Mario Kart Wii

Capwn

most of the experts are on nunchuk + wiimote now, i notice most ladders have the wheelers at the bottom

I challenge any n + w users to a TT using a wheel.

The rules: Mario + the third kart (Wild Wing, or whatever it's called).

You first angel?

most of the experts are on nunchuk + wiimote now, i notice most ladders have the wheelers at the bottom

what does that mean?

most of the points ladders at the end of the race have all the wheel symbol people at the bottom, old bean

I wouldn't equate too much with that... most of the people who play this *more* and are better at games in general - i.e.. most of the 'hardcore' have gone straight to using n+w controls.

most of the points ladders at the end of the race have all the wheel symbol people at the bottom, old bean

ah right, i understand now.

so, how do i unlock the mirror tracks?

And it's just the most relaxing set-up. I like to just sit back, keep my arms resting on my knees, steering and chucking items with my left hand and accelerating / drifting / stunting with my right. Aside from the controls, the whole Wii Remote + Nunchuk set-up is revolutionary in terms of comfort too.

Just unlocked two more karts by doing some 150cc GPs and TTs: the

Dragonetti

and the

B Dasher Mk 2

. I love both the way those machines look and drive, though the latter is more for the straights, really. I think it'll come in handy tonight.

Complete 150cc.

i have, but it's not unlocked it. i've only got silver and bronze on some of the cups so far, so do i need to get gold on them all?

I must admit the wiimote/nunchuk has become so natural now that im going to tackle MP3, something i had been putting off. I still prefer a lightgun for shooting games, but its a comfy little fella.

I knew you'd come round Angel... welcome to the fold. ;)

btw - you *will* have to sit further from the screen to play MP3. It uses the pointer so you need to make sure you're comfy with moving the pointer around the screen quickly at your position.

I knew you'd come round Angel... welcome to the fold. ;)

btw - you *will* have to sit further from the screen to play MP3. It uses the pointer so you need to make sure you're comfy with moving the pointer around the screen quickly at your position.

i can get pretty close, it was the gun nature of HOTD that had it pointed out of range. i sit 3 feet back for karts..

Some things I just noticed in the last GP I played:

Starman does protect against blue shell (it got dropped from a lightning bolted person in a previous lap) kind of obvious but what I didnt know was:

The giant mushroom protects against the blue shell too and if you're hit by a lightning bolt reverts you to normal size rather than tiny.

The lightning bolts 'shrink' is relative to your position (1st - 12th) although thats an old one.

Anyone else come across these little things? Someone else mentioned the thundercloud making you go faster.

I thought the thundercloud making you go faster was obvious but it seems a lot of people missed that one. That's the whole point of it, it's a risk/reward type thing. You can pretty much just drive off-road with it and not lose speed but you have to weigh up how much benefit you'll get before you shrink, compared to just trying to get rid of the thing. You tend to get it around 3rd to 4th place and it always make me groan when I get it.

I noticed the lightning affecting the people near the bottom for much shorter times too. If you get shrunk in 10th place you're practically full size 3 seconds later. I'm sure that wasn't in DD, not sure about DS. At times it really does feel like Nintendo has the knives out for the people in first place on this one. Especially since fake item boxes no longer block shells. Another common scenario is to get into the lead at the beginning of the race, pick up an item box praying for a shell or banana only to get an fake item box. And then await the inevitable red shell you can do nothing about.

Something useful people might have missed - when you get knocked off the course, if you press accelerate at the moment your vehicle touches the ground after being lowered back on, you'll get a speed boost.

Anyone else tried the wheel with Excite Truck? Gave it a quick go last night and it's wonderful! :wub:

Didn't believe it would work that well since you hold the wiimote differently in ET, but holy crap, it works wonderfully. Try it if you're in doubt everyone, excellent stuff.

ET 2 online, 60fps and with wheel controls ;)

What I've noticed is:

When I started playing online against randoms I won almost every race.

Now I am a much faster driver, I struggle to not be in the bottom 3. I get way in front, blue shelled and shot to shit and that's that.

There seems to be no merit to being the faster driver, quite the opposite in fact. It's more about weapon strategy. Most of which is based on what you are randomly awarded.

This is a bad thing.

Do you know the bikes for people like toad that look like a rocket/torpedo (second from top on the bike list) can you do stunts with this model?

Online before, i was in 8th place when crossing the line when went over second place flashed up but the points on the board at the end said 1st for me. Very strange.

Didn't believe it would work that well since you hold the wiimote differently in ET, but holy crap, it works wonderfully. Try it if you're in doubt everyone, excellent stuff.

ET 2 online, 60fps and with wheel controls :)

what about the controls for flying through the air though? Aren't they broken because of the orientation of the wiimote?

what about the controls for flying through the air though? Aren't they broken because of the orientation of the wiimote?

You mean pulling the nose up / down? If so, no, it all works. Just tilt the wheel like you did before using the Wiimote.