IGNORED

The Everton FC thread - Brace for another season in the prem. Taraabit Burnley you six fingered mutants. :)

ventress

I hate that Rat Boy McDivey for sure but shit on me he's a good player.

I thought a draw was a fair result in the end.

We dominated the first half after going two behind but thought they came back strong in the second and we were stupidly lucky not to lose it on 90 mins after the Asst Ref got it wrong and raised the flag on Rat Boy.

That said, Jelavic was unusually mis-firing and could have put the game to bed for us with one of the chances he had (the header!!!)

Can't remember the last time we rescued something from a game coming from 2 down. RESOLVE

We are 3rd most frequent user of the long ball in Prem (Stoke out of interest are 8th, Swansea 20th and West Ham 1st)

The difference is that this season we mix up the long ball with some very nice football as our 359 'accurate' passes to Liverpool's 257 shows

Any man who answers the question 'What is your favourite cheese?' with "errrrr..........melted" can and should be ignored.

Perhaps Gerrard should concentrate on his own performances this season rather than worrying about how the opposition play. He's been pretty much non-existent in the games I've seen him in so far and if it wasn't for the fact it's Gerrard, would most likely have lost his place in the team by now

Watched yesterday's game on a stream. There wasn't the fluency we've been seeing but the good news is we added the achievement "Win when not at your best"

Ossie celebrated his call up by promptly falling asleep to let Adam Johnson n at the back post but when you've got the likes of Fellaini in the form he is in you've always got a chance.

Losing Mirallas with that groin injury unbalanced us a bit too but in fairness, Naismith looked lively and more than capable when he replaced him. Hopefully he'll not be out too long

Extra sweet for me as my Dad is a lifelong Sunderland fan

Really deserves a cap. Chuffed to bits he's been called up

While he's a decent enough player and England's midfield has been somewhat bizarrely populated with average favourites over the years, I wouldn't say he's international class and given his age I'm not sure I see the point of the callup at all really. Hope he at least gets a run out though!

Couldn't agree more but it'd be nice if he gets a runout so when he retires in a few years time he is able to say he represented his country.

I'm pleased solely for sentimental reasons rather than any delusions that he is England's missing piece of the puzzle - he is absolutely not.

My comment that he deserves a cap is based purely on being an Everton fan and liking the guy, not because he's the best this Country has to offer

• 2 weeks later...

I predict our next match will end in a draw. No idea who we're playing.

edit: Oh god, it's Arsenal at home. A draw might be optimistic, even if they're not doing so well themselves at the moment. Terrible record against them, saw the 1-2 at Goodison a couple of years back and they were great to watch but at least Cahill got a consolation at the end!

Well I'd have taken a point against the champions at their gaff. 3 points off third now, if only we'd turned up for the second half of the Reading game.

Yeah, then we might've managed yet another draw! Can't complain too much though, like I said before at least we're playing better than we have for ages if only we could kill games off in the bits where we do play brilliantly...

Draw, should possibly have buried things in the first half, again. And what the hell was Fellaini playing at? This made me laugh though:

Pulis took the opportunity to highlight incidents in previous matches when fouls against Stoke players have gone unpunished, and to praise his players for not over-reacting.

Yeah, and maybe if your players weren't persistently fouling in the box on set pieces for 90 minutes it wouldn't wind anyone up in the first place although I guess that applies to many teams, and you can't condone the reaction either way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ventress changed the title to The Everton FC thread - Brace for another season in the prem. Taraabit Burnley you six fingered mutants. :)