There's quite a few b5 cast that died relatively early. :-(

Might have to dig the DVDs out, or more likely download them for the iPad.

Better late than never, I started a rewatch of this yesterday for probably the tenth time. Quite often I'd skip S1 but this time round I'm doing the lot, and though some of the dialog and acting is really wooden at this point there's already done major plot points being teased.

Yes, it is starting to date now, and TV is more sophisticated these days, but it's still well worth the investment of time.

• 1 year later...

For some reason this week after being unavailable to buy locally for ages our local record chain found a batch of them hiding in a warehouse so I bought the entire series run. Are any of the spin off movies worth getting as well or is it a case of diminishing returns.

38 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

For some reason this week after being unavailable to buy locally for ages our local record chain found a batch of them hiding in a warehouse so I bought the entire series run. Are any of the spin off movies worth getting as well or is it a case of diminishing returns.

In the Beginning (only watch around season 4 ironically) and A Call to Arms (Pilot to Crusade) are worth it imo.

Also The Gathering is the original pilot that should be watched before season 1, if that wasn't obvious.

Legend of the Rangers is probably worth watching eventually just to experience how laughably bad it is. Luckily it never made it to becoming a full series.

• 10 months later...
On 30 July 2016 at 13:42, davidcotton said:

In the Beginning (only watch around season 4 ironically) and A Call to Arms (Pilot to Crusade) are worth it imo.

Crusade is truly horrible.

Also, RIP Vir :(

• 2 weeks later...

Who is that now? 
Michael O'Hare (Sinclair)
Jerry Doyle (Garibaldi)
Richard Biggs (Franklin)
Stephen Furst (Vir)
Jeff Conaway (Zach Allen)

Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar)

Tim Choate (Zathras)
Robin Sachs (various Narn and Minbari)
Paul Winfield (Franklin's dad)

We may still get a Babylon 5 movie, but I'm not holding my breath.

I quite enjoyed the Legend of the Rangers pilot when it was shown in the mid-2000s. It had a fun Firefly-inspired ship and character dynamic that was refreshingly fun (space battle tantrum aside), but suffered terrible ratings when placed against the American superbowl (unsurprisingly). If we'd been given a year of this show back in 1999/2000, followed by the introduction of a multi-season arc where they search for a cure to the Drakh plague, it may have attracted better viewing figures than the Crusade spin-off.

Been binging on this for the last few weeks and it's so good. Currently watching

Sheridan being tortured. 

Never know about spoilers so I'll stick it all in one. 

I watched the first few episodes a few years ago and just stopped. It all looked run of the mill Sci fi. Was bored so restarted it and holy shit is it good. 

That moment when G'Kar is a broken man and is asking for help at the council. He's been stripped of his ambassador role and slowly walks out of the meeting was horrendous. The dynamic between those two from jokey awkward friends to absolute hatred was horrible to watch. 

The one moment which made me think it deserves all the praise was when they had the guy from an episode in series 1 be a plot line for an episode in series 3. "not the one, not the one".