rllmuk
futureshock

Breaking Bad

What did Walter White say to a customer that tried to steal from his bakery?

BREAD LIGHTLY

• Upvote 4

So many curveballs. Skylar's breakdance caught me off guard enough but the slow zoom towards Hank's erect penis really showed what makes this show so special -- glad I waited that bit longer to get it in HD.

That garage scene was amazing. Found the episode lacked a bit of colour before that. I'm glad they've got Hank's working-it-all-out bit done with nice and quickly. From now on I've no idea where this is going, and that's what's so great.

• Upvote 6

*And exhale*

God damn that was intense. So many things in play now and it's all so unpredictable.

• That scene in the garage with Hank trying to bully Walt, the way he always does, then Walt putting him right in his place.
  • The Jesse situation is going to have to be dealt with.
  • Lydia. Are we sure it was Hank who planted the tracker?
  • That pre-credit scene in the house was strangely upsetting. Like when the AV was destroyed that time.

People do. But not Walter White. So we'll disagree on this one and leave it at that.

The same Walter White who made the basic error with the two smart phones? Walter isn't some infallible genius; he's painfully human. And again from real life examples of such small mistakes having catastrophic mistakes are legion.

Anyway, self taught makeup artist does herself up as Walter:

article-0-1B36BAC3000005DC-297_470x575.j

wlaterwhite1sdfsdfsdf.jpg

• Upvote 6

I feel like I know that house inside out and the layout of it. It's such an iconic house and almost all the areas have had multiple major moments in them. Some of the biggest moments have happened in that house in the various rooms. It's even gone into the celler, the basement, fixing rotten woodwork under the house, the bathroom, the extra toilet. Even the front of the house with moments involving fancy cars and pizza. I don't think you get that much focus on a single home in any other drama. It's really one of the characters. So it's upsetting to see such a character ripped apart of all it's character with no dignity at all.

• Upvote 5

My word what great beginning to the end.

As Hank drove along you could almost see each event enter and run across his mind as he remembered them.

Walt was also channeling his inner Gus when Lydia turned up at the car wash wanting him to come back and cook. This was just like the scene when Walt turned up at Los Pollos Hermanos and was frantically chasing Fring for answers.

Oh my GOD that was incredible.

I thought the first half of the episode was pretty slow paced, but the end was...wow. I just wasn't ready for that to escalate like that!

So what do people think the bit at the beginning was about, with the house trashed etc? Is he on the run? If this is just after his birthday, how long after the present stage are we now?

Also - is Walt faking the fact that his cancer is back? Maybe that's why the woman at the beginning was shocked to see him - because he fakes his death and disappears for a while?

• Upvote 1

Also - is Walt faking the fact that his cancer is back?

The chemo drip, the rush to medication, and sickness would say the cancer is back. The hair in the flashbacks would say otherwise.

Also - is Walt faking the fact that his cancer is back?

The chemo drip, the rush to medication, and sickness would say the cancer is back. The hair in the flashbacks would say otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Does that house only have one bathroom?

I thought it was interesting that last season we saw Hank enter the bathroom from the inside, via a reflection in the mirror. This episode the camera is on the other side of the door waiting for him to emerge. Similarly, The shot of Walt hiding the ricin is the reflection of the wardrobe mirror. In this episode we watch him removing it from the opposite corner of the room and the mirror is smashed.

Mirrors.

Significant? Probably not. Or it means Skyler is gonna kill Hank...

FUCK. ME.

The lowering of the garage door froze me with suspense. Easily the most tense thing I've seen since the first chapter of Inglourious Basterds.

Fantastic episode.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

ISWYDT

See, I already suspected that

his cancer was back

because in the montage in 508 they had a shot of

Walt in an MRI machine.

Any other show would have spent 7 1/2 episodes pointlessly following Hank as he pieces together the puzzle. Not Breaking Bad! Fucking jaw to floor at the end there. The 'click - bzzzzzzzzzz' of the garage door was incredible.

As I post at the start of every season of Breaking Bad, I'm so glad this is back.

Effortlessly slipping back into the rhythm of the show. Walt channelling Gus hard at the car wash was maybe my favourite moment, aside from the garage confrontation of course.

Tread lightly was a spine tingle moment. Loved the call back with Lydia confronting him echoing him confronting Fring too.

I can't believe Walt is Jesse's father! He even called him Son!

• Upvote 1

Incredible stuff, as others have said. My favourite shot:

Jesse and Walt on the sofa, with the big bags of cash as a physical barrier between them.

I'm so worried for Jesse :(

• Upvote 1

Any other show would have spent 7 1/2 episodes pointlessly following Hank as he pieces together the puzzle. Not Breaking Bad! Fucking jaw to floor at the end there. The 'click - bzzzzzzzzzz' of the garage door was incredible.

Edit: Contains Sopranos spoilers

I think a lesser show would have, yes, but I don't think Breaking Bad is the only show capable of moving something like that on quickly. IIRC, in the Sopranos they acted pretty fast as soon as they had a suspicion that Pussy was working for the FBI and he was dead within about 2 episodes.

• Upvote 1

The best part was just looking into Hank's eyes as he listened to Walt, it just told you everything!

yt2t.jpg

• Upvote 1