Hot Chip - Made In The Dark

Chaz

So this is out there if you know where to look, albeit in slightly irritating promo format, complete with robotic voice which claims "Hot Chip Made In The Dark - Coming Soon" once or twice per track. Still, definitely worth a download, as it isn't too obtrusive and you get used to it. And not to mention the album is fucking great. I've never been a big fan of the band, in fact I find some of their earlier stuff average and occasionally tedious to the extreme, but this is a beautiful record, absolutely loving it.

Anyone else digging this/other opinions?

So this is out there if you know where to look, albeit in slightly irritating promo format, complete with robotic voice which claims "Hot Chip Made In The Dark - Coming Soon" once or twice per track. Still, definitely worth a download, as it isn't too obtrusive and you get used to it. And not to mention the album is fucking great. I've never been a big fan of the band, in fact I find some of their earlier stuff average and occasionally tedious to the extreme, but this is a beautiful record, absolutely loving it.

Anyone else digging this/other opinions?

Loved their last album, so will definitely be buying this. "Over and Over" is one of my favourite tunes of the past decade.

I think it's a better album than 'the Warning' was. Does their various extremes better, I think, and lacks some of the filler their previous album possessed. They're touring in Feb. with Matthew Dear. Should be incredible.

Indeed, far better than Warning. Some of the tracks on that were so dull that I would skip them, to be honest, whereas I at least like every track on MITD. And i've got my tickets to see them in Leeds in Feb too 8)

Is the sample in Shake a Fist which goes on about 'the game he's made up called 'sounds of the studio' that weirdy autistic guy who loved Busby that was in Off Topic a few weeks ago?

ha, if that's the sample I'm thinking of, it does sound uncannily like that guy. Cut Chemist & Nu-Mark used that in a mix from the late 90s, his voice still cracks me up.

I want to hear this, but I don't want the version that's doing the rounds at the moment if it's tainted. What's the release date?

ha, if that's the sample I'm thinking of, it does sound uncannily like that guy. Cut Chemist & Nu-Mark used that in a mix from the late 90s, his voice still cracks me up.

I want to hear this, but I don't want the version that's doing the rounds at the moment if it's tainted. What's the release date?

First Monday in February I think.

'Ready For The Floor' is the best record I've heard since 'All My Friends'. NEEED to hear it on a proper system.

I'm dead without OiNk. I'm amazed how much I relied on that for EVERYTHING, not just newer stuffs.

You don't want to know how long it took me to download a FUCKING U2 SONG today (mentioned in the U2 thread, 'Unforgettable Fire' was listened to by Miles Davis on his deathbed :unsure:).

Anywho. I can't really picture how I'm going to dance to this, but it's going to be amazing.

Is the sample in Shake a Fist which goes on about 'the game he's made up called 'sounds of the studio' that weirdy autistic guy who loved Busby that was in Off Topic a few weeks ago?

It's a sample from a Todd Rundgren interlude track called 'Intro' off Something/Anything. Recognised it straight away when I heard it. Cool sample.