rllmuk
futureshock

Breaking Bad

So I'm watching this for the first time and I've just watched the opening of episode 4, season 1, whilst eating my sandwich.

I think I'm going to puke.

Bit late to the party on this one, but finally got round to watching this and devoured them all in about two weeks. Fuck me its good, but I guess you all know that.

Glad to have my life back though as I've got a shit tonne of games and movies which have been very neglected as I've only had eyes for Walter and co.

I can't find the link right now but I read yesterday that AMC are considering a Saul spinoff. No word on whether it would be a prequelor sequel to BB but it's apparently something that they - and Gilligan - are serious about.

I love Saul as much as anyone but I don't think I'd want a whole series dedicated to him.

I can't find the link right now but I read yesterday that AMC are considering a Saul spinoff. No word on whether it would be a prequelor sequel to BB but it's apparently something that they - and Gilligan - are serious about.

I love Saul as much as anyone but I don't think I'd want a whole series dedicated to him.

That sounds awful. Saul only works so well since he is limited to only a small amount of screentime in a just a few places (mainly his office).

I'll keep an open mind on that one. I remember thinking that a Frasier spin of when Cheers finished was an awful idea. Was deffinately wrong that time.

It sounds iffy, but Vince Gilligan has certainly earned some benefit of the doubt, I'd argue.

Saul could definitely be developed into a more complicated character, it's not like we see much of his life in BB. And Bob Odenkirk is amazing, so I just want to see him get more work.

I really love BB so much, I really want it to end in 8 episodes and that be the end of it.

Too many US dramas go on and on, or have spin-off shows made, until they inevitably go crap and no-one watches any more.

Remember Lost!

Remember Lost!

Lost was always shit.

Gilligan can do whatever he wants. I BELIEVE

• Upvote 1

If there is going to be a Saul spin-off show isn't that kind of a spoiler for his outcome?

Bah!

Lost was always shit.

Gilligan can do whatever he wants. I BELIEVE

Gilligan was a writer on The X-Files, which did exactly what Lost did. Once proved popular, the TV networks milk it for ever, until no-one gives a shit any more.

Breaking Bad was quite a low profile show on AMC until it became popular and suprised many. The fact that the station has had to resort to crazy levels of product placement and splitting of the final series in order to afford to make it is exactly what's working in their favour now when the writers refuse to keep it going indefinitely.

Breaking Bad was quite a low profile show on AMC until it became popular and suprised many. The fact that the station has had to resort to crazy levels of product placement and splitting of the final series in order to afford to make it is exactly what's working in their favour now when the writers refuse to keep it going indefinitely.

Really?

Yep. Do we need to keep seeing Jessie play Rage and Sonic Racing, or blowing up a Dell Laptop, or the tropical a... There's loads

Tropicana

Or the fly episode to keep down costs

• Upvote 1

Don't be silly, the product placement DODGE CHARGER isn't crazy, it's not like DODGE CHARGER it had any effect on the story.

DODGE CHARGER

• Upvote 4

The Dodge was the only thing I could think of. All the other things seemed naturally integrated into the show.

Oh hang on, I forgot about Los Pollos Hermanos.

Los Pollos Hermanos isn't real, you chump. What company would want to be presented as a front for drug running?

• Upvote 1