The Ultimate Burger

rubberducker

Well I'm making the trip up to Atomic Burger for the first time this Saturday, all because of the talk on this forum!

I noticed their current specials are the MR T burger, and this:

E.T's Finger

Well this is special, Corndog, USA cheese and Onions on a burger with a side of your choice

I may have to go for that :unsure:

Went to 9a Holyrood in Edinburgh (obviously) over the weekend and it was pretty good. I had the 'Bohemian' which was pretty tasty but the beef, turkey and prosciutto kind of cancelled each other out a bit. Pesto mayo was a nice touch though. The GF had the 'Pioneer' which had very swissy Swiss cheese, garlic mushrooms and some crispy bacon on it. I'll definitely have that if we ever go back. Both came is sourdough buns/rolls/breadcakes which gets a thumbs up from me, although brioche buns are the best.

Holyrood-9A-1.jpg

On Jamie's Great Britain he featured a Burger Van where they use chuck beef, a very hot pan, special recipe cheese, seasoning on the grill only and slightly steamed buns ( done on top of the burger, on the grill, with water spray and a lid over it ).

I really want to go and check it out, if anyone knows where it is? I didn't catch the details when I was watching it.

I only ended up trying X Burger for the first time a couple of weeks ago. And have since had another two burgers from them (they even do home delivery!). If you live around their way (it's in Kilburn, just a 20 second walk off the High Road on Willesden Lane), you owe it to yourself to give them a go.

On Jamie's Great Britain he featured a Burger Van where they use chuck beef, a very hot pan, special recipe cheese, seasoning on the grill only and slightly steamed buns ( done on top of the burger, on the grill, with water spray and a lid over it ).

I really want to go and check it out, if anyone knows where it is? I didn't catch the details when I was watching it.

Was it the Meatwagon? Currently in residence at the Rye pub in Peckham I believe. Or maybe Lucky Chip?

Was it the Meatwagon? Currently in residence at the Rye pub in Peckham I believe. Or maybe Lucky Chip?

Yes, Meatwagon! Thanks :D

http://willeatformoney.blogspot.com/2010/04/meatwagon-peckham.html

The double cheese slices, the cover over the burgers.. definitely this guy.

Looks like he's left Peckham, I'll have to wait and see where he turns up next.

Yeah Meatwagon!!

It's just left Peckham, the restaurant will be near Bond Street. It used to set up in the garden of my local pub before it settled at The Rye, there were always insane queues.

I thought Jamie was a bit of a twat when he said that although Yianni had tested over a thousand (!) cheeses he wasn't convinced and said that cheddar will do. NO!

Went to Atomic Burger in Oxford at the weekend and I can confidently say I had the best burger I've ever eaten. When I think back, I can still taste it, and I want it all over again.

I had the Chuck Norris - Pulled Pork, Jalapinos, and American Cheese, the other half had one with a Cajun rubbed burger, Pineapple, and Cheddar. We had the Sci-Fries, Onion rings, and Caesar Salad.

Seriously, like a lot of people have already said in this thread, if you have the chance to go to Atomic do it without hesitation. We drove a total of 120 miles just to go, and I would do it all over again.

Anyone know where to get a good burger in Liverpool?

Not quite at the lofty heights of some of the burgers in this thread but Hannahs Bar actually had pretty good burgers whenever I've been in. They don't over complicate, just a nice selection of fat sarnies/burgers and good chips for around six quid. Better than the GBK and that burger place near the Kingsway any which way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2pxeXpCgEg

He's now at Meatliquor which is at 72 Welbeck Street, Paddington, Greater London W1G.

Soft opening is this week 5pm - ?

official opening is Friday night, lunch service is supposedly from next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2pxeXpCgEg

He's now at Meatliquor which is at 72 Welbeck Street, Paddington, Greater London W1G.

Soft opening is this week 5pm - ?

official opening is Friday night, lunch service is supposedly from next week.

Cheers, actually noticed this on Twitter today: http://www.fifteenpickles.com/2011/11/08/getting-back-on-the-wagon-at-meat-liquor/