IGNORED

Breaking Bad

futureshock

New ep was ok but nowhere near enough Jesse and Mike.

And what am I missing regarding Skyler -

if she wants rid of Walt so badly why can't she just go to Hank and have him sent down?

No way to do that without implicating herself - I think.

These Breaking Bad comics crack me up.

aP802.jpg

Re the cinematography, I loved how in this episode:

In the first scene after Walt and Walt Jnr bought their cars and were sat around the table, Skyler was bathed in light while those two were shrouded in darkness. Light as a character metaphor may be a bit on-the-nose but it's so classily done in Breaking Bad that it works.

And what am I missing regarding Skyler -

if she wants rid of Walt so badly why can't she just go to Hank and have him sent down?

As SR says, she would implicate herself with everything since she accepted to launder money for Walt instead of calling the cops, plus there's the Ted IRS stuff. Hank would probably lose his job too for having his med bills paid and being so close to Walt and not realising (like his boss lost his job because of Gus). Skyler would lose the kids and is out of options like she said to Walt, so he'll be trying to control her even more because now he's a massive arsehole.

Walt's birthdays from 50-52!:

1344276870085.jpg

That was so awkward by the pool.

Also ;_;

1344267358139.jpg

s5e04

That bedroom scene is up there with the very best in the show. Most of my favourite scenes in this show are often the cheap ones. Bryan Cranston is so good.

I try not to think about where it's going too much. I just let it take me.

the clock is ticking! Another superb episode and the return of the Heisenberg hat signals Walt truly has turned into a monster, the character we have rooted for for 5 seasons is now the one you want dead.

I see the Walt and skyler theme being the focus of the first half of the series, with Walt going on the run sometime in the second half next year.

Also the baby was in pink again...

As SR says, she would implicate herself with everything since she accepted to launder money for Walt instead of calling the cops, plus there's the Ted IRS stuff. Hank would probably lose his job too for having his med bills paid and being so close to Walt and not realising (like his boss lost his job because of Gus). Skyler would lose the kids and is out of options like she said to Walt, so he'll be trying to control her even more because now he's a massive arsehole.

I'd really have thought that someone providing critical information to the DEA about someone as highly sought after as Heisenberg would be given some immunity from prosecution. And as for Hank, wouldn't he get the credit for apprehending him?

It also seems a bit of a stretch to me that everything that's happened so far has taken place in just one year.

Walt always seems to somehow engineer the death of the primary antagonist whenever someone is lined up against him, right? Well, isn't skylar shaping up to be his primary antagonist this series?

Yep. That would be a pretty epic mid-season finale, eh?

I'd really have thought that someone providing critical information to the DEA about someone as highly sought after as Heisenberg would be given some immunity from prosecution. And as for Hank, wouldn't he get the credit for apprehending him?

Yeah true. I guess she's holding back because she still doesn't want Walt Jr to know, and thinks now that Walt's a capable killer (in her mind) he could (and may well) eliminate her before she talks. I need to stop speculating so much :/

Holy shit just a had thought (pure speculation)

Who's just started smoking a shit ton again? And what's behind the light switch?

Good call.

Also, less likely but possible:

Perhaps Mike helped Jessie pick out a watch for Walt. And maybe now there's a little more to that watch than we think.

Probably not, but it seemed an interesting object to introduce right now. Of course it served a purpose building characters but it made me think that there might be more to it than that.

Love this show, the writers' ideas are so good it makes you question everything.

the clock is ticking! Another superb episode and the return of the Heisenberg hat signals Walt truly has turned into a monster, the character we have rooted for for 5 seasons is now the one you want dead.

I see the Walt and skyler theme being the focus of the first half of the series, with Walt going on the run sometime in the second half next year.

Also the baby was in pink again...

Want Walt dead? I don't feel that way at all. I want Skyler dead. She bores me and is in the way. :D

Good call.

Also, less likely but possible:

Perhaps Mike helped Jessie pick out a watch for Walt. And maybe now there's a little more to that watch than we think.

Probably not, but it seemed an interesting object to introduce right now. Of course it served a purpose building characters but it made me think that there might be more to it than that.

Love this show, the writers' ideas are so good it makes you question everything.

A literal ticking time bomb!

I took the watch to signify a count down to oblivion, Walt and skyler have cross a line which neither of them can come back from so somethign has got to give. It also ties in with the bacon birthdays and the flash forward to his next birthday. All very ominious

Holy shit just a had thought (pure speculation)

Who's just started smoking a shit ton again? And what's behind the light switch?

The ricin wasn't in the cigarette as a delivery mechanism, just to hide it. It's in the glass container, so it might not even kill you if you smoke the cigarette. And anyway, it's out of the cigarettes entirely now. Basically I'm just saying that Skylar's smoking has nothing to do with whether Walt kills her with the ricin.

A stretch perhaps?

90276361.png

I didn't know what you meant by that at first, but I just watched the latest episode and oh god oh god etc. Though... was the first episode of the new series' cold open really his 52nd birthday? I don't know why he'd be doing that with the bacon otherwise, but he shows a fake New Hampshire ID to the Denny's waitress who then addresses him by another name as he leaves. I guess he might well have kept his own DoB on there.

Breaking Bad is excellent.