Breaking Bad

futureshock

What a series so far, it just gets better every week.

The whole pool scene seemed so tense, like the mood was going to change at any moment. Fantastic writing I cannot praise breaking bad enough. :omg:

I cannot wait to see how the final episodes play out.

Is it plausible that when Gus took his pill/antidote beforehand, Jesse had made his play with the ricin? Out of the three Jesse was the one most at risk (the Mexicans not knowing who he was) and he came out of it totally unscathed.

Of course Gus wasn't dead like the others so on the other hand he probably expected to get some of the effects of the poison and the only unexpected result was Mike getting shot.

But Gus was out for revenge on that one. He has loyalty for his men but I think he just used Jesse and the meth as an 'in' to get his own back and there was nothing more to it. Mexican guy dying in the pool symbolic of Gus' old partner's death closes it off nicely.

Nice idea but didn't Walt say the poison would take a couple of days to take effect?

What an awesome episode, though. Surprised Don Eladio would drink anything that Gus gave him, though. And what nationality was Maurice from 24 supposed to be in that ep? Was he playing his English self?

Like the final few episodes in the third season, I'm buzzed after watching that. And I watched it three hours ago. And The Great British Bake-off after it. But I read everyone's comments and I'm buzzed again. I am Badger.

Fuck, I love this show.

Have a look at this gif. Does anyone think

Mike is bringing his gun around to shoot Jessie before he gets shot?

1316461503516.gif

I don't think he is. Look at how his head turns too far to his left, like he's already turning away from Jesse before getting hit with the bullet, basically in the middle of doing a quick defensive sweep before getting in the car. If he was for aiming for Jesse he would have kept his eye on him.

I don't think that Mike's doing that in the GIF, but

it wouldn't surprise me if they had him move a certain way just to add a little tension for the viewers, to wonder for a split-second if Jessie was about to be shot. I don't think that we're supposed to believe it was his intent, more just a very short visual contribution to the tension. All part of the excellent tapestry of the show.

Finally caught up with this. It's amazing to think back to season 1 - all the concerns the characters had seem petty in comparison to where they are now. The writers do a wonderful job of ratcheting it up each season, but keeping it somehow consistent and believable.

Have a look at this gif. Does anyone think

Mike is bringing his gun around to shoot Jessie before he gets shot?

1316461503516.gif

As soon as I saw that while watching the episode, I knew some people would think that.

I don't think he was. At all.

If Gus had wanted him dead, he wouldn't have stopped him from drinking the poison.

As soon as I saw that while watching the episode, I knew some people would think that.

I don't think he was. At all.

If Gus had wanted him dead, he wouldn't have stopped him from drinking the poison.

I'm with you on that. Jesse's stock has just very much gone up in the world.

Especially if he manages to save the two of them. Gus will definitely live, but I'm pretty sure that Mike is going to die. They're in the middle of the desert and it looks very much like he has been shot in the stomach, which means his chances of survival are next to nothing.

Thought it was meant to take ages to die from a gut shot, painful but not a quick death

?

If you get shot in the stomach then you have about 10 minutes to live until your stomach acid spills out and eats through your major organs. Apparently it's one of the most painful ways to die because you can literally feel your insides dissolving.

I suppose if he got hit in the intestines he'd be in a much better position, but the bullet looked like it hit him really low down. I just watched it back and apart from the few frames where he does get shot, they don't actually show the wound on camera before the episode ends, so I guess we'll find out his fate at the same time next week!