rllmuk
Lorfarius

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Last night there was a Christmas miracle. 

I scored a touchdown in Bloodbowl. Though a rare occurrence, that is not the miracle. 
The miracle is that after running out of re-rolls I managed to pick the ball up in the last square of my end, so right next to the end zone, run and go for it, successfully hand off the ball to a player who ran, went for it, made an accurate pass, which was then caught by the recipient who then ran into the opponents end zone after going for it twice. In all a sequence of 8 or 9 dice rolls all of which came off. 

The most ridiculous part is that while this would have been a great move for an elf team, this was Chaos, so all agility 3 players. It’s literally the greatest thing I’ve ever done on the game and this team is getting a good paint job as reward. 

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, And said:

Last night there was a Christmas miracle. 

I scored a touchdown in Bloodbowl. Though a rare occurrence, that is not the miracle. 
The miracle is that after running out of re-rolls I managed to pick the ball up in the last square of my end, so right next to the end zone, run and go for it, successfully hand off the ball to a player who ran, went for it, made an accurate pass, which was then caught by the recipient who then ran into the opponents end zone after going for it twice. In all a sequence of 8 or 9 dice rolls all of which came off. 

The most ridiculous part is that while this would have been a great move for an elf team, this was Chaos, so all agility 3 players. It’s literally the greatest thing I’ve ever done on the game and this team is getting a good paint job as reward. 

I know it was a much easier game, but I can remember doing almost exactly that in the first version that came with a polystyrene pitch (I think it was 2nd edition, with the 1st being all cardboard pieces, but I have this nagging feeling that was the third edition) with my Gouged Eye orcs against my brothers Chaos All Stars. He just sat and looked slightly shell shocked as I can, passed and handed the ball off the length of the pitch. I still remind him about it, 30 years later

• Upvote 2

Couple more bits...

Speed painted a Death Guard unit as best I could with standard paints. Pretty happy with the results. Around 90 minutes.

IMG_20191221_155158_290.thumb.jpg.25a85c15e627f05fa01550bc157ac436.jpg

And been doing another Space Wolf with contrast paints.this is about 45 minutes. Just a shade, a transfer and the base to go. 

IMG_20191222_145009_006.thumb.jpg.3b7007232668819ef77f70dfb35ab2ff.jpg

• Upvote 9

Properly fucked up - I would say Duncan's videos were instrumental in getting me back into the hobby when I started again 3 or 4 years.

I assume he isn't getting out of the industry altogether?

8 hours ago, And said:

Bit of a shame, peach seems like a dick too. So is there some drama or just moving on? 
@PelekophorosShould get @Cocky hired to replace him. 

I weild near unlimited power here, but that is beyond even my control.

Peachy is lovely btw (as are most people I've met so far).

14 hours ago, And said:

Bit of a shame, peach seems like a dick too. So is there some drama or just moving on? 
@PelekophorosShould get @Cocky hired to replace him. 

I don't think my preference in paint viscosity would go down well with warhammer tv fans

• Upvote 1

If anyone fancies getting into Age of Sigmar, Mortal Realms goes on sale today. My local Smiths had loads of copies of the first issue in stock, which for £2.99 comes with 10 Nighthaunt Chainrasps and 3 Stormcast Sequitors.

• Upvote 5

Tempted. Those Nighthaunt Chainrasps are £25 as a standalone set and I've wanted to start a Nighthaunt army for a while (dead easy to paint to a decent standard, amazing models). Stormcast Eternals are so not my bag though.

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

If I didn't have deliveries today I'd have gone to a newsagents. I'll just have to run the risk and leave it till tomorrow.

Ill grab you one later on dude

42 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Ill grab you one later on dude

You're a darling, but don't be daft, it costs as much to post it as buy it. Maybe more because there are more minis. I'll look tomorrow and if there isn't one we'll talk :hug:

Got 3. There were loads in WH Smith 

will pick up a few more issues  I reckon and see if the kids want to play. I’ve got a few other sigmarines from Underworlds etc. 

Got 2, onto the pile of shame they go :D. Still not painted anything other than 3 space marines from the pile of Conquest ones I picked up, will probably sell them off as I prefer fantasy models.

I got two as well.  I had no idea about this, so thanks @idespair - I probably would have missed it if you hadn't posted.

£2.99 for what you get in issue 1 is ridiculous.  

I'm just putting together the first mini from it.  As you might expect, the quality of plastic and the casting is perhaps not quite up to GW's top standard.  There are a few mould lines, and a couple of gaps when you put them together.  Still really good quality, and very cool detailed sculpts of course.  A nice surprise was that there are two options for the Stormcast leader's face - helmet on or helmet off, so I'm going to build one of each.  The Stormcasts also come on scenic bases like the minis from Warhammer Underworlds.

Does anyone know how the premium subscription works?  For an extra £2 per issue you get a bunch of other stuff from other factions.  I'm just curious as to how many issues you need to subscribe for to get the extras.

1 hour ago, feltmonkey said:

I got two as well.  I had no idea about this, so thanks @idespair - I probably would have missed it if you hadn't posted.

£2.99 for what you get in issue 1 is ridiculous.  

I'm just putting together the first mini from it.  As you might expect, the quality of plastic and the casting is perhaps not quite up to GW's top standard.  There are a few mould lines, and a couple of gaps when you put them together.  Still really good quality, and very cool detailed sculpts of course.  A nice surprise was that there are two options for the Stormcast leader's face - helmet on or helmet off, so I'm going to build one of each.  The Stormcasts also come on scenic bases like the minis from Warhammer Underworlds.

Does anyone know how the premium subscription works?  For an extra £2 per issue you get a bunch of other stuff from other factions.  I'm just curious as to how many issues you need to subscribe for to get the extras.

Just to call it out - and I apologise if this seems defensive, I don't mean it in that way - but the issue one minis are from the Easy To Build range (which includes most of the Shadespire stuff too) which is why they're a bit different. It's nothing to do with them being on the front of a magazine. Looking at the preview images nothing else appears to be.