IGNORED

The Everton FC thread - Brace for another season in the prem. Taraabit Burnley you six fingered mutants. :)

ventress

• 1 month later...
On 02/07/2021 at 15:19, GamesGamesGames said:

What's the blue scouse feeling about this? Obviously you get the worst of each extreme online but curious to know what any of the matchgoers here reckon, now that the deed is done.

Serious answer, I think it's a poor decision but I find it hard to care very much. It's mostly a symptom of the cultural void at the heart of the club these days. They were arguably unlucky that Ancelotti jumped ship so soon, though I can't begrudge him that decision, but he was ill-suited to the club and the squad in any case. His avuncular man-management clearly boosted the likes of DCL and he brought in a couple of loyal subjects who started strong, but as a group they need much more structure and direction than 'just play'. This is who he is, though, so I don't blame him. The mistake was a deep lack of cultural awareness from the owners. 

And so Rafa is simply the next error along the same path. It's an undignified appointment which demonstrates how little the owners understand or care about the club. I understand that Gerrard was asked by some journo scrote if he'd ever been interested in the job and he basically told them to fuck off. That's the spirit. Fair play to the cunt. I would have much sooner given it to Ferguson even if he turned out to be absolutely shit. I don't crave success at all (I'm not wasting my life waiting on that) but I do want to see a cultural representation of Everton Football Club. For me, that's an ex-con screaming at the cunts for 90 minutes and battering them in the dressing room win, lose or draw and headbutting opposition managers, players and fans every single Saturday. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Isn't all the evidence pointing towards yes, they are exactly that daft?

They let Benitez ship out one of your best players because they didn't get on, sign two other players at substantial expense, then sacked him a week or two later. I know situations can evolve fast in football, especially as fans give their 'feedback', but what on earth is that about? And that's after hiring him in the first place, of course, when it was obvious to all that nothing short of pipping Liverpool to the title on the last day of the season would have endeared him to the fans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mean, that was fine. Good. I'm happy we've stayed up. 

But "Super Frank" took over with Everton in 16th,  and got us to 16th. And we're having a pitch invasion over avoiding relegation. I know supporting Everton is about setting expectations low, but....

3 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Never again please.

You say that, but Frank is defo getting a contract extension over keeping you exactly where you were when he took over.

2 hours ago, layten said:

You say that, but Frank is defo getting a contract extension over keeping you exactly where you were when he took over.

Of course. Legit Gwladys Street hero now. But even with St Francis, something tells me we will back where we belong next year.

Lower mid-table mediocrity.

• ventress changed the title to The Everton FC thread - Brace for another season in the prem. Taraabit Burnley you six fingered mutants. :)
On 24/04/2022 at 20:26, Hamus said:

Everton thread. Brace for Championship?

Everton and Liverpool both achieved the exact same thing. Not winning the league.