IGNORED

Rllmuk's Official Sales Figures Thread

Boyatsea

Its certainly looking pretty good for Nintendo this Christmas, I don't quite understand where these 200k DS sale reports for last week are coming from though.

Christmas No. 1 will be very interesting, theres a chance Mario and Sonic can cling onto it but its surely more likely to end up as one of the EA franchises.

no chance is an EA game going to make it - not now. If anything, the only danger is from Call of Duty 4... but both Brain Training games are outselling it as well.

While Nintendo's comeback is great for the Nintendo fans, the fact that software quality dosent appear to matter to their new audience is a concern. Sure, Wii Sports was good, but I hear Mario & Sonic is'nt & yet it's selling loads.

If the new adience the Wii is drawing in is'nt concerned about software quality, why should the developers?

it certainly makes a difference from the latest need for speed at the top though doesn't it.

think about what it represents.... Mario and Sonic, together, at the top of the charts. At Christmas. If that isn't a strong message of peace and goodwill to all men, I don't know what is.

I'll be rolling out Sonic and Mario whenever I hear the same old '3rd party software doesn't sell' argument.

Just for arguments sake (and the fact the game has fucking Mario in it)

How well do you think Bubsy the Bobcat and Zool at the Olympics would sell?

While Nintendo's comeback is great for the Nintendo fans, the fact that software quality dosent appear to matter to their new audience is a concern. Sure, Wii Sports was good, but I hear Mario & Sonic is'nt & yet it's selling loads.

If the new adience the Wii is drawing in is'nt concerned about software quality, why should the developers?

it certainly makes a difference from the latest need for speed at the top though doesn't it.

think about what it represents.... Mario and Sonic, together, at the top of the charts. At Christmas. If that isn't a strong message of peace and goodwill to all men, I don't know what is.

Probably being helped by the fact that it seems to be the defacto bundle in game for every Wii I've seen on sale in this country.

This. If MySims were being bundled in it'd be the number 1 title.

Wow. The not Galaxy Mario game at the top of the charts, featuring the physical embodiment of Sega's current inability to do anything good with their oldest IP, in a game set at an Olympics seemingly built on slave labour.

no chance is an EA game going to make it - not now. If anything, the only danger is from Call of Duty 4... but both Brain Training games are outselling it as well.

I certainly hope not, my money's on Mario and Sonic. I'm just not sure theres enough stock in trade for it. I wonder how the Gamestation deal on Call of Duty will shake things up?

Wow. The not Galaxy Mario game at the top of the charts, featuring the physical embodiment of Sega's current inability to do anything good with their oldest IP, in a game set at an Olympics seemingly built on slave labour.

Don't shatter his dreams, it was made by a super hybrid team of crack programmers from Nintendo and Sega who they'd kept in the basement since the SNES/Megadrive days and every day at two Miyamoto would come in with a basket of muffins for them.

Actually I think Mario & Sonic is selling well because plenty of people think it'll be fun, particularly in multiplayer over the holidays. Even my wife saw the advert and said it looked like a good laugh.

To be honest it's not a bad game. It may not be a classic, but it's better than most of the franchised crap that tends to shift around this time of year.

Mario & Sonic, although not exactly high brow is a good game for what it is. Hyper Sports, Track & Field all those old classics were bloody winners at the time and they still got a play between me and mates just for a good laugh but if you can't batter two buttons really quickly, you could easily be beaten. Mario & sonic doesn't have such a clear easy to win, you can still balls up the angle of throws or your technique in the swimming or rowing and stuff.

It's just a damn good party game. Better than Wii Sports I'd say...

Its certainly looking pretty good for Nintendo this Christmas, I don't quite understand where these 200k DS sale reports for last week are coming from though.

Christmas No. 1 will be very interesting, theres a chance Mario and Sonic can cling onto it but its surely more likely to end up as one of the EA franchises.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29170/DS-smashes...hardware-record

Last week Nintendo’s handheld sold 212,584 units – a fair chunk more than the previous weeks sales record of 191,104, according to sales data from UK stats body ChartTrack.

Until now the PS2 had been the long-standing record holder, following the 184,360 units it sold in Christmas week in 2001.

It's been close at the top for software sales for the past 2 weeks, if Nintendo can supply enough Wiis this week, M&S should be able to hold on to the top spot, otherwise it'll be EA's mediocre trio versus the Acti-Blizz FPS.

212k is for week 48, 191k is for week 47. Last week was week 50. I have the ChartTrack reports for that.

Interesting, so the DS increased week-on-week, rather than a dip then this new figure that was released. Care to share wether it's carried on increasing? also anychance of revealing the spread of sales between 1st place and 10th place on the software chart?

I didn't think anyone here actually had access to ChartTrack data :P

Its very odd reporting, ChartTracks data isn't exactly hard to understand.

I don't mind commenting on publicly available data but theres various contractual obligations that mean I wouldn't like to be the person to reveal things I'm not meant to - Sorry.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29170/DS-smashes...hardware-record

It's been close at the top for software sales for the past 2 weeks, if Nintendo can supply enough Wiis this week, M&S should be able to hold on to the top spot, otherwise it'll be EA's mediocre trio versus the Acti-Blizz FPS.

but my point is - if it's NOT Mario and Sonic because of supply problems, it's going to be the Brain Training games.

Neither EA or Activision will be able to beat those - as they're mostly bundled along with the biggest selling console.

It demonstrates that M&S must be doing huge numbers...

No they're not. While we use the Individual Formats chart here, the actual official Christmas #1 is decided using the All Formats chart, which - according to last week's chart - stands like this: -

1. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - (Wii)

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360/PlayStation 3)

3. FIFA 08 (Every format known to man)

4. Need for Speed: ProStreet (Ditto)

5. The Simpsons Game (And again)

No they're not. While we use the Individual Formats chart here, the actual official Christmas #1 is decided using the All Formats chart, which - according to last week's chart - stands like this: -

1. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - (Wii)

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360/PlayStation 3)

3. FIFA 08 (Every format known to man)

4. Need for Speed: ProStreet (Ditto)

5. The Simpsons Game (And again)

I'm confused.

Anyway... M&S FTW 3RD PARTY WII GAME CHRISTMAS NUMBER 1.

I've just spent 3 looooong hours trapsing around town doing Christmas shopping. What a way to spend a day off :P

Anyways, the whole town is Wii crazy - I saw so many people carrying them around and in every shop from Woolies to Argos to Game people were buying them and...dum de dum...everyone seemed to be getting it with Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. That game is going to make SEGA a bloody fortune.

I also noticed that in Game people were being made to buy The Golden Compass with the Wii - so I expect that will do okay, as well.

I've just spent 3 looooong hours trapsing around town doing Christmas shopping. What a way to spend a day off :P

Anyways, the whole town is Wii crazy - I saw so many people carrying them around and in every shop from Woolies to Argos to Game people were buying them and...dum de dum...everyone seemed to be getting it with Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. That game is going to make SEGA a bloody fortune.

I also noticed that in Game people were being made to buy The Golden Compass with the Wii - so I expect that will do okay, as well.

I think tons of Wiis have been delivered this week - loads of shops and online places seem to have them in.

it's SO EXCITING!

I've got Mario and Sonic for my Christmas as well, and I'm really looking forward to have a right laugh with it.

I'm confused.

Anyway... M&S FTW 3RD PARTY WII GAME CHRISTMAS NUMBER 1.

It's not really that difficult. You're quoting the individual formats chart, but the official christmas #1 will be the game that tops the all formats chart. So Brain Training isn't going to make it. It's a three way split between M&S, CoD4 and FIFA if MCV's reports are anything to go buy. Just 2,000 units between them.