I feel like I know that house inside out and the layout of it. It's such an iconic house and almost all the areas have had multiple major moments in them. Some of the biggest moments have happened in that house in the various rooms. It's even gone into the celler, the basement, fixing rotten woodwork under the house, the bathroom, the extra toilet. Even the front of the house with moments involving fancy cars and pizza. I don't think you get that much focus on a single home in any other drama. It's really one of the characters. So it's upsetting to see such a character ripped apart of all it's character with no dignity at all.

My word what great beginning to the end.

As Hank drove along you could almost see each event enter and run across his mind as he remembered them.

Walt was also channeling his inner Gus when Lydia turned up at the car wash wanting him to come back and cook. This was just like the scene when Walt turned up at Los Pollos Hermanos and was frantically chasing Fring for answers.

Oh my GOD that was incredible.

I thought the first half of the episode was pretty slow paced, but the end was...wow. I just wasn't ready for that to escalate like that!

So what do people think the bit at the beginning was about, with the house trashed etc? Is he on the run? If this is just after his birthday, how long after the present stage are we now?

Also - is Walt faking the fact that his cancer is back? Maybe that's why the woman at the beginning was shocked to see him - because he fakes his death and disappears for a while?

Also - is Walt faking the fact that his cancer is back?

The chemo drip, the rush to medication, and sickness would say the cancer is back. The hair in the flashbacks would say otherwise.

Also - is Walt faking the fact that his cancer is back?

The chemo drip, the rush to medication, and sickness would say the cancer is back. The hair in the flashbacks would say otherwise.

Does that house only have one bathroom?

I thought it was interesting that last season we saw Hank enter the bathroom from the inside, via a reflection in the mirror. This episode the camera is on the other side of the door waiting for him to emerge. Similarly, The shot of Walt hiding the ricin is the reflection of the wardrobe mirror. In this episode we watch him removing it from the opposite corner of the room and the mirror is smashed.

Mirrors.

Significant? Probably not. Or it means Skyler is gonna kill Hank...

Any other show would have spent 7 1/2 episodes pointlessly following Hank as he pieces together the puzzle. Not Breaking Bad! Fucking jaw to floor at the end there. The 'click - bzzzzzzzzzz' of the garage door was incredible.

Any other show would have spent 7 1/2 episodes pointlessly following Hank as he pieces together the puzzle. Not Breaking Bad! Fucking jaw to floor at the end there. The 'click - bzzzzzzzzzz' of the garage door was incredible.

Edit: Contains Sopranos spoilers

I think a lesser show would have, yes, but I don't think Breaking Bad is the only show capable of moving something like that on quickly. IIRC, in the Sopranos they acted pretty fast as soon as they had a suspicion that Pussy was working for the FBI and he was dead within about 2 episodes.

Ratings wise this has done excellent in the US. 5.9 million viewers for 'Blood Money'. For comparison, the first Season 5 Ep 'Live Free or Die' got 2,93 million viewers with 'Say My Name' being the best watched episode up until now with 2.98 million viewers. Bravo to Gilligan and his team.

Just to add to the chorus of approval, it was indeed a fine return episode and I am mighty excited about things to come.

The Walter becoming Fring stuff was so heavy it must mean something. I think Frings lavish yet lonley existence is where Walter is heading - I think he will end up faking his own death to avoid Hank's brand of justice, and expect his familly to come too, but then face the bitter pill that his wife and son don't want to be with him anymore. I think Hank will be the familly man Walter always thought he was - he will guarantee their saftey if Walter gives himself up, but Walter chooses the selfish option and runs. The ricin is for Jesse to make sure he shuts up

Just to add to the chorus of approval, it was indeed a fine return episode and I am mighty excited about things to come.

The Walter becoming Fring stuff was so heavy it must mean something. I think Frings lavish yet lonley existence is where Walter is heading - I think he will end up faking his own death to avoid Hank's brand of justice, and expect his familly to come too, but then face the bitter pill that his wife and son don't want to be with him anymore. I think Hank will be the familly man Walter always thought he was - he will guarantee their saftey if Walter gives himself up, but Walter chooses the selfish option and runs. The ricin is for Jesse to make sure he shuts up

Doesnt seem that way from the prevuious flash forwards weve had in the last season, he`s haggard,in fear of his life, and alone by the looks of it..