rllmuk
futureshock

Breaking Bad

Wow, the last ten minutes was intense! My heart was pounding, I really thought

hank was gonna die! Did surprise me no one appeared to get shot in that gunfire onslaught though...

I do wonder if he does die though cos it seemed a bit predictable at the point and well breaking back is known to be unpredictable !

Just realised we've still not found out about Gus' past. I'm sure Vince Gilligan said all questions would be answered this season as well...

Whether the rest of your theory is right or not, I will bet money on that bit happening...

...so as to leave the Nazis cookless, as you say. It makes perfect sense from a plot point of view.

The only person we KNOW is walking away from the shootout alive is Walt. Gomie's a goner, for sure. I've definitely got a bad feeling about Hank, especially after the call to Marie. :( The only one whose fate I just can't work out is Jesse. If *any* of the Nazis survive the shootout, he's a dead man for talking to the DEA. Walt can't control them now, even if he wanted to.

It's depressing to think about, but I don't see any way out of that situation that sees Walt still on the streets (albeit on the run) at the time of the flashfoward that doesn't see Hank, Gomie and Jesse all dead.

So, given that, I think we probably now know who the M60 is for, but then what about the ricin?

The ricin is for himself. My guess is he's off on a killing spree that will end with him arrested but before he does that he smokes the ricin knowing that if he doesn't die in whatever shoot out he has planned and gets arrested, he'll die from the ricin.

During that phone call I actually quit out of Netflix and played Diablo III for an hour to calm my nerves. No shit.

• Upvote 4

Mesmerising. The whole sequence from the phone call to the end credits was fucking masterful. I could hardly breathe.

Complete Series on Bluray coming on Nov 26

--Behind-the-Scenes of the Alternate Ending

- Alternate Ending A 3-minute alternate version of how Breaking Bad could have ended.

:/

I thought it was interesting that Hank's (likely) undoing was a Heisenberg-esque choice to call Marie to massage his own ego, rather than call in for backup/transport

Edit - to expand on that, the extra minute might not be enough to save him but he may now also lose the status he craved for catching Heisenberg...

:D I've mentioned this before in the thread but it's funny how many people I hear saying how good the show is after that exact episode! I was the same, right after that episode I was like 'This is the most amazing piece of television EVER'

For me it was the Tucco/Salamanca dinner episode that got so exciting I couldn't calm down, don't think I've ever got up and stood in the middle of the room holding my head to watch anything else like that :lol:

I don't know about Jesse and Walt but I don't think the viewers of this show will ever be the same again. Breaking Bad casts a huge shadow over everything else out there.

While the finale was intense stuff the scene with Walt visiting Andrea and Brock was utterly chilling.

what if Walt did have the baby on the back seat and Jesse is now in his car with with her and after the shooting stops uses her as a hostage to get away? Or he just legs it behind some rocks...either way Jesse to survive along with Walt and Hank plz.

Was Meth Damon's ringtone the theme music from Weird Science?

Just re watched the ending. There's hope for Jesse yet. As Hank and Jack and his guys are squaring up but before the first shot is fired, the last shot we see of Jesse is him slowly reaching for the door handle and opening the door. Walt's car is far enough further back from the SUV and the passenger door is on the blind side, so I'm betting Jesse manages to get out and away before or during all hell breaking loose. Hoping, anyway.

Just to echo what everyone else has said, the last 5-10 minutes are so unbearably tense. You know what's coming, but are frantically hoping and wishing you are wrong.

When Walt sees the cars roll up in the rear view mirror, I actually felt a little bit sick. The realisation of that anxiety, and the knowledge that it's going to definitely end badly. :(

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, this might be a bit too ridiculous but, from another website...

Walt had Holly in his arms at the car wash. He then goes outside to speak to Saul without Holly. Has he put her in the car before speeding off to get Jesse?

pA48kkd.jpg

He doesn't have her when he gets the call from Jesse. This is after Saul has gone and he's inside the car wash at that point so I doubt he left her out in his car all that time.

Prior to tonight the most tense sequence in the show was when Hank was trying to escape from the brothers in the car park, fumbling to load the last bullet into his gun. I can remember standing up shouting at the television 'Come on Hank, COME ON'. Then cheering when he shot the guy.

But this latest episode just took levels of tension off the map. My heart is still hammering here.

gvyvvng.jpg

• Upvote 1

Oh man. What a great episode

So many great things aside from the obvious, like Todd's ringtone

Poor lovely stupid Todd :wub:
  • Upvote 1

Btw, the next ep is directed by Rian 'Looper' Johnson. Showrunner Vince Gilligan says it's the best episode they've ever done. HYPE.

Bleeders spoiler from 3 hours ago regarding the press release for the blu-ray... I think it spoils something pretty fucking major, can it be edited??

it says part of the documentary is Brian Cranston AND Aaron Paul reading the script to the final episode

And obviously I'll delete this too if I'm wrong/right/it pisses anyone off.

Just re watched the ending. There's hope for Jesse yet. As Hank and Jack and his guys are squaring up but before the first shot is fired, the last shot we see of Jesse is him slowly reaching for the door handle and opening the door. Walt's car is far enough further back from the SUV and the passenger door is on the blind side, so I'm betting Jesse manages to get out and away before or during all hell breaking loose. Hoping, anyway.

Well spotted.

I reckon next week, and possibly the remainder of the show, will be set a year from now. The whole mystery now being what happened at the shootout.

How does a show keep getting better and better? I find myself saying that was the best episode yet every single week.

How about this for a theory?

Jesse's faked dead photo, along with Huell's testimony, will have Jesse listed as dead and missing after Hank and Gomez are killed in the drug shoot-out. His faked death will allow him to move on and start a new life after Walt ties up the loose ends with the gang out to kill them both, free from police and drug gangs pursuing him, and will serve as Walt's final act of reconciliation with Pinkman.

• Upvote 1

Good episode. But...

for the amount of munitions being fired from high-calibre weapons towards Hank and wassisname, hiding behind a tin-foil Jeep. They'd be swiss cheese fondue in the sand. A Team levels of suspensended disbelief needed for that one.

• Upvote 1

Good episode. But...

for the amount of munitions being fired from high-calibre weapons towards Hank and wassisname, hiding behind a tin-foil Jeep. They'd be swiss cheese fondue in the sand. A Team levels of suspensended disbelief needed for that one.

Yeah.

I can buy the shotgun shells not being particularly damaging from that range, but there were several pistols over there and the Nazis fired first. Surely one of the first few shots should have hit Hank or Gomie. And with all those shots fired near Walt, he should be dead by now.

Still, I'll allow it. The show has been exceptional overall, so it's allowed a few slip ups here and there.

Good episode. But...

I was thinking this, was hoping some gun geek on here would confirm

I'm also going to the Meth Damon to die theory, Walt kidnapped and Hank killed.

Loved how our emotions were toyed with, as soon as hank rang marie I started thinking he was going to die when the Nazis showed up, my friend thinks that he won't die because of this. I hope so.

Seems that Walt is gunning for the Nazis though at the end.

The fact it ended when it did made me leap out of my chair slap my thighs and scream fuck. No TV show, or film come to think of it, has ever elicited a reaction like that from me. I love Breaking Bad so much. When it's good, it really is the best thing I ever did see. Seems like a weird choice to have all that shooting and no hits - really unbelievable, and probably unnecessary too. Still, how fucking good is this show? The best!

I guess I'm the only one that thought this episode was very weak then? I really don't get the love that episode is getting here.

The writing was so poor in this episode that you could tell what was going to happen almost as soon as it started. There was no tension. Jesse's "plan" was farcical. Only slightly more so than Walt falling for it. Yes, Mr White please drive your GPS enabled phone to the money spot. Thanks Jesse xxx. I didn't realise I'd just tuned into CSI Bitch.

Oh and another ending on a what happens next. Are we really getting this every week? Do the writers have no faith in the story they are trying to tell any more. Shock horror, Landry from FNL shows up with his Nazi uncle and co.

Based on that and last weeks episodes I'm kind of glad there are only three episodes left, as they really do seem to be running out of ideas on how to finish this up based on what they've done in the second half of this season.

• Upvote 5