Rugby thread (6 Nations, Heineken Cup etc)

Man, I thought Leicester were gonna get a hiding last night from Ulster but no! Amazing comeback and into the European Challenge Cup final! They are a bit up and down it's hard to predict what team will appear to be too optimistic.

So, the Lions squad has been announced! Some big surprises, at least for me. No Billy, Jon Davies or Sinkler but places for Johnny Hill, Lawes, Andrew Porter, Bundee Aki and Chris Harris.

Great to see Simonds included. 

Getting excited now, can’t wait for the tour to kick-off.

Yeah, there is a few surprises in there, I had 10 England players down to go, although my list was a bit different to those selected! 

From an English perspective Hill is probably a bit of a surprise, although his form for Exeter has been excellent. Daly is definitely a surprise although I think it's fair to say he only goes because of North's injury and his versatility at covering all backs positions (as well as a hell of a left boot). Maybe a bit surprised at Mako going.

For the players that missed out I think maybe only Sinckler and Underhill i'd consider unlucky (again, from an English perspective). If Tuilagi plays before the end of the season I suspect the three of them will be near the top of the call up list if there are any injuries though.

He's there because of his versatility to slot in at 3 different places, you look at Gatlands choices and it's clear he's going for power and utility throughout the squad.