IGNORED

Games Workshop, An Appreciation Thread

Lorfarius

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/19/the-imperium-is-driven-by-hate-warhammer-is-not/

It's quite nice seeing a company tell fascists outright they don't want their money instead of employing hoity toity double speak.

I was reading on Reddit about a guy that placed highly in a tournament as he turned up in some kind of fascist tshirt, no one would play him so he progressed through the tournament as they effectively conceded. Bonkers. He should just have been told to fuck off. 

6 minutes ago, And said:

I was reading on Reddit about a guy that placed highly in a tournament as he turned up in some kind of fascist tshirt, no one would play him so he progressed through the tournament as they effectively conceded. Bonkers. He should just have been told to fuck off. 

Yeah, it was a Spanish independent tournament - and it's the incident (and outcry) which has provoked this response from GW.

21 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/19/the-imperium-is-driven-by-hate-warhammer-is-not/

It's quite nice seeing a company tell fascists outright they don't want their money instead of employing hoity toity double speak.

I’m quite relieved to read that tbh, I questioned my own interest in 40K about 8 or 9 years ago, and in fact took it down a notch - at the time I was reading the Heresy novels, and went looking for reviews/discussion online. Top of the results was some forum called Stormfront. I had never heard of it, and read a few pages before thinking… hang on a minute…

On 20/11/2021 at 09:36, MattKB said:

That’s awesome, would love some more photos. 

Are the rocks and skulls on your bases the citadel ones?  

Yes they are, apart from the ones on Shadowsun's base around the fallen masonry.

Here's Shadowsun - 

1726250315_TAU9038SHADDOWSUNVANGUARDTACTICS1(1).thumb.jpg.27f7279bb85dd603fcec411de440b79b.jpg

Commander Farsight - I'd love them to do a plastic update of this guy.

184892150_FARSIGHTTAU9038COMMANDERVANGUARDTACTICS3(1).thumb.jpg.76f909eb27990a3f582c7fc142f210b4.jpg

A few drones - 

944398094_FARSIGHTTAU9038DRONESVANGUARDTACTICS1(1).thumb.jpg.e939d262c472a5e304bae311fec7b99e.jpg

A Ramora, an awkward Forge World model that needed some straightening.

884880617_TAU9038REMORAVANGUARDTACTICS1(1).thumb.jpg.3ba142a1c7cfcd060224eef1220c24f2.jpg

One of the Devilfish transports.

1646243658_FARSIGHTTAU9038DEVILFISHVANGUARDTACTICS4(2).thumb.jpg.438864530ca54ff4f2496bf87d98b284.jpg

Some more of the Crisis Suits - 

1371825347_FARSIGHTTAU9038XV8CRISISSUITSVANGUARDTACTICS4(1).thumb.jpg.b44036fd374521f33566e7ecb317de58.jpg

On 20/11/2021 at 23:14, RFT said:

Today was Armies on parade day at my local store (Banbury) and I’ve spent the last 10 days getting an entry together for my Titans (which are up the thread a ways). I had the idea of adding some old epic scale marines I had kicking about and then threw in a storm eagle lander from the aeronautica set I bought last Month. 

anyway, went back to the store at the end of the day, and found I’d won the “not aos or 40k” category :)

That's awesome, congrats!

On 19/11/2021 at 09:48, Mikes said:

Operation Rivendell army is a go!

20211118_205357.jpg?width=2052&height=69

Ran out of Vallejo rattle can black primer almost straight away so switched to Rustollum. No noticeble difference in quality between the layers at all.

258878714_10157899280937047_528781464594

20 hours ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Not sure if you can still get them direct, but I got mine from Wayland Games.

No worries. I'll check eBay later, although I'm not sure I'm up to painting so many faces!

1 hour ago, Davros sock drawer said:

They’re fun when they go well - a nightmare when they don’t! 

I only got back into painting this year, and I've not had time to do much at all. I've still stacked my pile of plastic ready to go, but with our second child due in February, I need to do some serious painting over the next couple of months to get some practice in. Painting faces seems a long way off!

1 hour ago, feltmonkey said:

This is great. The face is really good, but damn his right hand is flipping excellent!  Absolutely top-drawer hand painting. :sealclap:

Thanks man! (You too @And) - the hand was easier than the face, I can assure you! 

I really like the recipe/guide I followed for the skin. 

1) Grey Seer prime

2) Darkoath Flesh Contrast Paint (@Butters you could stop here if you wanted a quick convincing face)

3) Layer Kislev Flesh

4) Highlight Screaming Skull

5) Extreme Highlight Pallid Wych Flesh

6) Glaze Thinned Volupus Pink on cheeks, nose, knuckles etc

7) Re-establish highlights from steps 4 and 5

For the eyes, drop Cygor brown into the sockets, then paint the eyeball off white. Then pray you hit the target with Black Templar for the pupils.

The video guide I watched shows him doing a tiny white dot reflection in the pupil too. Fuck that, I’m not touching this now! :lol: