Fave movie quote/dialogue?

Capwn

HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL: It's called "Daisy."

HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means.
Like I told my last wife, I said, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see, and besides... it's all in the reflexes."
I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
Childs: I just cannot believe any of this voodoo bullshit.

Palmer: Childs, it happens all the time, man. They're falling out of the sky like flies. Government knows all about it, right, Mac?

Childs: You believe any of this voodoo bullshit, Blair?

Palmer: Childs, Childs... Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America. I mean, they taught the Incas everything they know.

Ayo, listen here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss.
<_<

Although not from a film..sorry. I think my favourite dialogue ( or most memorable) is this one from Jules in Pulp Fiction

There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

So many great quotes from one grea film

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.
Oswald was a fag
Interrogation Cop: I can put you in Queens on the night of the hijacking.

Hockney: Really? I live in Queens, did you put that together yourself, Einstein? Got a team of monkeys working around the clock on this?

Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, he's gone.

I like:

All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds while he just STANDS there waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

and:

Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother said it. Out-fucking-standing. I will PT you all until you fucking die. I'll PT you until your assholes are sucking buttermilk.

Darth Vader: There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you.

[pauses]

Darth Vader: Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.

Luke: I'll never join you!

Darth Vader: If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Obi-wan never told you what happened to your father.

Luke: He told me enough! He told me *you* killed him!

Darth Vader: No. *I* am your father.

Luke: No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!

Darth Vader: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!

Luke: No! No!

(Wilson is dragged outside and thrown to the ground, in some degree of pain. The heavies stand over him, one begins to speak)

"So you come back down here again, pop, and we'll kill you. You understand? This is private property, we will SHOOT you, fucko. DO YA GET IT? Fuckin' old fart, you've got your big, dangerous gun? Yeah, we're quakin', we're quakin'."

(they all laugh and head back to the building, turning around again before they go inside)

"Yeah, you come on back, you visit! Tresspass, we'll look forward to it, asshole. Stupid English FUCK!"

(They high five and disappear inside. Wilson gets to his feet, pulls a small pistol from his jeans and walks after them. Voices are heard off-camera)

"Hey, woah!"

*BANG*

"HEY, HEY!"

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG-BANG*

(One of the workers flees out front in terror. Wilson calmly follows, then yells)

"You TELL HIM! You tell him I'm coming! TELL HIM I'M FUCKING COMINNNNNNNNNG!"

Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.

(James Stewart, Harvey)

God I love that film, it's one of my absolute favourites and it makes being an alcoholic look like fun

Wilson: Who's Harvey?

Miss Kelly: A white rabbit, six feet tall.

Wilson: Six feet?

Elwood P. Dowd: Six feet three and a half inches. Now let's stick to the facts.

Brilliant

God I love that film, it's one of my absolute favourites and it makes being an alcoholic look like fun

Wilson: Who's Harvey?

Miss Kelly: A white rabbit, six feet tall.

Wilson: Six feet?

Elwood P. Dowd: Six feet three and a half inches. Now let's stick to the facts.

Brilliant

Agreed, it's fucking astonishing. Hadn't seen it until about a year ago. I've always been meh about It's A Wonderful Life but Harvey is just brilliant.

Agreed, it's fucking astonishing. Hadn't seen it until about a year ago. I've always been meh about It's A Wonderful Life but Harvey is just brilliant.

Its a Wonderful Life is awesome, and is only just beaten by Harvey in my opinion. But Harvey feels like one of those gems of a film that was created just for you. Its like reading an awesome book that no-one else has heard of, or hearing great music from a new band before your peers. Harvey is a popular film, but amongst some of the great films James Stewart has starred in it can get forgotten. And to be honest, its all the better for it when you watch it with no expectations or idea of the story.

Its a Wonderful Life is awesome, and is only just beaten by Harvey in my opinion. But Harvey feels like one of those gems of a film that was created just for you. Its like reading an awesome book that no-one else has heard of, or hearing great music from a new band before your peers. Harvey is a popular film, but amongst some of the great films James Stewart has starred in it can get forgotten. And to be honest, its all the better for it when you watch it with no expectations or idea of the story.

That's a nice summary. You do feel that it's so off the wall that nobody could possibly get it but you.

Oh God, how could I forget this one:

I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

Michael Corleone, Godfather II

Edit: and from the same film:

Tom Hagen: When a plot against the Emperor failed... the plotters were always given a chance... to let their families keep their fortunes. Right?

Frank Pentangeli: Yeah, but only the rich guys, Tom. The little guys got knocked off and all their estates went to the Emperors. Unless they went home and killed themselves, then nothing happened. And the families... the families were taken care of.

Tom Hagen: That was a good break. A nice deal.

Frank Pentangeli: Yeah... They went home... and sat in a hot bath... opened up their veins... and bled to death... and sometimes they had a little party before they did it.

Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.

Walter Peck: They caused an explosion!

Mayor: Is this true?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.

[pause]

Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no dick.

My favourite bit in Ghostbusters entirely

The Last Boy Scout has so much great dialogue it's insane but I am going to go with this for now:

Darian Hallenbeck: "What the hell is that number on the back of your head? What is that, like a license plate in case someone tries to steal it?"

[Predator]

Generic commando 1: "You're bleeding."

Large Texan commando: "I ain't got time to bleed!"

*grenade is lobbed*

Generic commando 1: "You got time to duck?"

[/Predator]

I did a quiz on Facebook which claimed in the 'book of the film ^_^' that their relationship was actually homosexual. Not sure I needed to know that.

Actually not those two, Jesse Ventura and Dillon.

• 3 years later...