changing default team

humdrum

not sure if this is going to help anyone or if it applies to online games.

but you can change your default team,

for games by going into My FIFA 08 then FIFA 08 profiles, Profile Manager then changing it from their.

(Warning thou it will change your rival team and stuff)

as I said not sure if its any use to anyone, but i want to start getting some extra practice in with my new (league) team, this just makes it easier for me to always have them available first. Rather than moving from my supported club arsenal each time..

[edit]just found out it does apply to your online team :)[/edit]

You know everyone is saying that when an update happens - all transfers will be in place - I thought this happened already when it was "updating the team" connecting to live matches.

Can anyone confirm that with an obvious transfer thats been made - Anelka or something?

I take he's not in the Chelsea Fifa team yet and I'm just trippin'?

You know everyone is saying that when an update happens - all transfers will be in place - I thought this happened already when it was "updating the team" connecting to live matches.

Can anyone confirm that with an obvious transfer thats been made - Anelka or something?

I take he's not in the Chelsea Fifa team yet and I'm just trippin'?

i believe the first update we saw was a start of the season/ end of the pre season windows update. this will be one for the january window...

the refs are quite lenient sometinmes ive been taken down when am going through and ive only really even seen a couple of reds in over a 100 games

Indeed, and there are so many cunts who exploit this online. My biggest FIFA bugbear is the fact that the game allows people to play like wankers by ignoring continual cynical fouls. It's actually worse than PES in this respect - PES2008 refs were delightfully draconian. Just a pity that's about the only thing I liked about it!

Indeed, and there are so many cunts who exploit this online. My biggest FIFA bugbear is the fact that the game allows people to play like wankers by ignoring continual cynical fouls. It's actually worse than PES in this respect - PES2008 refs were delightfully draconian. Just a pity that's about the only thing I liked about it!

yea its so hard to get sent off with a straight red, the ref seems to think theres a defender covering all the time to only give a yellow lol

Yeah I must agree I'm tired of playing people who just slide tackle, slide tackle, slide tackle - thats not to take away from players who can use it properly but more often than not it'll be after the ball has been passed - the advantage indicator will come up for a second or so and I'll play on as I have possession.

Someone should email EA Vancouver and point out late challenges after the ball has gone - even if advantage is played - usually always amount to a yellow card after play has stopped. Sometimes even a red if it was late enough. It just annoys me as - I know it's a game - but it is a very realistic football sim and not some crap like Fifa Street or something. it just seems all wrong to me and it interrupts the flow of your team (your player cant make a run for a 1-2 if he's lying on the ground).

The refs do need toughened up on this game and I hope they do it in a patch.

One of the most silly things about it is if, when advantage is played - you quickly pass the ball right to an opposition guy the ref blows up for said foul and sometimes administers a booking. But obviously your natural instincts is not to do that. Cause it just aint football!!

It's like when he plays advantage, if you keep the ball (and the advantage is only on screen for a couple of seconds) the ref just forgets the misdemeanour altogether.

It is a bit silly when the rest of the game is pretty much very realistic in every way and it's happened 9-10 times in the game??