then washed it with a thinned black and then just with adding a lighter blue and some white (well, slightly off white really) gently highlighting the raised bits. Thin, thin paint and a fair few layers to get the effect.

That Dark Sea Blue - really it's just a mix of blue and black (maybe with a small bit of green in) as far as I can see. Had the pot for years and never used it before :P

Quite. As nice as a full-colour leather bound book may be, £70 is steep. I'm disappointed with FW for cashing-in this way.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/UK_Games_Day_2012.htm

I think I'll just skip the book for now (I'm sure a *cough* pdf will turn up at some point to fill the gap). Instead I'll be saving my money for some 'Cataphract-pattern Terminators' - as I bet they'll be in the £40-50 bracket. :(

Quite. As nice as a full-colour leather bound book may be, £70 is steep. I'm disappointed with FW for cashing-in this way.

http://www.forgeworl...es_Day_2012.htm

I think I'll just skip the book for now (I'm sure a *cough* pdf will turn up at some point to fill the gap). Instead I'll be saving my money for some 'Cataphract-pattern Terminators' - as I bet they'll be in the £40-50 bracket. :(

I could accept it being that price if it was some sort of 'niche' publication which probably wouldn't have that many people picking it up, but when it's something as popular as Horus Heresy stuff, I've have liked to think that they could have knocked the price down a bit.

Hey ho!

I think I'll stick to the primarch models only. I'll still need a second job to afford them but at least I'll still have both of my kidneys.

Whilst I'm here does anyone have any tips for photographing models with lots of metallic paints on them? I'm doing a warband of men of minas tirith in true metallic style for a competition and the photos either have too much reflection or are too dark.