Retro Gamer - Issue 49

NonShinyGoose

retrogamer49dh0.jpg

Beat'em up special this month, with another Oliver Frey cover featuring a chap with a big chopper. Sorry, axe.

The Classic Game:

Mega Man 2

The Making of...

Skweek and Super Skweek

Medievil

Pastfinder

The Wizard movie

Retro Revival:

Mars Matrix

Pang

The history of...

Might and Magic

Retro Shamer:

Pele

Retrospection:

Best of British consoles

Company profile:

Epyx

End/Game:

Contra III

Plus: 25 best beat'em ups and 10 best racing games you've never heard of

Next month is a special '50th Birthday' issue promising the Makings of Gunstar Heroes, GTA and Great Giana Sisters plus a Dreamcast Retrospection!

Pele, on the Megadrive?

I hope you mentions that dispite the fact it got really really really bad reviews Future Zone signed it up as an exclusive to just thier stores. I worked there at the time and was told the woman responsible buying at Head office was really clueless. I forget who published (Accolade?) the game now but they really must have seen how clueless she was and got her to buy all the UK stock.

Future Zone had huge racks of that game in store, more than would have sold even if it was a good football title I susspect. It was so hard to sell, the gamers knew it was crap and I think eventually it was discounted to 3.99 just to shift it and we would not take it in as a pre owned title at all.

RSC can use all his free time to write that book and publish it himself.

A shooters only issue will really go down badly as I get the impression that the readership is very diverse in their intrests. You'd have more people happy with a dedicated C64 issue than that.

Nice, when is it in the shops ? nexth Thursday I presume.

I really need to get round to get a sub sorted out.

Can someone expand on what the "Best of British consoles" article cover please. Im thinking it might only be a half page spread :lol: .

Off the top of my head im thinking of the Amstrad GX4000 and the Konix, what other British consoles were there ?

Can someone expand on what the "Best of British consoles" article cover please. Im thinking it might only be a half page spread :lol: .

Off the top of my head im thinking of the Amstrad GX4000 and the Konix, what other British consoles were there ?

There's a 3 issues for £1 subs card in the latest issue.

Can someone expand on what the "Best of British consoles" article cover please. Im thinking it might only be a half page spread ;) .

It's four pages by Martyn Carroll on British machines of the early 1980s... and how many of them got a Manic Miner conversion :lol:

There's a 3 issues for £1 subs card in the latest issue.

Tell me about it, there has been one of them in the last few issues and I say the same thing every time about getting it sorted out, then I forget and its time for a new issue.

This time though.

It's four pages by Martyn Carroll on British machines of the early 1980s... and how many of them got a Manic Miner conversion :lol:

Cheers, sounds good.

Lovely cover and it seems to be a good issue, looking forward to it.

Next month is a special '50th Birthday' issue promising the Makings of Gunstar Heroes, GTA and Great Giana Sisters plus a Dreamcast Retrospection

:wub:

As a Minibosses forum user, I hear giddy yanks waxing lyrical about MM2 approximately fifteen times a day. :(

But I still love it. ;)

(BTW Darran, did you get my email, mate? I tried signing up to the RG forum with this username, but I haven't had my activation email. Deffo got the address right, too. Any chance you could check it out for me? Cheers!)

As a Minibosses forum user, I hear giddy yanks waxing lyrical about MM2 approximately fifteen times a day. :(

But I still love it. ;)

(BTW Darran, did you get my email, mate? I tried signing up to the RG forum with this username, but I haven't had my activation email. Deffo got the address right, too. Any chance you could check it out for me? Cheers!)

been on holiday all week so that would be a no mate.