IGNORED

The Everton FC thread - Brace for another season in the prem. Taraabit Burnley you six fingered mutants. :)

ventress

11 hours ago, stefcha said:

How many erratic wingers do we really need though?!

Thats a fair point but Bolasie is a bit of quality 

Ashley Williams, Lamine Kone and Wilfried Bony all pretty close apparently. 

That would just leave us to get Witsel over the line after swapping Lukaku for Begovic, Remy and cash

Easy!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an interesting article about something I wasn't overly aware of, several months ago we employed former Team USA top bod in analysis, development and research.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/22/meet-the-team-usa-sports-science-guru-transforming-everton-fc2/?

I'm in two minds about this, I wouldn't want our club to become more robotic and characterless in the way that seems to go hand in hand with this sort of thing, but on the other hand he comes across well and not quite like that sort of at-all-costs dickhead that can be associated with the role either. So, like the season to date, cautious optimism is engaged.

Apparently we're after Lucas Perez Martinez from Deportivo for £15m. The two Spanish lads I lived with at uni recently were Deportivo fans, they told me Martinez was far and away their best player and from what I saw of him I had to agree. Hopefully he would do okay in this league if we do get him.

Dear Ronald

For my transfer deadline day this year I would like 

Asmir Begovic

Gabbiadini and 

Lamine Kone

That is all. Thanks (unless you want to throw in Brahimi and Sissoko in which case I won't say no)

Wincho

On 31 August 2016 at 12:08, Wincho said:

Dear Ronald

For my transfer deadline day this year I would like 

Asmir Begovic

Gabbiadini and 

Lamine Kone

That is all. Thanks (unless you want to throw in Brahimi and Sissoko in which case I won't say no)

Wincho

Or do nothing. Whatever.

I am disappoint

• 2 weeks later...

How about "Doing too well, brace for imminent catastrophe"?

Here's an Everton related anecdote from when I was on holiday in Spain last week, was at table in a popular tapas bar and there was a soft-ish scouse sounding guy on the table behind, quite the raconteur in that he couldn't half tell a story with some detail, and listening in I always wonder if they're red or blue and worked out he was blue because he actually pronounced Koeman properly (he'd been a couple of holes ahead of him on a golf course recently). Mentioned it as we excused our way past after we'd finished for the night and after a quick chat it turns out he's mates with Bill Kenwright and was part of the consortium that tried to buy the club in 1993! Really nice and polite chap whoever he was, shame I didn't have the opportunity to press him for a few tales.

Generally easier to just change your username and avatar but hey ho. Can't believe Leicester v Chelsea got the nod as the game on Sky tonight over this! Actually I can fully believe it, but surely Derby v Liverpool or Forest v Arsenal would've been more interesting than listening to the commentators drone on about the poor man's Idrissa Gueye playing his old team every five minutes as will surely happen.

He should have known better than to field that team against what were premiership players last season. That said a few things were off tonight, he played a weakened side and stalled on making changes to the team when things go badly, which Koeman normally doesn't do. I don't think we'll be seeing much of Lennon or Deulofeu after this, I blame them for the loss as they were so ineffective (Deulfeu was straight up rubbish) that the Norwich players were not remotely tired or feeling pressured, which is something Bolasie and Mirallas normally bring to our play when they start. Once Norwich went ahead they had no trouble defending the lead what so ever.

The team really wasn't that weak last night and as easily strong enough to get the job done against Norwich.

Delofeu has impressed every time I've seen him of late so it's disappointing that he did not take advantage of a start last night because he has all the talent to become a top top player. 

I also like Lennon - he was superb last season and can usually be relied on to put in a shift

It was a poor performance but lets not start writing off decent players and throwing them on the scrapheap just yet

• 4 months later...