IGNORED

PGR 4 Weekly Time Trial Challenges - Mk2

Meatball

Not played much of anything this week and it doesn't look like that I'm going to get much of a chance before the deadline to have another try at this, so this from my brief play is probably going to be my best effort for the week.

0:51.39 - Meatball - AT

0:52:42 - SteveH - AT my final time I think. Usual problem of then being inside my ghost car for some corners and it completely throwing me. It's doubly annoying because I can beat spatulars car up until the last part of the initial uphill section and I got all giddy :unsure:

PGR 4 Weekly Challenge 07/07/08 - 13/07/08

City - Quebec

Track - Rampart Run

Weather - Clear

Vehicle - Class C - Lotus Exige GT3

Final Results

1. 0:50.40 - spatular - AT

2. 0:51.39 - Meatball - AT

3. 0:52.42 - SteveH - AT

4. 0:53.87 - SeanR - AT

A pretty quiet week for the TT sees another victory by spatular, with room to spare. Nicely done mate.

New challenge in first post.

I really fancy taking all the TT results to date, whacking them into excel, and using them to somehow plot the relative improvements and what nots amongst this collection of drivers.

but I'm not sure how to go about it...

Cool, sounds interesting, go for it. All the results are together here remember :(

My first stab at this weeks challenge...

1:26.08 - Meatball - AT

I've decided to limit my time playing for these TT's as I've been putting far too much time into a lot of them and neglecting playing other stuff, so I might not be quite as competitive from now on :D

sorry dudes - wanted to take part but guess what - the Xbox has vaguely blown up and will shortly on its way back to Xbox hq.

So unless this weeks challenge is a race to see how quick you get back a repaired xbox, i'm out for a few weeks.

Lame.

Forgot about this with all the E3 hoohah this week!

Initial time ia 1:27:16 - SteveH - AT

There is more to come when I nail that tricky uphill bit with the jump.

Sorry about your machine Ray :) I know what that's like having to send a machine back and the long wait.

Crap news about your RROD Ray :) Hope it's fixed quickly for you.

Change of plans from my previous post.

Sadly I think next week is going to be my last in charge :P As I'd said in that post, I was going to be cutting my playing time down anyways so that I could spend some more time getting stuck into my untouched games. But after another think, as it seems to have been drying up in here the last few weeks, I've decided to call it quits after the next one.

If someone else wants to carry it on I'll pop back occasionally, but most of my gaming time will be spent on that big pile of as yet untouched games.

Thanks for taking part gents, it's been fun ;) Hopefully we can finish my tenure with a good one.

Thanks for taking part gents, it's been fun ;) Hopefully we can finish my tenure with a good one.

thanks for organising it :(

was going to struggle to get a time in this week but as it's the second to last one i'll have a quick go now...

edit:

1:25.39 - spatular - AT

only once managed to not hit anything on the jump, then messed up the rest of the lap.

1:25:90 - SteveH - AT - I love how that time still isn't as quick as Spatulars messed up lap though :(

Gutted to be honest as I was doing a lap and was absolutely flying, I reckon I could have got close to a 1:24 but lost the bastard thing in that little drop section under the bridge before the left hander. Ah well!

I've been asked to choose a car for what is probably the last challenge. It's group G and after much deliberation I reckon it has to be the Delorean seeing as it's become a bit synonymous with this forum. It was a close call between that and one of my all time favourite cars, the Lotus Cortina. But I think apart from getting the acheivement, I don't think I've used the Delorean at all so it will be interesting to see how it holds up ;)

My 2nd attempt.

1:24.88 - Meatball - AT

Can be a touch tricky trying to line up that jump to so you don't hit the barriers and also that bit under braking that you mention Steve.

There's still a bit of room for improvement in that lap, but that'll do me for the week I think.

PGR 4 Weekly Challenge 14/07/08 - 20/07/08

City - Tokyo

Track - The Triangle Building

Weather - Clear

Vehicle - Class B - Atom 300 Supercharged

Final Results

1. 1:24.88 - Meatball - AT

2. 1:25.39 - spatular - AT

3. 1:25.90 - SteveH - AT

4. 1:34.96 - SeanR (late entry)

Another quiet one sees podium places for all contenders this week, with me taking the win on a tricky track.

Well driven men :)

New challenge is up.

I forgot to post my time :wub:

I think we can relax the rules a little now we're winding down and let you off with a late entry.

When I went on to play last night I did spot your time on the leaderboard so I know you did actually do it before the deadline anyway.

EDIT: And to get me started this week...

1:48.73 - Meatball - AT

I really fancy taking all the TT results to date, whacking them into excel, and using them to somehow plot the relative improvements and what nots amongst this collection of drivers.

but I'm not sure how to go about it...

It's pretty easy. All you need to do is put them in columns and create a pivot table.

Well, not a great last race from me. I'm over 5 secs off the pace so far and can't seem to suss out why. It's an easy car, easy circuit, but that lap was a real struggle. I'd been over 10 seconds off before that. Can't see how I could go any faster if I sat playing all day. Not quite sure why either.

keep at it mate. I was driving round about 3 or 4 seconds off Spatular's time for a while, thinking I was going as quick as I could and wondering how the hell I was going to make up the difference, but then I pushed on, braked later, accelerated harder and over a few laps it suddenly came to me.

1:51:28 - SteveH - AT

I can't for the life of me see how you guys went 3 seconds faster. Bit of a low note to end on because I feel like I just can't do this challenge at all. It should in theory be one of the easiest so far, but I simply can't do it. That time was after a lot of practise and a huge amount of good fortune!

Crap news about your RROD Ray :) Hope it's fixed quickly for you.

Change of plans from my previous post.

Sadly I think next week is going to be my last in charge :( As I'd said in that post, I was going to be cutting my playing time down anyways so that I could spend some more time getting stuck into my untouched games. But after another think, as it seems to have been drying up in here the last few weeks, I've decided to call it quits after the next one.

If someone else wants to carry it on I'll pop back occasionally, but most of my gaming time will be spent on that big pile of as yet untouched games.

Thanks for taking part gents, it's been fun :( Hopefully we can finish my tenure with a good one.

Aww, I was just thinking about coming back too. Got my new shiny TV you see and the PGR magic has come back. I haven't lost my touch. picked a random class and track and within a few laps was 26th on the leaderboards. I'll pick a class, track combo this week if you want. Even if I'm the only one to give it a go.

Aww, I was just thinking about coming back too. Got my new shiny TV you see and the PGR magic has come back. I haven't lost my touch. picked a random class and track and within a few laps was 26th on the leaderboards. I'll pick a class, track combo this week if you want. Even if I'm the only one to give it a go.

I can't have been the only one to think, let's end this now, when I read that bit :(

Big thanks to Meatball for having the patience to organise this every week. Even if it does trickle on a while yet, he deserves a big hand because I know I wouldn't have taken the time to keep this thread up to date. Cheers Meatball :(

Big thanks to Meatball for having the patience to organise this every week. Even if it does trickle on a while yet, he deserves a big hand because I know I wouldn't have taken the time to keep this thread up to date. Cheers Meatball :(

^^^^^^^^

What he said.

Thanks a million Meatball.....and cheers for posting up the cool pics each week! :(

PGR 4 Weekly Challenge 21/07/08 - 27/07/08 The Grand Finale

City - London

Track - The Birdcage

Weather - Clear

Vehicle - Class G - Delorean DMC-12

Final Results

1. 1:48.19 - spatular - AT

2. 1:48.73 - Meatball - AT

3. 1:51.28 - SteveH - AT

Another winners trophy for Spatular on maybe the final TT. Excellent driving as usual mate.

I think I could maybe have closed the gap if I had another try, but I didn't get round to it.

I can't have been the only one to think, let's end this now, when I read that bit :)

Big thanks to Meatball for having the patience to organise this every week. Even if it does trickle on a while yet, he deserves a big hand because I know I wouldn't have taken the time to keep this thread up to date. Cheers Meatball :wub:

^^^^^^^^

What he said.

Thanks a million Meatball.....and cheers for posting up the cool pics each week! :(

Muchas gracias peoples ;)

As it happens I'm now off work for two weeks, so I don't mind taking part in a couple more and keeping the thread up to date, if somebody else wants to do the honours of car and track choice and take some pics for me to use.

After that I will definitely call it a day. At least on running it anyways.

I think the group choice would be SteveH's next if you want to nominate somebody to pick a car. Somebody would need to choose the track and maybe take some pics also.

Or if you don't mind SSBJ looks eager to choose?

Let me know what y'all decide and I'll update the first post :)

Ok, if we are going to do another week then I choose group C cars - I'm not a fan of the super fast cars as I never feel quite in control of them!

I choose SSBJ to choose the vehicle and maybe the track then? Yeah, he does seems rather keen with his fancy new TV and stuff ;)

No watch him pick a bastard of a car :lol: