Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

On 07/04/2021 at 11:43, RFT said:

Yeah, but the microset layer underneath should make it stick when it's (gently) rolled onto it while the microsol dissolves the film to make it soft and slightly bendy/stretchy - that's what allows it to conform, even with an extreme case like the crinkly tank below. That was done by gently pusshing the decal down with the tip of a stiff brush that's usually used for drybrushing. 

image.png

Yep - done loads of decals like these using Decalfix, getting them to conform to recessed panel lines etc. But the curve on this is so extreme that if you get the top to stick, the bottom lifts, and vice versa. 

4 hours ago, Oracle said:

Any ideas when the Cursed city is supposed to be released? 

3 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

Street date is Saturday. 

It's completely sold out everywhere, isn't it?

59 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

It's completely sold out everywhere, isn't it?

Believe so, but Oracle preordered from GW direct, so streetdate is when it lands in letterboxes I guess. 

The edges! (wow, so highlight, many eyestrain etc)

I'd love to see a GW video where they show one of their team actually painting to that standard. Even the "Parade Ready" videos don't go that far with the tiny extreme highlights, not that I've seen anyway.

28 minutes ago, Captain Novaforce said:

Looks like you can pre-order on the GW site so I think they are making more. I'm staying strong and saying no!

You can't, it's just mislabelled. When you click it says "nope".

On 09/04/2021 at 00:24, Davros sock drawer said:

Whereas I got an email from Wayland Games saying it’s shipped! 

(but some paints I ordered from GW are delayed) 

Same here. Looking forward to it arriving.

What are we all painting first?

I ummed and ahhhed about buying the new Underworlds Warband because they look gorgeous and now they've sold out, so I just need to appreciate the fact they exist.

When all the new vampire stuff gets released for AoS I am in a lot of trouble, I suspect. 

7 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I saw an unboxing video and was really glad I didn't order it because it looks like a right faff. Also its never get played, so...

You’re not wrong, and maybe I’m trying to justify my purchase, but at under £100 for me it was worth it just for the 60 minis.

3 hours ago, Davros sock drawer said:

You’re not wrong, and maybe I’m trying to justify my purchase, but at under £100 for me it was worth it just for the 60 minis.

Stick em on the pile with the rest :p

9 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

I ummed and ahhhed about buying the new Underworlds Warband because they look gorgeous and now they've sold out, so I just need to appreciate the fact they exist.

When all the new vampire stuff gets released for AoS I am in a lot of trouble, I suspect. 

Dang totally missed this 

Headless, mostly armless and definitely not finished Space Wolves. 

The last week has been busy in real life, so pushing through with these bastards is more difficult than I'd like. However, they'll be done eventually...

PXL_20210412_084649395.thumb.jpg.9529fd1db8c901793cf0b232675e41c6.jpg