Your best gaming Christmas present

Sigourney Beaver

I think the only game machines I've had at xmas are the spectrum and the sega master system. After that I just got machines on launch by saving up. Same with the big games too.

Bah fucking Humbug :lol:

I also got an Amiga 600 with Cannon Fodder one year - but the power pack blew up on Christmas day :D

Legend of Zelda ALTTP. The SNES was my first console (was a spectrum boy for a few years before that) and the game was just a joy. I was ill on boxing day too, so my mum moved the telly into my bedroom so I could just crack on with the game.

Happy days indeed

Dreamcast.

At first I didn't think I got one but then I opened up a present and it was a controller and I remember thinking "what's the use of a controller with no console to play it on" so anyway, after opening my presents I went to go upstairs feeling a bit miserable and there was another present on the stairs which was a VMU. Following on from this were little pieces of polystyrene leading to a box at the top of the stairs. Inside it, underneath lots of bits of polystyrene was my Seeega Dreamcaaast! Best Christmas ever.

I remember not switching off Soul Calibur once, my brother, cousin and I were hooked!

A battery-powered Terrahawks assault course type game, where you hovered a polystyrene ball (one of those robot things) through hoops etc with the power of blown air keeping it aloft.

It broke about 2 weeks later and my mum sent it back to the catalogue. I never got a replacement.

:lol:

Either the year I got Space Station Silicon Valley AND Ocarina of Time, or the year me and my brother got a Saturn with Wipeout, Sega Rally, one of the Alien games... um... Loaded, Virtua Fighter 2 and Sega World Wide Soccer (I think that was all the games) and the steering wheel.

My parents knew how much I wanted OOT cause I'd gone on and on about it (even though i'd never played a Zelda game before) and after I'd opened Silicon Valley I worked my way down to only having one huge present left. I was feeling really gutted cause there weren't any N64 game sized presents left. Anyway, it came round to my turn to open something again (we take turns so we actually see what each other gets) and I lifted the lid on this massive box and it was full of packing material. I rumaged through the polystyrene and there it was. The nicest looking game box ever seen by my teenage eyes

zzz8%20030.jpg

The year I asked for Sonic 2 and got it with Lemmings and World of Illusion too. Sonic was naturally great and I have very fond memories of playing the other two with my dad over the festive period. I think that was the year my mum got him his own Megadrive so I could get access to mine accasionally.

48k Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Christmas '83). 'Twas truly a golden age...

The Bambino UFO Master Blaster Station handheld I got in (I think) 1980 holds fond memories too. The boy next door had a CGL Galaxy Invader, which was a much more popular machine, but fuck it - the Bambino looked sooo much better.

Bambino-UFOMasterBlasterBox.jpg

I still have a boxed one too (not my original though, sadly).

The year I got Sonic 2 on the Master System. My first game-related christmas wish and I really didnt think Id get it, but yeah, I did.

Probably my first (slight) gaming dissapointment too, given that Sonic 1 on the Master System was amazing I kinda expected this one to be even better. I felt part of something special that christmas though and thats what counted.