Mad Men

Jim Miles

Yeah - it's like they could just keep the show going indefinitely, if they kept introducing characters like Ginsberg in S5, then the amazing Bob Benson in 6. I really think the show could survive without Don, but then you've only got one alpha bad-ass left in Roger - and he's not long for this world, with his lifestyle.

I proper loved episode 7; it felt like a season finale, in a good way.

Edit: nothing's came of the 'shots on a plane' promos. What's the deal with that? I figured they'd be getting another airline during those episodes.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like this has been away for yonks. I really hate when they split what ought to have been one (final) season into 2 smaller ones (like Breaking Bad also). But good to have you back MM - I'll wear you like a pair of comfortable slippers.

I have so much love for Ken.

So I guess ...

Don is at his hallucinating womanising peak again. No idea which of his scenes are real, hallucinated or dreamt.

Great to see Peggy be happy again for a change, but she still had to spoil things by over-thinking her actions.

I don't think so at all and don't really see why that theory is so popular.

Now 1969 has been and gone with no event, so any subtle references to it were probably just subtle references.

Besides, It wouldn't be the first time that heavy handed foreshadowing hasn't lead to where it seemed to be going (e.g. Pete's gun).

This weeks episode is incredible. So many good moments it's one of my favourites out of the whole thing to date.

Now 1969 has been and gone with no event, so any subtle references to it were probably just subtle references.

Besides, It wouldn't be the first time that heavy handed foreshadowing hasn't lead to where it seemed to be going (e.g. Pete's gun).

It was referenced this week in a way that made out they were still on their killing spree.

Another top episode, really don't want this program to end.

Took me a few seconds to realise it was Glen Bishop [who is played by Matthew Weiner’s son Marten Holden Weiner btw], looked so different, compared to how little Sally has changed over the years.

tumblr_n4r80avnBz1rm7sbeo2_250.giftumblr_nn3eblWePm1sq9xy6o4_400.gif

My favourite scene by a long way, had to pause it as I was laughing so much:

von22wf.gif

ec2dCaX.gif

"You just ooze everywhere."

I kind of feel sorry for Don now. He's just a very sad man, a bit of a punch bag for those he used to love. That bit where he was at the vending machine, between a warring Pete n Peggy. The line about "your just a handsome man with no personality". That ending shot. Really does feel like things are wrapping up now, and I feel he's in a really bad place.