rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
futureshock

Breaking Bad

To be fair I did expect him to die in a couple of weeks of real time. Nothing wrong with that of course, every character is gonna die eventually. The hat and his cancer are probably the worst handled parts of the show.

I've heard he becomes a gangster? The character I watched in the first episode he was nothing like a gangster.

Capone has seen more than the first episode, guys.

Yeah I have, it's my favourite show of all time. Sorry. :(

• Upvote 1

Also slightly bothersome is that fact that if the police ever followed Jesse for 20mins the whole thing would be over.

True of every crime drama ever. Evading notice from the authorities is something that is raised many times through the series.

True of every crime drama ever. Evading notice from the authorities is something that is raised many times through the series.

Oh sure, it's just that because it's so great the little bits annoy me a tiny little bit.

I don't want to get into spoilers but the whole thing about being or not being noticed is repeatedly made a point of the story through the seasons.

Just a couple of points:

After the demise of Jesse's ridiculous bouncing Monte Carlo, he sticks with the beat up old Tercel. He doesn't wear any wealth anywhere visible ever, he takes great care to instruct his tweaker mates on how important it is to not be noticed. He's careful. It's Walt that becomes more and more the obvious one.

I think that the show's writers have at least addressed the issue of law evasion, and pretty well in my opinion.

Latest season spoiler

The conflict between Mike and Walt has its basis in Mike's insistence on keeping paying the old workers to keep them quiet. Jesse sees the sense in it, Walt's ever increasing ego can't stand it.

• Upvote 1

Hank was but there are other policemen.

Hey, it's just a TV show and there was probably no way around it. Just bothered me, nobody ever following Jesse and Walt rocking up to work at the lab in the world's most memorable beige car.

My favorite moment so far is when Walt is interrupted by his son as he's searching for money in the air vent, there's a fleeting shot of the crib that was bought in crazy 8's dad's furniture store.

• Upvote 2

The Pontiac Aztek is something of a caricature. It's on-paper an excellent, fully equipped mode of transport, but in reality a hopeless, soul crushing lemon. In that sense it perfectly reflects Walter's life, and in many ways a visible reflection/metaphor for Walter's soul.

It's exactly the kind of car that epitomises the life of a brilliant man who has to work two jobs for people who have nothing but contempt for him, and who at best can hope for an e-bay handjob on his birthday.

In that sense, it is a bit "obvious" as it's a quirky looking car, but I'd call it creative license. Compare to Mike, who always drives around in old Buicks etc that are utterly anonymous, because he's a pro.

The realities of Dodge sponsorship notwithstanding, Walt's descent into evil is visually confirmed when he finally stops repairing his battered old Aztec and buys a black muscle car.

• Upvote 1

SPOTTED: Just watching Lethal Weapon 2 and one of the cops is young, thinner Hank with hair (well half a head at least). Always like spotting actors in old stuff.

I was watching Deep Space Nine on the telly the other week and Mike popped up sporting this splendid hair-do.

ZUnfUmr.jpg

• Upvote 3

The script for the finale of this has leaked apparently as spoilers have show up over at IMDB so be careful as a bunch of people on NeoGAF got spoiled.

Walter and Jesse get caught and the finale is 40 minutes of previous guest stars showing up at their court case to remind us what horrible people they are, complete with clips of said incidents.

• Upvote 3

they pull a usual suspects with walter jr

also his dick is a death laser from all the meth he has been secretly doing

• Upvote 1

What if at the end of Breaking Bad Walt goes into witness protection and then

Doc Brown shows up at his house and is like, "Walt! We have to go back to the future! It's your kids! Something has to be done about your kids!" and Walt turns and looks through his window and see Jnr eating a bowl of fucking cereal and blows his brains out.

• Upvote 3