IGNORED

Breaking Bad

futureshock

40 minutes ago, ZOK said:

If you've not watched The Shield or The Wire, why in the name of all that is holy are you getting into Sons of Anarchy?!

Because its not on Netflix or Amazon prime as far as I can see,

Sounds like I need to get on the case though.

As is Mad Men imo, but it's a very different kind of show and takes some investment to get through it as it's not as "hooky".

Sons of Anarchy I managed to get through it without quitting, it can go from fantastic to terrible from scene to scene, but is still thoroughly watchable.

The Walking Dead I've given up on twice, once halfway through S2 iirc, and was talked back into. Then gave up start of last series after a few episodes in the walled village. Only liked the first series and the prison series (up to a point).

Game of Thrones is very watchable and fun, but it's very cheesy at times and some of the acting isn't exactly great.

Has The Shield gone from Netflix then? That's a damn shame!

The Wire is sometimes on Now TV, you can get three months for like £2.99 a month is you join and then cancel. First month is like a pound or something as well.

True Detective season started out amazing but I didn't like the ending at all. Heard a lot of bad things about season 2 so I haven't watched that yet.

Fargo is brilliant, both of its seasons. If any of you haven't watched that yet, get on that stat! It's the best thing I've seen since BB.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, it's been a long time coming, but I've finally finished a marathon; reading all 201 pages of this amazing thread about this amazing show.

I watched S1 and S2 a few years back and really enjoyed it, but somehow never got to finish it off until the last couple of weeks, where I've been spending my evenings and travelling time catching up with the gang.

What a fantastic piece of work this was! I can't think of anything that I didn't like; the premise, the characters, even Skyler (Skylar!!), the writing, cinematography and soundtrack, those little touches that I never noticed until reading about them in here.

There are so many "HOLY SHIT!" moments; those ones that make you yell and get up off your seat and moments that make you grin like a loon, but also peppered throughout, those sad times, especially for Jesse (Jessie!!), where, just when it looks like he's found a small trace of happiness in his life, it is snuffed out ruthlessly.

I think Mike and Gus are two of my favourite supporting characters in any show now. Saul gets an honourary mention too. I loved the S3 and S4 story arc with Gus and the mind-blowing finale.

I'd seen a lot of the reaction gifs ("Nothing stops this train!", Jesse drinking water, "You got me!", "You're goddamn right!", "He can't keep getting away with it!") in so many other contexts, it was brilliant to see them in the show.

Also, I never realised there was a break in S5 until I read about it in here. :)

Now to get the blu-ray set and a rewatch...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There's a movie in the works. But it's not clear where it fits in or who, if any, of the original characters are in it. All that's really known is that Gilligan is writing it and it will be shot in New Mexico under the working title Greenbrier. Not sure if it's for TV or cinema either.

I'm not sure what Greenbrier means. Google shows a rail wagon manufacturer and somewhere with lush green landscapes in West Virginia which probably wouldn't be shot in New Mexico.

Yes, to show they have made a successful spinoff already, after you literally asked. So why can't they again? Why make some weird hypothetical with BCS as a movie when whatever they are doing would be designed to be a movie from the start?