IGNORED

The Final Destination - in 3D

Goose

I enjoyed the first movie, though they tried to overcomplicate it with a plot. The second movie was thoroughly enjoyable with a fantastic opening 15 minutes and some pretty inventive deaths. The third was terrible, with the rollercoaster opening being particularly poor.

So now they're going back to the well one more time, and to get that new-film smell they're doing it in 3D. Is 3D back? Looks like it. I'll see it anyway, just to see how inventively they can bump off teenagers. $43M is a pretty big budget for this kind of thing so I'd imagine the majority is being spent on 3D related stuff. Here's hoping for more two than three....

Final Destination 4 Cast Revealed

Source: Variety

February 22, 2008

New Line has signed Shantel VanSanten, Bobby Campo and Hayley Webb as the stars of Final Destination 4, reports Variety. Nick Zano, Krista Allen and Andy Fiscella round out the cast.

David R. Ellis, who helmed the second installment, will direct the horror-thriller. The story kicks off when a teenager's premonition of a deadly racecar crash spares his life and those of a few lucky others. But death continues to stalk those who escaped it.

Eric Bress wrote the screenplay.

New Line is shooting the latest chapter, budgeted at $43 million, in 3-D. The previous three "Final Destinations" have grossed more than $150 million at the domestic box office.

Principal photography begins this month in New Orleans.

I really like this whole series. I've never laughed so much in a cinema as when i watched FD2 with some friends. It was so funny, in a good way. I love the way it sets up all these scenes where you're contantly spotting things that look like they could cause a painful death, only for them to end up dying in some ridiculous unexpected gory way. They're a lot of fun to watch the first time round.

• 10 months later...

Official Synopsis

“Final Destination: Death Trip 3D”

Release Date: August 21st, 2009

Director: David R. Ellis

Writer: Eric Bress

Cast: Shantel VanSanten, Bobby Campo, Haley Webb, Nick Zano, Krista Allen, Andrew Fiscella, Richard T. Jones, Mykelti Williamson

Synopsis: “On what should have been a fun-filled day at the races, Nick O’Bannon has a horrific premonition in which a bizarre sequence of events causes multiple race cars to crash, sending flaming debris into the stands, brutally killing his friends and causing the upper deck of the stands to collapse on him. When he comes out of this grisly nightmare Nick panics, persuading his girlfriend, Lori, and their friends, Janet and Hunt, to leave… escaping seconds before Nick’s frightening vision becomes a terrible reality. Thinking they’ve cheated death, the group has a new lease on life, but unfortunately for Nick and Lori, it is only the beginning. As his premonitions continue and the crash survivors begin to die one-by-one—in increasingly gruesome ways—Nick must figure out how to cheat death once and for all before he, too, reaches his final destination. The film marks the latest in the highly popular “Final Destination” series, and its first 3D installment, giving horror fans an especially visceral thrill ride.”

Final_Destination4_2.jpg

Final_Destination4_1.jpg

I really like this whole series. I've never laughed so much in a cinema as when i watched FD2 with some friends. It was so funny, in a good way. I love the way it sets up all these scenes where you're contantly spotting things that look like they could cause a painful death, only for them to end up dying in some ridiculous unexpected gory way. They're a lot of fun to watch the first time round.

I loved that, there was stuff all over like electric cables, knives, broken glass & saw blades then the victim would get squashed by a giant badger or something :)

i liked all 3

just love how it takes about 15-20 minutes for a death to happen, but all the ways leading up to it are interesting

the 2 girls killed in the sunbeds in part 3 for instance

you can imagine death planning the death

<harry hill>yeap that goes there then the trumpet sits, and that yeap there with yeap and yeah and finally with coconut</harry hill>

i like the FD films, although i think they got worse as they went on. Number 2 had a amazing start of the film though, fantastic stuff. FD3 just started to get a bit too much of a black comedy but it still worked.

Im looking forward to FD4 especially in 3d.. might be interesting.

I loved that, there was stuff all over like electric cables, knives, broken glass & saw blades then the victim would get squashed by a giant badger or something :(

Was it as big as a horse?

Its starts with a car crash, and lots of people die. Its gotta be good for that alone.

Despite me not liking 3 too much, the sunbed death is pure terror. Nothing came close to that. I think the fact they were naked didn't help but to me that was one of the worse deaths i think i've ever seen.

The other deaths were all like "woah" and slightly jumpy but that one was pure nastiness.

Not in 3D. it's a special projection system they use so it wouldn't work.

Not strictly true. The RealD films have been released in 3D on DVD and Blu-Ray as well but I think they've been transformed into the crappy red/blue type of 3D. What's quite daft is that these home releases only give you two pairs of glasses so if you buy a family film like Journey to the Centre of the Earth you can't all watch it together.

• 4 months later...
The first and second ones were the best but I'm sure i'll end up catching this one on dvd or something

If it's anything like My Bloody Valentine it'll be much better in 3D than 2D. It's Final Destination, there'll be shit flying at the audience's face for 90 solid minutes.