I just can't get into this. Maybe it's the pacing. It doesn't seem to hook you as much as The Sopranos.

Also thought the same about Boardwalk Empire and gave up halfway through the first series.

I found that too. Watched the first series, thought it was ok but had no motivation to watch the second until about a year later. Decided to re-watch the first and then went straight onto the second, then caned it through till the end of series four in about a month. It's brilliant, stick with it.

My parents also took a couple of series before it clicked with them, they eventually realised they loved it.

A couple of series to click? Seriously? Man I was hooked from the very first episode... It dropped you right in the middle of it, you find out about the cancer and oh shit, they're cooking already?!

I love this showwwww.

Yeah me too, first episode just grabbed hold of me probably like no other show. It probably took me about two months, maybe less to blast through the first 4 seasons after that. I can't imagine how anyone could not get utterly absorbed in it

It does slow down a bit after the first couple of eps though. Not that I was ever bored with it.

Man, really?

I always felt BB was like crazily tense and fast moving in terms of shit changing in Walt's life. Like I feel like almost every episode it feels like the stakes are higher.

That's the thing about BB, it's just consistently excellent.

A couple of series to click? Seriously? Man I was hooked from the very first episode... It dropped you right in the middle of it, you find out about the cancer and oh shit, they're cooking already?!

I love this showwwww.

Yeah, exactly. I was hooked from the start too. As I said before, from about when Walt says ''fuck you...and fuck your eyebrows!''

And it all progresses so fast. Shit loads happens in the very first episode. Instantly I knew I wanted to know what was going to happen to Walt and Jesse.

What a show.

It has its ups and downs like all series but there's never never really been anything quite like it. The whole thing just explodes before your eyes and passes so quickly it never gives you time to mull things over. In a way I'm glad they split season 5 as it gives you chance to have a proper breather before the serious shit happens :lol:

Be careful of spoilers, I said on Twitter that I'd just finished season 1 and it seemed pretty amazing but Skylar was a cunt. Someone replied with:

SEASON 5 SPOILER

Walt's a cunt, he killed Mike for no reason.

Bearing in mind I had no idea who it was and what he was on about. Fucking bellend ruined the build up to the midseason break of season 5. Wasn't even following him.

A season refers to the number of episodes. AMC tried to get Gilligan to wrap up the show in six episodes instead of sixteen, so be thankful he wangled this arrangement! I believe they're referred to as a 'two part season'. It's kind of shitty that the gap is there, whether they call it two seasons or a two part season.

People say this about Breaking Bad, or The Wire, and these shows are brilliant at what they do - but The Sopranos is pretty much untouchable.

Agree with this, I've watched Breaking Bad and The Wire twice through, and am currently watching Sopranos for a second time. The difference is staggering once you've had time to appreciate all three for what they do, Sopranos really is untouchable.