IGNORED

Breaking Bad

futureshock

Mike and Jessie are definitely the 'good guys'. I think they are going to team up once Jessie realises how insane Walt is and maybe the machine gun is for Walt to take on Mike, Jessie and their crew.

It was interesting seeing Walt with Brock. I was half expecting Brock to recognise him or something.

Mike and Jessie are definitely the 'good guys'. I think they are going to team up once Jessie realises how insane Walt is and maybe the machine gun is for Walt to take on Mike, Jessie and their crew.

It was interesting seeing Walt with Brock. I was half expecting Brock to recognise him or something.

Don't you think that side-eye to Brock was a covert warning?

Brilliant again, this show really can't do no wrong.

loved the Scarface scene. :lol:

Awesome foreshadowing, considering the cold open to Episode 1 of this season. Whets the appetite. Of course, because this is BB, there's no way it'll actually end up being that!

Breaking Bad has the best cold opens of any show by an absolute country mile. Every one of them is a mini adventure!

Don't you think that side-eye to Brock was a covert warning?

Yeah I did consider it and the fact that he ignored Walt when he tried saying hello, but then why would he not blurt out to his mum something about it.

Can someone explain to me in terms a simpleton would understand exactly how the Lily of the Valley poisoning took place? I understand that Walt took the cigarette from Jesse after visiting him... why wouldn't Jesse notice this was gone? And why would Walt need to take that step to make Jesse suspect Gus? Wouldn't that moment draw more attention to Walt? When would Gus even get the opportunity? When was Saul there to do it, and how? I doubt Brock would even know Walt was responsible for his hospitalisation.

Anyway. What an excellent episode, again. Bring on more Hank.

Can someone explain to me in terms a simpleton would understand exactly how the Lily of the Valley poisoning took place? I understand that Walt took the cigarette from Jesse after visiting him... why wouldn't Jesse notice this was gone? And why would Walt need to take that step to make Jesse suspect Gus? Wouldn't that moment draw more attention to Walt? When would Gus even get the opportunity? When was Saul there to do it, and how? I doubt Brock would even know Walt was responsible for his hospitalisation.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is something we find out later this season. They seem quite fond of retrospectively telling the audience stuff. But basically:

Hywel lifted the cigarette off Jesse when he patted him down, with his big fat fingers. Then Saul gave it to Walt, who at some point poisoned Brock. Walt did it because Gus has prior history of killing children, mostly, I guess. That whole sub-plot wasn't the best done, to my mind.

Huell took the cigarette from Jesse while frisking him when he went to see Saul. Jesse did notice it was gone after Brock was poisoned, and accused Walt of taking it and poisoning Brock with it (ie. he figured some of it out, but not the Lily of the Valley bit) and threatened to shoot Walt. Walt then did one of his manipulative routines to convince Jesse that the only person who has history with killing children for his own ends was Gus - this was Walt's massive gamble to get Jesse back on side with him. Then, when it was revealed that the poison wasn't ricin after Gus had been killed, Jesse still hadn't found the cigarette - which Walt then managed to put in Jesse's house inside the moving vaccuum thing to convince him that he had indeed simply lost it and it hadn't been stolen.

But but but...

Why bother going through the risk of taking the cigarrette in the first place? It seems like a big risk that would point the blame on no-one but Walt. Maybe Jesse would have just thought Brock was ill had the ricin not been missing?

But but but...

Why bother going through the risk of taking the cigarrette in the first place? It seems like a big risk that would point the blame on no-one but Walt. Maybe Jesse would have just thought Brock was ill had the ricin not been missing?

That's exactly it:

If Jesse had still had the cigarette, then he would never have thought that Brock would have been poisoned with ricin - and it was the sheer despicableness of a child being poisoned with that just to get at Jesse, that eventually convinced him to side with Walt. Remember - the cigarette was supposed to be used to kill Gus, so it was believable that he'd pay Jesse back by killing the child that Jesse become a bit of a father figure to, if he found out. And that's what Walt's hugely risky gambit was planned to convince Jesse of. Walt was dead without Jesse's help, and Jesse was firmly with Team Gus at the time.

Does anyone else like how Mike losing all his money and having to kill those guys is indirectly caused by Walt. As in, the laptop was encrypted and (if walt had thought about it for a while) probably designed to be extremely hard to break in to, gus being extremely cautious and all. In all probability the laptop would have been of no use to the police However the magnet did dislodge the picture, revealing the bank account details, which the police would never have otherwise found. I don't know if that was deliberate or not on the bahalf of the writers, but it's another example of walt's destructive influence.

well, it`s a recurring theme throughout the series, they could have called it "ironic Consequences : The show"

ta for that chaps

doesn't usenet work out about a tenner a month though? that's a bit much for the occasional episode of this or that (I'm not much of a user these days you see)

And by that, I mean legally purchase the official boxed set many months after the series has aired in the US.

well yes of course, it goes without saying - as I'm sure we all do after having previewed the content ^_^

Usenet doesn't need to cost a tenner a month either. I use Astraweb's PAYG service. Had been using $25 for 180GB, but they've got also got 1TB for $50 now too. There's no time limit for using it, so if it's just occasional stuff, that $25 or $50 will last ages.

Usenet doesn't need to cost a tenner a month either. I use Astraweb's PAYG service. Had been using $25 for 180GB, but they've got also got 1TB for $50 now too. There's no time limit for using it, so if it's just occasional stuff, that $25 or $50 will last ages.

ooh that sounds better

Ah sorry, I didn't register that isohunt was torrents. Yes, usenet costs but, you know, torrents lol.

By the time I get home from work, the latest 720p Game of thrones/Breaking bad normally comes down in about 20-30 minutes. I can live with it :)

any idea how to get 'em??

You can get normal or 720p direct downloads from places like scnsrc or rlslog for free, if you didn't fancy usenet.

Obviously I plan to buy all the seasons when it finishes :(

That cook montage was good but the Walt+Gale superlab and 4 Days Out ones are still my favourites.