IGNORED

The Apprentice - Wed BBC1 9pm

Hexx

Excuse my ignorance, but who was the female interviewer? When she said she was chairman of some football club at 23 was I wrong to assume she was either sucking the owner's cock at the time or her dad owned the club? I mean, there's no way she did it based on merrit is there? I think I would have been immensly irritated at being interviewed by her and the comment of "I was chairwoman of bla bla bla at 23" would have knocked me over the edge. Also, she came across as thick as shit to me. "Alex is so pretty and he's shy about it". What are you talking about you fucking cretin?!

Oh, can someone explain what Helene does in her job? Does she set the price of the products? They make it sound like she has a non-job and just sits in a big office. The interviewer blokes can't be more involved than she is in their own businesses can they? And what about Alan, he seems to be riding along in luxury most of the time, why are they having a go at Helene's cushy office?

I loved the fact that, in a way, Lucinda has already beaten them to it as she earns more than the job pays and has a better job anyway. That little shit Alex's face when he found out how much Lucinda earns was a picture.

I'm willing to believe that the "I'm 24" bit was mentioned once per interview, and edited to make it look like that was his standard response.

I can't get behind any of the candidates, they are all fairly useless, and with the exception of Lee not anyone who would seem to give 100% when the going gets tough. But on the flipside Lee seems to have pretty poor skills outside a sales environment. He seems likeable, but he is too easily influenced by his peers and seems fairly out of his depth when under pressure.

I feel that Alex will get it, despite not being a very strong candidate. Claire will revert to moaning and diverting the flak, ultimately losng the task. Alex may not do well, but he will outperform Helene, and Sir Alan seems to have a thing for young men.

Also, she came across as thick as shit to me. "Alex is so pretty and he's shy about it". What are you talking about you fucking cretin?!

Yeah, totally. That's wasn't shyness that was utterly faked coyness, to try and make him seem even more adorable to her. He's very aware of his looks and uses them as a tool, and this particular woman swallowed the hook, and looked like she wanted to swallow something else of his too.

it'll be interesting next week. Hopefully, he won't put the favourites in charge. He'll put Lee and Helene in charge as team lead - in order to see how Alex and Claire do as team members when they know that they can't weasle their way out of a sacking in the boardroom. Claire has used this tactic time and time again. Let other fail and keep her mouth shut at the right time to avoid the boot - but she can't do that this time.

Excuse my ignorance, but who was the female interviewer? When she said she was chairman of some football club at 23 was I wrong to assume she was either sucking the owner's cock at the time or her dad owned the club?

Karren Brady - I think there was an element of getting there on merit tbh (although there was certainly a good publicity & first female director in a predominantly men's arena element about it). Birmingham City were going into receivership at the time, David Sullivan (owner of Sport papers) bought the club and gave her the directors job after working with her previously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karren_Brady

I hate to sound mean, but I don't think Lee is the man for the job. He's like the polar opposite of Raef in that he is really bad at speaking and articulating himself and I'm not sure that could be changed.

He's a bit like Simon in that he's a grafter and will work hard but not much else.

I was surprised no-one mentioned the fact that Claire looked a mess when she went for her interviews.

Karren Brady - I think there was an element of getting there on merit tbh (although there was certainly a good publicity & first female director in a predominantly men's arena element about it). Birmingham City were going into receivership at the time, David Sullivan (owner of Sport papers) bought the club and gave her the directors job after working with her previously.

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karren_Brady" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karren_Brady</a>

Well, after reading up on her it seems that some rich guy got a crush on her whilst she was at Saatchi & Saatchi and bought the club for her.

While in Sullivan's employ, Brady spotted an advert for the sale of Birmingham City F. C. in the Financial Times, when the club was in receivership,[3] and persuaded Sullivan to buy it and let her run it.

It's not the same, in my eyes, as actually working for the company and being recognised as someone who is experienced and skilled enough to hold the position. As I said, I don't really know much about her, but there's no way I buy that she got that position on pure merit. It says she went to school until the age of 18 but then didn't go to uni or any other further education. She then worked for a radio station (I'm guessing in a non-executive role considering she would have no work experience or qualifications) for a while and then moved on to Saatchi & Saatchi. Let's say she was in the radio company for a year, that means she was only working at Saatchi & Saatchi for 3 years before being Managing Director of the football club. Sorry, seems like she was sucking cocks to me.

Let's say she was in the radio company for a year, that means she was only working at Saatchi & Saatchi for 3 years before being Managing Director of the football club. Sorry, seems like she was sucking cocks to me.

Isn't three years far more time than anyone would reasonably need to demonstrate their potential? A good boss can spot potential instantly. You're being more than a little sexist, Monkichi!

Anyone think that Alex was a bit harsh to bring up that Lucinda said she didnt want the job? Didnt she just say that because of the things she was being asked it made her question her motives and suitability for the job? She should of kept her mouth shut there though, being open and honest with the others always leads to problems.

It was very harsh, but the way it was shown made me think that it was in response to something else that we didn't see, it didn't really make sense why he suddenly piped up with it there and then, and then the others were all over it. But who can tell?

You're racist against South Africans

(that's were she's from...right? :o )

That's where she was born but not brought up. Same to Nicole Kidman, who everyone classes as Australian, despite being born in Hawaii.

Alex is a snake - it wasn't sly editing. He did just grass her up outright. It was revealed in the interview show on BBC2.

I've come to this Apprentice thing quite late but I'll say this. Lucinda may have problems listening to others but she is actually cleverer than the others. Her protests seemed to be spot on in the tasks she was given. I'd hire her based on the fact she is honest, capable of thinking as an individual, and actually fucking good at motivating a bunch of backstabbing fucktards into doing something faintly useful.

Alex's youth fixation can be boiled down to this - he's saying "I'm a wet lump of clay waiting to be moulded by someone who has amassed the personality and skills I so tragically lack". While this vacuum of substance inflicts many young people, some have grown a backbone and enough moral fibre not to grass people up as soon as the chips look down. He's still on TV because he looks like a model. It's the only explanation. Should be stabbed.

Lee is winging it for England and is just not smart or confident enough to be in that world. I would trust him to sell biros, but not run a business empire. Outside of TV land the guy would be on his ear in about two seconds flat. It's one thing being dyslexic enough to not spell anything right, but to actually put that guff in a CV during the age of computer spellcheckers showed rank stupidity and sloth. Should be shot.

Helene's main asset is her tragic background. This may be interesting over a coffee but how does it make you good at business? I found it quite stomach churning how quickly she went on about it. It's not surprising though. She's about as interesting as a tree trunk with fungal rot. Should be left to starve in a windowless cell.

Claire is the sort of woman that would put me off sex for life but I like her tenacity and bull-dog confidence. She sounds like she should be controlling nine sprogs as they stuff themselves with happy meals while smoking B&H's and drinking super brew but she is clearly smart and capable and I just can't see her being panicked or intimitated by anyone. Best of a bad bunch. Should be hired. If she isn't Sir Al should be gang raped by hyenas.

You say that Duncan and for the most part I agree with you, as i said earlier Ive just watched the earlier seasons and in comparison to the last 5 or so from Season 1 they seem light-years behind in terms of ability. However, these people seem to of done very well in business, several of them are on or around 100k a year salaries and you dont get that from being incompetant.

You say that Duncan and for the most part I agree with you, as i said earlier Ive just watched the earlier seasons and in comparison to the last 5 or so from Season 1 they seem light-years behind in terms of ability. However, these people seem to of done very well in business, several of them are on or around 100k a year salaries and you dont get that from being incompetant.

I don't know about that. I've come across a fair few 'high flyers' who have been nothing but useless, only to survive on being the 'favourite' of someone higher up the food chain no matter how many things they fuck up.

EDIT: Plus wasn't it only Lucinda (a contractor who would pretty much set her own fee) that was on that money? I know Claire said she was 85k plus bonus, but I got the feeling that was a big fat lie. Alex works on commision only, and I don't see Lee risking quiting a 100k a year job to become the Apprentice.

Alex is a snake - it wasn't sly editing. He did just grass her up outright. It was revealed in the interview show on BBC2.

No it wasn't - they just said what we saw on the show. It doesn't mean that's how it happened.

Pffft - I known a few people who are 'successful' in terms of money, but are quite frankly the dimmest people alive. If money's what motivates a person, then brilliant, but achieving that is no sign of competence. See - the state of banks today for an example.

To be fair to Helena, It's only now with the "last 5 show" that we got that whole, "my family were alchy scum and i was a troubled teen" She's not bleated on abou tit like Alexs "I'm so young check me out" or Lee's " i'm thick .. but fun" tags.

She has just stood back and let the idiots stab each other in the back.

BBC's most read news item at 3.12pm

Lots of people wondering if it really is a "permanent" position then :lol:

To be fair to Helene the question that brought it up (bar the final five programme) was "What has most shaped your life"

And the interviewers when speaking to SirA didn't seem to be saying "She's a sob story give her a job" but "because she's a sob story she worked hard from a young age" (younger than 24!)

To be fair to Helena, It's only now with the "last 5 show" that we got that whole, "my family were alchy scum and i was a troubled teen" She's not bleated on abou tit like Alexs "I'm so young check me out" or Lee's " i'm thick .. but fun" tags.

She has just stood back and let the idiots stab each other in the back.

Helene? She's the one whose been giving the final push when others have been setting the useless ones up for a fall. For example, that langern-jawed ginger one, who couldn't wait to bitch, whine and bully Lucinda then Helene wades in with her big gob. Or what about her "comments" about Lucinda every time she's out of earshot. She's completely useless.

BBC's most read news item at 3.12pm

Lots of people wondering if it really is a "permanent" position then :lol:

It's always been a 12-month contract. Not only that, look at the date of the article.