IGNORED

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

One is the 95 Warden box, the other is a standard Errant / paladin box? basically you get the following weapons

2 chainsaws,

2 battle cannons

1 fist

1 gattling cannon

cant remember if you get one or two melta cannons. probably two

then carapace weapons you get 

1 big missle pod

1 mini missile pod FRONT only, you have to magnetise the front onto the previous

and 1 twin auto cannon carapace thing

its HUGELY worth the money. 

So I wanted typhus, the character not the disease. But he’s £25 for one mini. 

I’ve just paid £28 for 5 terminators so that doesn’t seem like good value. 

So I've bought another lord of contagion off eBay for £4 and some 50mm bases. 

Using some spare bits from the termies box and some green stuff I’ve fashioned this instead. Had to replace one hand and reposition the other. Trimmed some  excess bits off and a different head. 

I’m also considering redoing the scythe as it looks a bit long - I just used the sections in the lengths they came off the original arm set. 

I’m still playing around with the pipes on his back so they’re stuck on with blutack but think will go with 2 rows along the edges of the cape. Might shorten them too. 

What do we think? Any other ideas for the destroyer hive apart from mini green stuff pottery?

1DD7E624-548D-46F3-A279-A1D089D16420.jpeg

46DDF6EA-4959-4D91-8840-C9EDF729EB1C.jpeg

AB93810B-E1F8-47DC-B345-CF24D2E63C38.jpeg

Haven't bought a GW game in *years and years* - I think the last one I bought may have been Adeptus Titanicus about a billion years ago...  Although, technically, I have bought GW IPs through FFG, with WHQTCG and Fury of Dracula from FFG (one of my all time favourite games)

anyway... I'd heard a lot of good stuff about Shadespire so gave it a try an UKGE and really enjoyed it, so bought it along with an Orc and Skeleton team.  The push and click minis are *awesome*.  They look better than anything else I have from any other game (and put the bend plastic of Mansions of Madness to shame).  I'll probably not go anywhere near painting them for a while, but impressed.  

Started streaming at the weekend. It's a nice way to motivate myself to paint more and started making progress straight away. Still got a pile of minis that'll take 2 years to clear but hey ho.

Current little project is boxing off this one.

Bj75UMslLYj.jpg

1 hour ago, Nicky said:

link your stream so i can drop a follow on you!

Just followed you (sorry, thought I already was as you were the one who inspired me to get a webcam).

Twitch.tv/pelekophoros 

It's mainly me swearing at myself and very slowly doing edge highlighting right now. 

Right, it's time for an intervention with myself.

I got into 40K rather late in life about 10 years ago and then bought absolutely loads of stuff over the next 7 or so years, opening building and painting some of it, but most of it stayed in the boxes until later.

It's now clear that later will likely not be any time soon due to work and kids and the fact that the whole lot hasn't been touched for 4 years since the kids were born.

So, it all has to go. I have started a Google sheet with it listed here :-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rYiRIAC2e-cNd6-doZSklMMP8wbKeURyN2utc6p1nLU/edit?usp=sharing

This is not all of it by the way, and no, I don't own a shop, and yes, I realise I have/had a problem ;-)

Would there be any interest here at all? I'm not sure of prices yet but think around 35% or so off current retail at GW plus P&P. The only issue may be that I am in the Isle of Man and postage may be pricy. Might not be an issue though as I'm hoping to sell lots in one go and will probably offer bigger discounts depending on quantity bought.^_^

If there is any interest then let me know and we can talk. I can always create a thread in Trading, with prices, if required.

Cheers

17 minutes ago, hughsieman said:

Right, it's time for an intervention with myself.

I got into 40K rather late in life about 10 years ago and then bought absolutely loads of stuff over the next 7 or so years, opening building and painting some of it, but most of it stayed in the boxes until later.

It's now clear that later will likely not be any time soon due to work and kids and the fact that the whole lot hasn't been touched for 4 years since the kids were born.

So, it all has to go. I have started a Google sheet with it listed here :-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rYiRIAC2e-cNd6-doZSklMMP8wbKeURyN2utc6p1nLU/edit?usp=sharing

This is not all of it by the way, and no, I don't own a shop, and yes, I realise I have/had a problem ;-)

Would there be any interest here at all? I'm not sure of prices yet but think around 35% or so off current retail at GW plus P&P. The only issue may be that I am in the Isle of Man and postage may be pricy. Might not be an issue though as I'm hoping to sell lots in one go and will probably offer bigger discounts depending on quantity bought.^_^

If there is any interest then let me know and we can talk. I can always create a thread in Trading, with prices, if required.

Cheers

Holy shit! You're worse than me :) That's an amazing list!

Might be useful to know Battleforce it is (there are multiple, I think), and the lone Strikeforce doesn't match any listings I can match. There's one or two I'm tempted by but I'll defer to anyone else looking for an instant army ;) 

That's a lot of stuff, makes me feel better about my death guard habit. 

Talking to my mate last night made me realise buying bits piecemeal  off ebay was stupid, he's just bought the DG half of a dark imperium box for about £35, adding it up I've spent about $55 on the same stuff individually. Doh. Still cheaper than trying to get the same stuff from GW. Benefit of hindsight I guess. 

We tried another game last night. At 104 power level - which is everything I have. Turns out this was a mistake, as the leap from 40 odd in the last game meant that we had tons going on. Too much We managed two turns before it was like 11.30pm and time to go home! I think I was winning though. I minced his hellblasters and killed his vindicator and would have been in punching range for my terminators next turn.    

So we need to rein ourselves in a bit and play around 60 power next time and build up. 

Finally the Adeptus Mechanicus have a transport option! Forgeworld have made the Termite Assault Drill be a legit AdMech transport. bad news is its £75

Other additions to the AdMech line being the FW upgrade options to the Skitarii, so Titan Guards are also now 40k

I’ve somehow convinced myself I needed some more plague marines. And the big rulebook for 40k. So depending on where you buy from that would be around £40 if I got 7 of the dark imperium guys instead of the £30 box. 

So in a frankly astonishing bit of man logic I’ve managed to translate that into buying the entire ducking dark imperium box set for £80 instead. (I should have just done this in the first place.)

I’ll shift the DG characters, poxwalkers and drone on eBay and this should mean I effectively get a “free” space marine army.

so if anyone wants any deathguard stuff ping me as I'm about to have way too much. 

Oh! I also started a test paint on some Poxwalkers. Not sure what I'm going to do yet except it needs to be fast because I've got a bloody pile of them from Know No Fear and Dark Imperium. Spent maybe 40 minutes on these so far.

IMG_20180618_095658.thumb.jpg.0097ad10c97eeadd092fa523147a43b7.jpg

I need to figure out how to embed these from somewhere else rather than working around forum restrictions in this way. 

1 hour ago, Pelekophoros said:

Oh! I also started a test paint on some Poxwalkers. Not sure what I'm going to do yet except it needs to be fast because I've got a bloody pile of them from Know No Fear and Dark Imperium. Spent maybe 40 minutes on these so far.

IMG_20180618_095658.thumb.jpg.0097ad10c97eeadd092fa523147a43b7.jpg

I need to figure out how to embed these from somewhere else rather than working around forum restrictions in this way. 

i got these down to about 30 minutes a model doing them in batches using what was basically Duncan's technique 

Gray primer

Off white base coat on all skin

wash with reikland on flesh and athonian camo on horns, then wash purple and red on sore bits  

highlight with the off white again (i used pallid wych flesh)

paint clothes and weapons as normal 

I reckon you've got to either go full metal and convert the bookcase into a complete diorama so the shelves are part of the scenery or just chuck em all in a shoebox 

Are they space crusade gretchin? 

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been looking at how to do dioramas. I think that may be a future project ;)

They are indeed. Had a pile of them lying around so gave them to the boy for his army (and easy kills for my Space Wolves).

I'd completely missed the news that Orc and Wolves codex's are on the way, along with what I can only assume will be a pile of new Primaris models designed to make me leak money. Genuinely excited!