Fave movie quote/dialogue?

Capwn

Hard to choose...but one of my favourite films, Heathers, is just full of dialogue which makes me smile. Here's a small snippet:

Heather Chandler: Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw. Do I look like Mother Theresa? 

Veronica Sawyer: Dear Diary, my teen-angst bullshit now has a body count. 

J.D.: People will look at the ashes of Westerburg and say, "Now there's a school that self-destructed, not because society didn't care, but because the school was society." Now that's deep.

Many of the agents lines in Serenity are favourites of mine.

"This is a good death.. there's no shame in this..."

I think for such a simple line, the delivery was inch perfect.

I actually wish Jubal Early got a play in that. As far as philosophical villains go, I preferred him.

Does that seem right to you?

Pssh. Youse fuckin' fancy-pants, all of ya.

And so on (and they're arguably not even the best ones). I mean, give the credit, if you like, to Dashiell Hammett instead of the Coens. But when it comes to film scripts, there's nothing more consistently sharp, clever or quotable. Guys, guys, it's ok: there never will be.

Your post starting with a swear word does a disservice to the beauty of Millers. Have you ever noticed that there isn't a single profanity in the whole film? Such an achievement for such a tough talking movie.

Eddie Dane does say 'whore' at one point I guess

Oh In The Loop, I love you so.

Your post got me in the mood for another watch and you're not wrong.

Malcolm Tucker: Right. Was it you?

Simon Foster: No, it wasn't. No. What?

Malcolm Tucker: You do know what I'm talking about, don't you?

Simon Foster: No. And... And... whatever it was, I almost certainly didn't do it.

Malcolm Tucker: Was it you, the baby from Eraserhead?

Toby Wright: No, no.

Malcolm Tucker: Then it must have been you, the woman from The Crying Game.

Judy: It wasn't me.

:lol:

I googled baby from Erazerhead and laughed even harder :lol:

Your post starting with a swear word does a disservice to the beauty of Millers. Have you ever noticed that there isn't a single profanity in the whole film? Such an achievement for such a tough talking movie.

Eddie Dane does say 'whore' at one point I guess

True for the film (if you don't count stuff like 'goddamn' or 'sonofabitch' as profanities), but the script - the published version, anyway - does contain the line as I wrote it. Oddly, it's the only occurrence of the F word in the entire thing, so I guess in the end (or in the shooting version, if the published one's not that) they figured they might as well drop it to keep the tone even. There are some other slight differences too, but that's scripts for you - and I did specifically cite its greatness among film scripts, so I just went off that.

I do agree the film is better for its omission, though.