The Apprentice - Wed BBC1 9pm

Hexx

I loved the first season but since then i completely lost interest. Like big brother, now contentants just take part to try and get some kind of minor celebrity career going and the show suffers immensely as a result. Sugar has become even more of a parody of himself as time goes on too.

The should have killed it after season 1.

I used to be a complete reality-tv snob a couple of years back; thought it was all a load of worthless shite. But then I caught an episode of The Amazing Race and got hooked on it. Since then I've also developed a love for Survivor. I'll definitely be giving The Apprentice a shot this time around. That Last Man Standing thing on BBC2 is pretty good too (though it's more of a semi-documentary than most reality shows).

Big Brother and anything else that involves audience votes determining who should win can still fuck right off though.

I must admit it's a guilty pleasure, but I do enjoy this show.

I think it more for watching these nutters who obviously think they are the greatest thing ever and then watching in shock as they struggle to implement the most basic of plans or ideas. The snobby army bloke from last year trying to flog the cheap crappy block of cheese to the French, followed up by trying to sell pork to Muslims was without doubt the funniest thing I watched on TV all last year.

I fucking love the apprentice. Mainly for the idiocy and the drama. Theres us, the average people watching and then here are these so called talented people who keep defying common sense. I just love watching car crashes and grillings in the boardroom afterwards.

I even watch the US version which has been a celebrity apprentice this time with Piers Morgan making me LOL.

Is the UK one going to continue the celebrity one that was around at Sport Relief or is it a proper new season?

It's the very definition of car crash tv - while I'm sure loads of it is edited, there's somethings/choices they can't "edit" (e.g. trying to cook sausages on show polish) that just make watching the "best and brightest" fail so spectacularly...very entertaining.

The US version hasn't been very good since about since 5 (when it became too much "reality tv" like). Seasons 1,2 and 3 were all pretty darned good though.

Celebrity Apprentice (US) was boring. It relied far too much on them using their celebrity for sales/attracting people.

It's a proper new season. The Sports Relief was just a one-off episode.

For me, the entertainment comes from watching the contestants be put through the grinder, fall apart and, on occasion, seeing something decent actually emerge from beneath the veil of self importance and cockiness. But mainly to see things go tits-up.

The snobby army bloke from last year trying to flog the cheap crappy block of cheese to the French, followed up by trying to sell pork to Muslims was without doubt the funniest thing I watched on TV all last year.

Did you miss Simon selling trampolines on Ideal World TV?