IGNORED

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

I have a friend overseas asking me to get him a copy of 'Warhammer visions issue 1' , anyone know of the best places to look - Games workshop and eBay haven't been too successful.

There's an auction on the US ebay for issues 1-3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Games-workshop-warhammer-visions-magazine-1-3-/251572722984?pt=Games_US&hash=item3a92e71d28

And I've done another model for my personal collection:

Bofur+1.jpg

Bofur+2.jpg

I have a friend overseas asking me to get him a copy of 'Warhammer visions issue 1' , anyone know of the best places to look - Games workshop and eBay haven't been too successful.

Tell him it's shit and not to bother.

Got a copy here which I don't want, PM me your addy and I'll bung it in the post mate

Cheers guys, I've noticed the dodgy reviews but I think he wants it from a collectors point of view.

Got a copy here which I don't want, PM me your addy and I'll bung it in the post mate

Thanks , really appreciated. PM'd.

• 3 weeks later...

They haven't been full time there for a while. The end of an era perhaps, but not the end of great minis. GW have other, equally talented sculptors, and the Perrys can focus on their own company. It's win freakin' win, baby!

The end of an era perhaps, but not the end of great minis.

Nah, great minis from GW finished ages ago. GW jumped the shark in terms of aesthetic and pricing ages ago.

The end of an era perhaps, but not the end of great minis.

Nah, great minis from GW finished ages ago. GW jumped the shark in terms of aesthetic and pricing ages ago.

• 2 weeks later...

That's lovely mate. One thing I'd think of doing on the base is bringing in just one bright colour - maybe a small flower or something. It'd just bring the thing even more to life - a little spot of beauty if you like!

Easiest ones to find would probably be Gale Force 9 or Army painter stuff really. I'd suggest elsewhere, but you live in the US don't you so I guess price of shipping across would be too much really. Basically, there's quite a lot of 'flower tufts' out there which would work really nicely I think. Sometimes you might not find quite the right colour, but you can paint over the 'blobs' to do what you want. It's a little bit of trial and error, but I do think it's worth experimenting a little.

Added to that - pick up a pack of pastels and shave 'em to get weathering power. You'll be amazed at how really obscenely bright colours will work and - whilst most definitely not realistic - really work brilliantly on base work. Just make sure you dab on some pigment fixer unless you want it all to rub off ;)

I'll have a look around the online stores here or I could always import it from UK places that offer free worldwide shipping next time I have a large order. I will give the pastel pigments a go. I think I really need to start with brighter colours before I start applying the earth pigments and washes.

• 1 month later...

FYI, if you missed Space Hulk 3rd edition in 2009, GW are expected to announce a limited re-release at the weekend (actual release date to be determined, but probably a week on Saturday). it'll have a few extra tiles and some new missions but other than that it'll be the same as the 2009 edition.

I believe it's bigger. The guy at my FLGS last friday told me about it, and said he was getting a bigger delivery than with the last one, also it sounds like it will probably be cheaper too (at least in Australia).

I loved the first Space Hulk, but I just don't have time for another system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm painting the new putrid blightkings to sell on ebay. They're a bit pricey and the the kit isn't as modular as the number of components would suggest. On a positive note they're some of the best looking models gw have put out for some time.

PBK%2B1.jpg

They're easy to build if you follow the instructions. But as I said this isn't modular like say a space marine kit; there are multiple head and weapon options but they will fit only a specific torso. It's the trade off for having less static looking poses.