I’m on season 4 now. Boy it’s great stuff  

Yeah it's terrific. I'm finding I'd forgotten a lot of the details of the

Spoiler

Mad Centauri Emperor

whose scenes are just glorious!

• 3 weeks later...

Series 3 is really great. 

Spoiler

The slow burn of the coup on Earth and the ratcheting up of tension via news reports, culminating in the battle to defend the station was really deftly handled. 

I'll admit to really staring into the abyss a few times watching series 1, but it's genuinely gotten brilliant and I'm glad I persevered. Fair dos. Even Londo's hair looks better. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ah man, I’d love any new version or update to still use Lightwave. :wub: In fact at this point Id say that LWs renderer did as much as any to create a stylistic tone/look that people associate with B5.

I’ve just bought this because I want my partner to see it, and it’s a great excuse for a rewatch after nearly 20 years since the last time I properly watched it myself (also, I never watched all of S5). Hopefully she’ll be able to get over the production values and the dodginess of most of Season 1. ‘Midnight On The Firing Line’ is still a good opener - loads of nice foreshadowing, and the Jurasik/Katsulas combo is brilliant right from the start. The remaster looks excellent for the live action stuff... I hope the FX get a bit better as they have a problem with jerkiness at this point, like they’re frame-hitching. If JMS can do something with upscaling, as he’s hinting in his tweets, that would be amazing.

7 hours ago, Eighthours said:

I’ve just bought this because I want my partner to see it, and it’s a great excuse for a rewatch after nearly 20 years since the last time I properly watched it myself (also, I never watched all of S5). Hopefully she’ll be able to get over the production values and the dodginess of most of Season 1. ‘Midnight On The Firing Line’ is still a good opener - loads of nice foreshadowing, and the Jurasik/Katsulas combo is brilliant right from the start. The remaster looks excellent for the live action stuff... I hope the FX get a bit better as they have a problem with jerkiness at this point, like they’re frame-hitching. If JMS can do something with upscaling, as he’s hinting in his tweets, that would be amazing.

Re the frame hitching, what device are you watching it on?

I'm sure someone on here mentioned that the effects are forced to run at 60hz and some apps (360 Amazon Prime?) we're trying to run it at 50hz.

I had the problem on Xbox but not if I ran through the  app built in to the TV.

8 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

Re the frame hitching, what device are you watching it on?

I'm sure someone on here mentioned that the effects are forced to run at 60hz and some apps (360 Amazon Prime?) we're trying to run it at 50hz.

I had the problem on Xbox but not if I ran through the  app built in to the TV.

Apple TV app on her Samsung LCD TV.

• 1 month later...

I have reached 'Messages from Earth'. What a brilliant Act 4 that has - the chase with the Shadow vessel and then the descent into Jupiter's atmosphere are so exciting! In 2 eps' time, it's my favourite one of the series, 'Severed Dreams'. I really hope it holds up!

4 hours ago, Eighthours said:

I have reached 'Messages from Earth'. What a brilliant Act 4 that has - the chase with the Shadow vessel and then the descent into Jupiter's atmosphere are so exciting! In 2 eps' time, it's my favourite one of the series, 'Severed Dreams'. I really hope it holds up!

What does your partner think of it, if they made it past season 1?

31 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

What does your partner think of it, if they made it past season 1?

As season 1 is pretty dodgy in places, I made a deal with her that we could drop the show if she wasn't into it after 'The Coming of Shadows'. This gave what I thought would be enough time to get over the season 1 jank, to establish Sheridan, start the proper story arc stuff, and also 'end' on one of the best eps of the entire run (I thought it would be really weird to not want to see what comes next after watching that one!). I also skipped 3 or 4 of the particularly bad episodes (eg. TKO). By the time we were getting towards the end of season 1, it was pretty clear that she was enjoying it so I was confident about continuing, and sure enough after TCOS she said that she authorised further viewing. :lol: I was only really worried that the production values would be too much (or rather, too little) for her. I knew she'd appreciate a lot of the characters and story. I'm absolutely LOVING rewatching the show, personally, and it's great to go through it with a noob as all the surprises are fresh! I'm well excited about tonight.

Also:

Spoiler

My 8 year old and I used to play a game when he was about 3 or so. At a certain time of day there were shadows cast on our lounge wall from the stonework outside, and they looked like figures. We would pretend to retreat and hide from them in a different room, but would then come back at them with ray-guns blazing to destroy them. To start the game, he'd pretend to be scared when they appeared and he'd say, 'Nooooo, the saddos!'

Naturally every time there's a Shadow ship on screen in B5 now, my partner and I look at each other in mock-fear and say, 'Noooooo, the saddos!'