Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

13 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

No. None of us can. 

like fuck am I paying for Stormcasts though.

I have to say, the new Stormcast design is a lot better than the old one, but I agree - of the minis I own, the Stormcast are often the least inspiring. Although there are a few stand outs. 

I've slept on it and I'm in on Dominion, for sure.

I think AoS is absolutely smashing it in terms of miniature design atm. Cursed City is gorgeous, and everything else that's come out in the past 12 months has been brilliant. I've never bothered with WHF or AoS before - I've always firmly been a 40k fanboy in terms of minis and lore - but I think I am converted at last.

Plus, I've got another Detolf unit coming. Need to fill it with something (other than all the unpainted minis I've already got to fill it with)

Don't think I posted up my Reaver. 

Maniple.thumb.jpg.bde19ca8070707f4c8735a823a1449c9.jpg

Got my first game of AT tomorrow night at the club and I;m really excited. All together everything I have painted comes out to just under 1100 points. The Reaver's picked up some decals. brilliantly, one of the community on Facebook had put together a custom decal sheet for the legion I chose.

titans.thumb.jpg.5330f7b9ab2472ac3669d315dfc60e32.jpg

12 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

I keep wanting to tell the people on the tills at Tesco about it when I'm in there.

Please film yourself tyring to explain to the checkout people why you look dead smug because you painted some little space soldier men really well for lots of nerds to look at :D

They look awesome by the way.  In case you hadn't noticed.

On 30/05/2021 at 13:55, And said:

I own around 200 unpainted miniatures. I’m going to try and paint them all before I buy anything else. 

"Nurse! Come quick! This man's delusional! Prepare to inject him with a further 200ml of unpainted plastic. 'Stat!"

55 minutes ago, JoeK said:

"Nurse! Come quick! This man's delusional! Prepare to inject him with a further 200ml of unpainted plastic. 'Stat!"

I’m serious. I have little to no chance of

actually playing 40K anytime soon and so can’t really justify buying anymore minis for the four armies I’m currently building. 
But I can play warcry and bloodbowl with the boy, so I’m going to focus on getting those teams and warbands done first. 

4 minutes ago, And said:

I’m serious. I have little to no chance of

actually playing 40K anytime soon and so can’t really justify buying anymore minis for the four armies I’m currently building. 
But I can play warcry and bloodbowl with the boy, so I’m going to focus on getting those teams and warbands done first. 

Are there any wargaming clubs near you? Maybe have a look on Facebook or Google it. The DZTV discord organises match ups too. 

I'm going to try get a game in which my Death Guard in the next month or so, just because in terms of units painted it's probably my most complete force 

So I got my first proper Titanicus game in last night.

The standout moment of which was my banner of questoris knights scoring the first engine kill of the night on a reaver. Their jubilation was short-lived, as the destroyed Titan's melta ammo cooked off with a magazine explosion that took out two of the 3 knights that had killed it.

194833843_Titanicusgame.thumb.jpg.aa535a5816b8628551849f2b1ff3f3ee.jpg

Covered by the Reaver Ferrox Ignis, the Warhound Lupus Ululatus stalks its prey.

I hadn't given adeptus titanicus any thought before. Seeing the models on here is tempting me. I've almost painted a cursed city model so I think I'm justified in buying another box set. 

38 minutes ago, Cocky said:

I hadn't given adeptus titanicus any thought before. Seeing the models on here is tempting me. I've almost painted a cursed city model so I think I'm justified in buying another box set. 

I'm painting Adeptus Titanicus stuff at the moment.  The models are really fun, tiny little perfect replications of the bigger versions.  They're not actually much fun to paint though, most of the details are in the mechanical areas, and the armour is big flat panels.

Plus, if you buy them and paint them, you'll make my stuff look bad in comparison.  ;)

I think my next big box purchase is going to be the new edition of Age Of Sigmar.  The new edition boxes are always good ones to get becasue not only do you get all the minis, you also get the lovely big book.

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

@Andwhere are you based? We should figure out a way for us neckbeards to play a game at some point.

Not a bad idea, I’m in Kent - how about you? 

speaking of AT, i think its the only GW game system i'd actually want to play. The stories you can tell of what's happened about reactors overloading and going nuclear are awesome. I have a commission for AT at the moment, 2 warhounds and a Reaver. to go with this Warlord i did last year:

P1000664.jpg

20 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

I'm painting Adeptus Titanicus stuff at the moment.  The models are really fun, tiny little perfect replications of the bigger versions.  They're not actually much fun to paint though, most of the details are in the mechanical areas, and the armour is big flat panels.

I really like painting them but it’s very different to the usual stuff. They’re not like doing infantry, monsters, or tanks, really. and they really need to be done in sub assemblies with the armour painted off the model and attached at the end.

I think Most of all they remind me of steam locomotives. I did originally have thoughts of doing one like a 30e great western loco- Brunswick green armour, copper highlights, a red head to recall the buffer beam, but went another way once I saw the Honorum scheme in a book.