IGNORED

Rllmuk's Official Sales Figures Thread

Boyatsea

Uncharted has a good rise there, but no PS3 titles in the top ten. Ouch.

Went into town today, and there was actually Wiis in stock all over Colchester. They were only being sold in bundles though, so while I was tempted, I held out. Heh.

Same here! I was surprised to see a BIG stack of them behind the counter in Woolies. Picked up Galaxy and Sonic & Mario, but then thought I might as well wait until the New Year.

‘Mario & Sonic’ however is selling over twice as many units as the next best performing Wii game ‘Super Mario Galaxy’

Unless SMG has major 'legs', M&S is going to stomp all over it in terms of sales :D

I have a sneaky feeling CoD4 maybe the christmas number 1, with the GS offer this week. It was being offered at odds of 18/1 but seems both Ladbrokes and Paddypower have withdrawn betting on it ;)

There doesn't seem to be any copies of Super Mario Galaxy anywhere around here at the moment. I wonder why Nintendo are often so poor at gauging demand for their games

Aye, was going to say the same thing. It seems to be permanently sold out in shops near me. My brother-in-law managed to get a Wii for his family for Christmas (which I thought was the hard bit), but says he's really hoping to try and get "that Mario Galaxy game" as well, which he couldn't find in stock anywhere.

Unfortunately not.

Some of the 'Pro' models still use the old Zephyr chipset.

As far as my limited knowledge goes, chipsets are diferent to heatsinks. There were two alterations made to the newer 360 versions, the first was improving the heatsink on the GPU to keep it cooler, which the majority of RRoD's were supposedly caused by. The second was a fab size reduction of the CPU down from 90nm to 65nm, also making it cooler and more efficient. All of the latest versions have the new heatsink in an attempt to get rid of RRoD, however as you say and though I wasn't aware of it, not all of them have the cooler running fab. Judging by what I have just said, the vast majority of newer consoles should no longer suffer from the problem as a result, but it would be interesting to find out for sure.

Unless SMG has major 'legs', M&S is going to stomp all over it in terms of sales ;)

I have a sneaky feeling CoD4 maybe the christmas number 1, with the GS offer this week. It was being offered at odds of 18/1 but seems both Ladbrokes and Paddypower have withdrawn betting on it :D

there's no way CoD4 is going to be Christmas number 1. Even if M&S sales dip - you seem to forget that it has to also beat the might Brain Training games.

Nintendo to have Christmas 1, 2 and 3

MOST AMAZING SCENES OF EVER

and LOL MS - that'll learn you for selling me a dodgy xbox. :D

1. (Wii) Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - Sega

2. (Nintendo DS) Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training - Nintendo

3. (Nintendo DS) More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima - Nintendo

4. (Xbox 360) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Activision

5. (Wii) Super Mario Galaxy - Nintendo

6. (Xbox 360) Assassin's Creed - Ubisoft

7. (PlayStation 2) Need for Speed: ProStreet - Electronic Arts

8. (Wii) WiiPlay - Nintendo

9. (Wii) Mario Party 8 - Nintendo

10. (Wii) Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - Nintendo

To go along with this, VGChartz' UK estimates: -

Nintendo DS - 208,722

Wii - 104,491

Xbox 360 - 74,182

PlayStation 3 - 49,246

PSP - 45,768

PlayStation 2 - 34,778

Game Boy Advance - 3,464

VGChartz' Europe & Other estimates: -

Nintendo DS - 687,992

Wii - 349,770

PlayStation 3 - 257,325

PlayStation 2 - 237,696

PSP - 214,993

Xbox 360 - 172,401

Game Boy Advance - 25,384

I had no idea the 360 was doing so badly in Euro land... seems almost a bit strange that PS3 would ahve overtaken like that.... we're getting back to the days of Mega Drive and SNES when each region had it's own favourite as opposed to the one ring to rule them all approach of the PS2.

This transition period is going to be harder and harder for devco's to know what the main largest installed userbase will be... or everyone will do a Squeenix and just release DS games...

I had no idea the 360 was doing so badly in Euro land... seems almost a bit strange that PS3 would ahve overtaken like that.... we're getting back to the days of Mega Drive and SNES when each region had it's own favourite as opposed to the one ring to rule them all approach of the PS2.

Almost.

Apart from the fact that Wii is ruling in much the same way as PS2 did. :D

If Nintendo bump the power of their next system up to around that of the current HD consoles, then devs/publishers should have a pretty painless transition. They'll have already done most of ground work this gen with the 360 and PS3! :D

If Nintendo bump the power of their next system up to around that of the current HD consoles, then devs/publishers should have a pretty painless transition. They'll have already done most of ground work this gen with the 360 and PS3! :P

That'll be nice after all the pain they're currently feeling when it comes to deciding which platform to support. :(

That'll be nice after all the pain they're currently feeling when it comes to deciding which platform to support. :P

That will be a right finger in the eye for MS and Sony if Nintendo do that and then Nintendo becomes the big HD console way after the other two have been out... especially after Sony's 'next gen doesn't start until we say so' malarkey.

That latest UK chart is amazing. At this time of year, for there to be seven Nintendo-format exclusives in the Top 10 (and five of those on the Wii) is a major sign of just how much the balance of power has shifted over the last 12 months. Sega must be rubbing its hands with glee at Mario and Sonic's sales (and it's weird that even in the combined multi-format chart it's still on top - its sales must be huge). And it's lovely to see Mario Galaxy moving on up after five weeks on sale.

It's weird that people are surprised/upset that Mario & Sonic is outselling Mario Galaxy.

One of them is aimed at the Wii demographic, the other at the Gamecube demographic. It's hardly rocket science figuring out which is going to sell better, and what's interesting is how sales of the two really show the differences between the three big regions.

The other thing that is interesting is that increasingly Wii games are being complimented (yes complimented) on their graphics. The latest Edge springs to mind with its review of SMG, comments on Sonic & Mario and preview of Super Smash Bros Brawl. Being able to snear at the crap Wii graphics had perhaps until now been a very fashionable sport in the MS and Sony marketing departments.

Record-breaking week for Nintendo in the UK last week.

All the predictions of a bumper Christmas for Nintendo in the UK seem to be proving accurate, with news that its consoles are selling in record numbers.

The DS has now broken the previous UK weekly hardware sales figure twice this month, shifting 185,000 in the first week and over 200,000 last week.

Meanwhile the Wii also sold over 100,000 units last week, demonstrating a decent supply of stock even if there's still not enough to satisfy demand.

Additionally the Wii is thought to have surpassed the Xbox 360's installed base in the UK this month.

Blimey.