rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Jim Miles

Mad Men

I thought they actually killed Kenny then

Not the first time they hinted at something like this.

I think the point is that nobody really knows. He's Don all over again. The Talented Mr. Benson?

• Upvote 1

A fraud and a homosexual. Nothing major really, he just lied on his resumé. Basically, he's Don Draper 2.0 and Pete Campbell knows he can't outsmart these tricky liars, so he's teaming up with the professional fibber this time around. Not sure what the Spanish was about, but I'd wager he picked a bit up from hanging around Manolo*.

*Sexing up Manolo?

Ummm who is Bob Benson exactly? I'm a little confused after this episode.

He's a scam artist alongside the caretaker apparently.

This season has been so good. I was really worried after the first four episodes or so, but since then it's just been knocking it out of the park every week.

More than once, during the 6 season run, I've pondered whether the show has been going off the boil, and the answer has always been an emphatic no. I can't think of another drama that has maintained such gloriously high standards for such a long period of time.

Remember that poster they released before the season started.

ru5Fy1h.jpg

Second Don should have been holding a cup of coffee.

Yeah, he schmoozed up to him in the elevator at the start of the series. Don wasn't impressed.

oh aye, I remember now

I loved the start of the episode and then how they spent about 20 minutes teasing phonecalls etc before revealing that

Ken wasn't actually dead

I'm sure I've said it before but Don is such a cunt

Glen is such a shitty actor. The whole scene with the kids was awkward actually. Apart from Sally they were all pretty wooden.

I like how Sally is becoming more like her mother, the scene when Glenn is punching the other kid and she's watching and enjoying it reminds me of Betty so much.

• Upvote 1

Glen is such a shitty actor. The whole scene with the kids was awkward actually. Apart from Sally they were all pretty wooden.

It's a mystery how Marten Holden Weiner ever got cast in Matthew Weiner's TV show.

• Upvote 2

I liked his secretary's comment about his gun only being good for killing squirrels. It seemed aimed at all the fans who were expecting him to go on a murder spree with it before.

• Upvote 1

Well it was a low key end, but I loved the last shot. I think it will leave a lot of people unsatisfied though, particularly those who were expounding more dramatic turns of event.

Hmm... well Don's basically been fired, and I don't think we can understate the significance of Peggy sitting in his chair. 'Where next for Don' is more than enough to keep me keen until next year. I get what you mean though.

Loved Pete and his brother convincing themselves not to stump up any cash for the investigation. Pure Pete.

• Upvote 1

Can they fire him though? Don't they have to buy out his share? I assumed the "indefinite suspension" was because they can't afford to stump up the cash right now and/or don't want to create a competitor?

Well it was a low key end, but I loved the last shot. I think it will leave a lot of people unsatisfied though, particularly those who were expounding more dramatic turns of event.

Really? I thought it was a stunning episode, my favourite this season.

• Upvote 1

Ted and Pete spin-off series in LA.

Why's Pete going to LA again? I know he was supposed to move to Detroit, and Bob scuppered that, but what's he going to do out there? They only need Ted on Sunkist.

Anyway, I thought it was good. I guess Megan is leaving Don, so him and Pete are free to do what they want. Might the old foes join sides and start their own mental ad agency?

Draper, Campbell & Benson