Rugby thread (6 Nations, Heineken Cup etc)

16 minutes ago, McFly said:

Its a tough decision what to do. God knows what will happen to serious amateur players who carry on regardless. I saw something about steroid use is rampant lower down, players wanting to "make it" pro. Dunno how accurate that it is but wouldnt surprise me.

Yes, I read a report a while back and it seems most lads in Wales who are transitioning from local clubs to semi-pro are using whatever they can to get an edge. 

• 2 weeks later...

Steroids are rife in Welsh rugby. 

I should have quit playing when I got my first major shoulder injury at 25 and the Dr told me after the op to stop. 6 years later and 2 more shoulder ops along with knee injuries and a few dislocated and broken fingers I was told in no uncertain terms if I carry on I'll lose control of an arm at least. 

It's a brutal sport and I loved it but hindsight is a Bitch and I wish I gave up earlier because I know I'm going to pay for it later down the road. 

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the Oz vs. All Blacks game last week which was fun. Both teams looked average but as usual the ABs had a few moments of magic that transformed the game. Naholo and Barrett in particular.

This weeks game was insane. The Wallabies were much improved but so were the All Blacks. Oh, and B Barrett scored 4 Tries from fly half. This guy is something else. Dan carter? Who? ;)

• 1 month later...

God, as much as I dislike Saracens I hope they wipe the floor with Glasgow. What's with the Scottish crowds booing the kicker? It's like football. 

I love watching the Irish teams in the Champions Cup, they seem to find a totally different level. Leinster brushed Wasps aside like a second tier team, Ulster - who let's remember got 60+ points put on them by Munster a few weeks ago - beat an admittedly not great Leicester side, and Munster - currently fourth in conference A - drew away with a team who have won six from six and only dropped a point all season in the prem. Exeter are my team and as irritating as it was, it's still class to see. 

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

Wales looking in absolute control of this game, Scotland are just getting smashed backwards. 

Everytime we try and threaten Wales repulse us pretty straightforwardly. Hastings missing touch with tjat penalty right away set the tone for us.

Davies was brilliant for Wales. Again. 

He really is “world-class” and would be in my world XV without a doubt. He’s been consistently brilliant since he started his international career but somehow still flys a little under the radar.

Watching it live I thought Farrell had put the shoulder in. On the first replay it definitely looked like he had attempted the tackle as his arms were going around, and it ended up as a collision because of the movement of the South African player.

Its purely a hunch based on nothing solid. Scotland v Fiji could be super open and entertaining but we, Scotland, are a 9 - 1 favourite iirc so thats usually a kiss of death <_<

Wales could win i agree and i fancy Arg over Ireland too.

Wales should win but that’s been true so many times over the last 10 years and rarely happened. Still, I’m optimistic too. 

I’m not an England fan so I find it hard to root for them over the All Blacks but they are always capable of causing an ‘upset’. It would be typical England to be on the slide and then pull a great win out of the bag.