rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
futureshock

Breaking Bad

Nah, I meant more like "You missed it at the time and now you're massively overcompensating by talking about it incessantly until people want to punch you in the face". If that makes more sense.

The idea that there's something to compensate for seems a little snobby in itself.

But anyway, I wasn't looking to get into a discussion about it - just thought your sentence was a bit ironic and felt like poking fun.

• Upvote 2

Are you Geez-ing at me or the article? It's sort of hard to tell without any context or discussion and I don't want to get the wrong end of the stick. God knows we don't want another Star Wars thread on our hands here.

I'm geezing you. It's a great article, extremely well written and you come in a whinge about some inaccuracies and him having some different views?

• Upvote 1

I hope Frankie Muniz turns up playing a punk-ass dopeslinger who gets whacked.

• Upvote 1

Jane Kaczmarek, Cranston's wife in Malcom in the Middle, will be in the final stretch. No idea if it's just one appearance or what.

https://twitter.com/JaneKaczmarek/statuses/295745464865792001

I'm calling the ending.

Cartel kills everybody, except Walt who escapes with a new identity.

He has a total mental breakdown, forgets eveything that has happened and ends up creating an entirely new personality based on his new ID.

Confused, he meets a desperate, lonely single mum called Lois who convinces him they are married with a brood of disobedient kids.

Yes, No, maybe?

• Upvote 7

AMAZEBALLS.

How do you explain his new son's genius IQ? Government spy?

Not completely sold on the art work but this cartoon based on mikes half measures speech works really well

• Upvote 1

I can't imagine how you guys have been been able to cope since last September - fucking September!

When I read this, I initially thought, "No, September? It's been longer than that!"

So checked the air date of the last episode, and it really was September! I feel like the wait for the final episodes has somehow warped time and space. I genuinely feel like I've been waiting a year for it.

And it doesn't even return until July. July!!

Someone asked about UK Blu-rays before. They've just been added to Sony's schedule, with season 1-4 and first half of 5 for release on 3rd June. All separate rather than a box set.

• Upvote 1

After knowing next to nothing about this show other than the "OMG It's Amazing!" reviews, I picked up the seasons 1-3 box set from HMV just after Christmas. I've only watched the first three episodes so far.

OMG It's Amazing. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a TV show where I was concerned for the characters three episodes in. How many seasons have there been so far? I don't really want to go searching round for fear of spoilers.

And I finished Season 3 last night. I was actually screaming at the TV. And then it ended with a gunshot... :omg:

I thought it lost it's way a little in the middle of Season 2. And when Walt watched Jane die, I was actually tempted to give up on the show, because even though I understood why he did it, I couldn't forgive him for actually doing it. I'm glad I stuck with it, though. Season 3 was incredible - particularly the Hank episode in the middle of the season, the fly episode and the finale.

I wandered through town today frantically looking everywhere for Season 4, but to no avail. I would happily have paid over the odds to have it tonight. Instead I've ordered it online and will have to make do with watching other shitty TV shows instead until it arrives.

And I finished Season 3 last night. I was actually screaming at the TV. And then it ended with a gunshot... :omg:

I thought it lost it's way a little in the middle of Season 2. And when Walt watched Jane die, I was actually tempted to give up on the show, because even though I understood why he did it, I couldn't forgive him for actually doing it. I'm glad I stuck with it, though. Season 3 was incredible - particularly the Hank episode in the middle of the season, the fly episode and the finale.

I wandered through town today frantically looking everywhere for Season 4, but to no avail. I would happily have paid over the odds to have it tonight. Instead I've ordered it online and will have to make do with watching other shitty TV shows instead until it arrives.

Why not get Netflix? There all on there.

Because I don't have Netflix. And I don't mind paying for TV shows when I feel they deserve my cash - which is why I haven't downloaded it.

• Upvote 3

Because I don't have Netflix. And I don't mind paying for TV shows when I feel they deserve my cash - which is why I haven't downloaded it.

Do the free month trial.

• Upvote 2

But you wouldn't pay, watch breaking bad then cancel after the free trial. Fair enough if you like to own the show on DVD. Just trying to help a brother out.

And when Walt watched Jane die, I was actually tempted to give up on the show, because even though I understood why he did it, I couldn't forgive him for actually doing it.

Opinions vary, but I'm pretty sure that if you're forgoving Walt then you're doing it wrong.

Opinions vary, but I'm pretty sure that if you're forgoving Walt then you're doing it wrong.

I think it's more grey than that. If it was that black and white the series wouldn't have that moral tension.

• Upvote 1

Well, like I said, opinions vary. Which is part of what makes the show great! But to me, I'm not watching a thriller about a morally ambiguous character -- I'm watching a Greek tragedy about how an initially nice enough guy has become irretrievably morally corrupted by decisions taken to serve the hubris that lurked within him all along.

• Upvote 3