Commissioning a painting.

Hardwired

I'd like to commission a painting. I browse this folder a lot, and there's some great talent in here, so I though I'd put it up to you guys first rather than going off and getting some random artist's help.

Here comes the cheesy part. I want a painting of a Warcraft character. That means it wouldn't just be a photo reproduction, but would actually require some re-working to make the picture look like something other than just a generic Warcraft picture. I can obviously supply as many screenshots as needed of the character.

I know nothing about art, and even less about commissioning a painting. So, if anybody wants to take me up on this, maybe we can chat via PM and work out the details/price etc.

So, if anybody's interested please let me know.

Cheers.

I'd like to commission a painting. I browse this folder a lot, and there's some great talent in here, so I though I'd put it up to you guys first rather than going off and getting some random artist's help.

Here comes the cheesy part. I want a painting of a Warcraft character. That means it wouldn't just be a photo reproduction, but would actually require some re-working to make the picture look like something other than just a generic Warcraft picture. I can obviously supply as many screenshots as needed of the character.

I know nothing about art, and even less about commissioning a painting. So, if anybody wants to take me up on this, maybe we can chat via PM and work out the details/price etc.

So, if anybody's interested please let me know.

Cheers.

Post some screens anyway. In between the other stuff I'm doing, I might knock up a doodle, and if it turns out good, maybe I'll offer to take it further. I make no guarantees though (sprite paintings are going to take up a lot of time).

Post some screens anyway. In between the other stuff I'm doing, I might knock up a doodle, and if it turns out good, maybe I'll offer to take it further. I make no guarantees though (sprite paintings are going to take up a lot of time).

Thanks. I appreciate the offer.

A few screenshots for you (any WoW veterans are requested to stifle their laughs at the state of my gear please)...

If you need anything more detailed just let me know.

wowscrnshot122207123539jn4.th.jpg

wowscrnshot122207124631jo2.th.jpg

wowscrnshot122207123455uz9.th.jpg

wowscrnshot122207122639hz6.th.jpg

wowscrnshot122207123224mm6.th.jpg

The bald head, beard, and guild tabard are the key points. Plenty of artistic license can be taken with the rest.

Are you specifically wanting a canvas in traditional or a digital piece printed high res and framed? Sorry to ask so many questions but we need more info :) Also, I ain't so good with traditional, it's been a long time since I used it properly.

Don't be sorry about asking questions. I have no idea what's needed, so I'm just posting what comes to my mind.

I did want a canvas piece originally, yeah. I hadn't really considered any other options. Could you link me to the sort of thing you had in mind? I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Your stuff is superb, Couk. But it's not quite what I'm looking for at the moment. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to splash on more that one piece of work for now. Man, now I feel all guilty and stuff.

:wacko: no worries.